get error "no image trasmission rth" - help
1900 18 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
giusPhantom
lvl.1
Italy

Hi Guys.
I got a trouble with my phantom 3 professional with latest firmware (and app latest version) at December 10 2016.
Videolink goes down I get the App message  "no image trasmission rth return to home?".
I had testing some condition:
Tablet 7" Huawey Mediapad T1
camera SD card mount
The videolink goes down from 30 seconds to 2 minutes from Phantom power on (or after record start).
I tried to set PAL/NTSC and all resolution available but no change  happens (after camera  reset videolink goes up but after 30/40 seconds  videolink goes down again).

NOTES: if I remove sd card (and power on Phantom) videolink stand up always.
------------
I tried also to use Samsung Galaxy S5 and it wors fine always (with and without SD card).

Have you an idea about?
Thanks in advance

2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Which component firmware did you upgrade where you noticed the issue, the aircraft or the RC? Can you verify the version numbers you are on and how far out are you able to go before the image goes out?
2016-12-12
Use props
giusPhantom
lvl.1
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-13 02:01
Which component firmware did you upgrade where you noticed the issue, the aircraft or the RC? Can you verify the version numbers you are on and how far out are you able to go before the image goes out?

Firmware is P3X_FW_V01.10.0090.
The image go out quickly at 30 cm. But today have a news: I just installed a new app version and 3.1.1 and video no go up in first time.
Example:
1) power on tablet
2) power on rc (start app at home page)
3) power on PH3
4) App see PH3 and enable "CAmera" button
5) press  camera button
6) App show camera but with FREEZE BLACK/WHITE image
If I return to home App page and press "CAmera" button again, image is shows but quickly freeze in BLACK/WHITE picture again.

No trouble with SAMSUNG S5
2016-12-13
Use props
fans82a39c9b
lvl.1

Thailand

Hi, after the latest firmware update (v1.10.90 on the drone and also updated on the remote control) I had my P3P disconnect several times (and initiate RTH) when the drone was close by and in clear line of sight. I solved the problem by relinking the remote control to the drone through the DJI GO APP.
2016-12-13
Use props
giusPhantom
lvl.1
Italy

fans82a39c9b Posted at 2016-12-14 05:37
Hi, after the latest firmware update (v1.10.90 on the drone and also updated on the remote control) I had my P3P disconnect several times (and initiate RTH) when the drone was close by and in clear line of sight. I solved the problem by relinking the remote control to the drone through the DJI GO APP.

Hi.
Thank you for answer.
Remote control working fine. I can control PH3 always. Video goes down, PH3 at ground too before flight or before stat recording (so far from city and interferences).
As I wrote, if I use Samsung S5, instead HUAWEY T1 tablet, video don't goes down.
But I can try to relink RC.
2016-12-14
Use props
fans82a39c9b
lvl.1

Australia

giusPhantom Posted at 2016-12-15 00:17
Hi.
Thank you for answer.
Remote control working fine. I can control PH3 always. Video goes down, PH3 at ground too before flight or before stat recording (so far from city and interferences).

Hi again,

When I was having the disconnect problem between the drone and the remote control I was using either a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge or an IPad Mini. The disconnect meant that I lost control of the drone and lost video. This problem only occurred after the last firmware update and was solved by doing the re-linking between the drone and remote control. Things work fine now with both the IPad Mini and S6 Edge.

I might add that I also have another problem after the same firmware update and that is a low battery voltage problem, despite having plenty of battery percentage left, which causes the drone to land automatically. I am yet to resolve that problem.

2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

giusPhantom Posted at 2016-12-14 21:17
Hi.
Thank you for answer.

Definitely try relinking the RC and see if that helps. If you could clarify whether you also updated the RC and what firmware that it on, it would be appreciated. Regarding your tablet, do you have USB debugging enabled or disabled?
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans82a39c9b Posted at 2016-12-14 21:36
Hi again,

When I was having the disconnect problem between the drone and the remote control I was using either a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge or an IPad Mini. The disconnect meant that I lost control of the drone and lost video. This problem only occurred after the last firmware update and was solved by doing the re-linking between the drone and remote control. Things work fine now with both the IPad Mini and S6 Edge.

Just to clarify, how far out are you and how much batter do you remember having when this occurred? Do you have Smart RTH enabled? When the battery is full, do you see a large deviation in the cell voltages? Any screenshots would be great.
2016-12-14
Use props
fans82a39c9b
lvl.1

Thailand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-15 04:55
Definitely try relinking the RC and see if that helps. If you could clarify whether you also updated the RC and what firmware that it on, it would be appreciated. Regarding your tablet, do you have USB debugging enabled or disabled?

The RC firmware was 1.8.0. I only had the disconnect problem after I updated the RC firmware to 1.8.0 and the P3P firmware to 1.10.90.

USB debugging was turned off on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (I have never turned it on). I am not sure about he IPad Mini as I had borrowed this to see if using a different device would solve the problem but I still had the problem with the IPad Minni
2016-12-14
Use props
fans82a39c9b
lvl.1

Thailand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-15 04:59
Just to clarify, how far out are you and how much batter do you remember having when this occurred? Do you have Smart RTH enabled? When the battery is full, do you see a large deviation in the cell voltages? Any screenshots would be great.

You can view one of the flight logs here healthydrones.com/main?flight=e314f487f6f9ae530806c4817a0d2c13&page_id=GENERALNotifications

The first disconnect was almost overhead but only of short duration. The second disconnect was at 275 ft altitude and 30 ft from home point and initiated the RTH. On both occasions I made sure that the RC antennas were correctly orientated in regard to the position of the drone.

Battery commenced at 94. Smart RTH was enabled.

I am not sure about the deviation in the cell voltages when the battery is full.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans82a39c9b Posted at 2016-12-15 12:13
You can view one of the flight logs here healthydrones.com/main?flight=e314f487f6f9ae530806c4817a0d2c13&page_id=GENERALNotifications

The first disconnect was almost overhead but only of short duration. The second disconnect was at 275 ft altitude and 30 ft from home point and initiated the RTH. On both occasions I made sure that the RC antennas were correctly orientated in regard to the position of the drone.

Unfortunately, I would not be able to do a proper evaluation from a 3rd party source. If you sync your flight logs via the Go app and send an email to support@dji.com, the HQ Support team can evaluate the logs from there.

If you could do me a favor, though, can you fully charge the battery and take a screenshot of the voltage section of the app?
2016-12-14
Use props
justin1
New

United States

Had the same issue with this update. Be prepared to send your drone back for repair and get a bill for $200! Everything worked fine until I updated. Now my drone is sitting in dji repair shop somewhere while I try to convince someone that this is the company's fault and they need to do a recall. It's not right to charge a customer for something they didn't do!
2016-12-15
Use props
fans82a39c9b
lvl.1

Thailand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-15 12:07
Unfortunately, I would not be able to do a proper evaluation from a 3rd party source. If you sync your flight logs via the Go app and send an email to , the HQ Support team can evaluate the logs from there.

If you could do me a favor, though, can you fully charge the battery and take a screenshot of the voltage section of the app?

I have 3 batteries. Here are the screen shots of the cells when the batteries are fully charged.
Battery 1-min.png
Battery 2-min.png
Battery 3-min.png
2016-12-17
Use props
giusPhantom
lvl.1
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-14 22:55

HI.
I tried to relink RC no change happened.
I update, some days ago, firmware P3X_FW_V01.10.0090.zip

I use Android App 3.1.1 and if I tap on the "About" button shows:
App 3.1.1
Version N/A
Remote controller N/A
Flight Controller SN 03.....346

I  send back huawei tablet and I purchased Lenovo Tab3 to use with phantom. Hope it will works fine.
Do you can tell me how I can view all hardware (PH3, RC, battery) version from app ?

Thank you again Jamie
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

giusPhantom Posted at 2016-12-18 04:22
HI.
I tried to relink RC no change happened.
I update, some days ago, firmware P3X_FW_V01.10.0090.zip

Please keep me posted if the issue persists. For your reference, the battery firmware would be the same as the aircraft, so it does not normally have it's own firmware version section. If your tablet connects to the aircraft and the RC properly, then those 'NAs' you provided should show the appropriate firmware.
2016-12-19
Use props
giusPhantom
lvl.1
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-20 00:43
Please keep me posted if the issue persists. For your reference, the battery firmware would be the same as the aircraft, so it does not normally have it's own firmware version section. If your tablet connects to the aircraft and the RC properly, then those 'NAs' you provided should show the appropriate firmware.

Hi Jamie.Thank you for all.
The issue persist but I purchased a new tablet: lenovo tab3 essential (7" wi-fi + 3g) quad core 1gb ram.

I try to use new tab but there is another problem. Now video is live flow but as you can see from my movie (see follow link http://www.ik0jre.net/dji_trouble/11300001.MOV) , I cannot see in FPV because video is not best to view (pixelate effect).
For your remind versions are:
App 3.1.1
Version fw 1.10.90
Remote controller 1.8.0 (I tried 1.5.8 and 1.6.0 but no change happened).
I tried some tablet as Samsung galaxy tab3 7", samsung galxy note 4G 10", huawei mediatab 7" but at today only samsung galaxy S5 (5") working fine. Why ?
I hope in a best solution from dji.. I cannot buy tablet to try at life!
Thank you again for your needful support.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

giusPhantom Posted at 2016-12-29 05:53
Hi Jamie.Thank you for all.
The issue persist but I purchased a new tablet: lenovo tab3 essential (7" wi-fi + 3g) quad core 1gb ram.

Based on the spec of the tablet you mentioned, you would need something with more RAM. 2GB of ram is the minimum requirement. The minimum OS requirement is Android 4.1.2 or later.

The Not4 10'' has enough RAM, but is it updated to the latest OS it can go? I would look at some of the tablets that didn't work and see if they meet both requirements above. Let me know if this helps.
2016-12-28
Use props
giusPhantom
lvl.1
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-28 16:15
Based on the spec of the tablet you mentioned, you would need something with more RAM. 2GB of ram is the minimum requirement. The minimum OS requirement is Android 4.1.2 or later.

The Not4 10'' has enough RAM, but is it updated to the latest OS it can go? I would look at some of the tablets that didn't work and see if they meet both requirements above. Let me know if this helps.

Hi Jamie, thank you again.
I'm sorry for my english and sorry for what I think.
I'm a developer in many os (windows, android, linux, z80, ATMEL, PIC ...) and some language as assembler, c, c++, java.
For this I think required 2GB of ram is a suicide. I don't read this on DJI app as requirement. Example Samsung TAB3 (disney) with 1gb ram, used before upgrade firmware and app until 6 month ago, worked very fine before upgrade. Now it (TAB3) show video but is very slow.
Tab note 4G (N8200) has 2GB and android 4.4.2 but don't works.
I think your app has some bug (thee tablet three different trouble) about video management.
Five minutes ago I purchased one lenovo TB3-730X (quad core 1GB, ram 2GB, 16GB rom, android 5) for try in a last time, if it will don't works i will write this information on all my Amazon review (I'm in first 500 group) about phantom 3 products.
PS: have you an idea how to downgrade from firmware1.10.90?

Thank you and happy new year  

2016-12-29
Use props
giusPhantom
lvl.1
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-28 16:15

Tock-Tock...are you alive?
Ps: Now I tested 6 different tablet/smartphone
Samsung TAB3 disney (800 Mb RAM)
Samsung TAB note 4G (2GB Ram)
HuaWei mediapad  T1-701U (1GB ram)
Lenovo TB3-710I (1GB Ram)
Lenovo TB-3-730X (2GB Ram)
Samsung Galaxy S5
with different android os version 4.4.2, 5.1, 6.0,6.0.1,
and used 3 dji app versions, 2.4.1, 2.4.2 and 3.1.1
and my opinion is 3.1.1 has several importat bugs on video management (it works only  on two devices) and if it works is more slower than 2.4.2 (2.4.2 works on 800 MB ram too).
2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules