Crashed phantom3, still fly but dead gimbal
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zart
New

Singapore

Received a crashed phantom 3 pro from someone. Cleaned, detach and reattach all cables. phantom able to fly as per normal, no gps issues or whatsoever.

firstly, aircraft able to switch on and warm up. the gimbal will do the usual initilization 'dance'. after a few seconds, the camera died, limp.
problem is, i don't receive any video feed, can't control camera and go into camera menu settings in djigo app. but when i move the camera manually, im able to see the camera tilting from the app.

the next thing i thought i would reflash the firmware and recalibrate. to my surprise, i realise whenever i switch on, there is no blinking green light on the camera status indicator. i insert several sd cards, none of them will read. i reformat using pc and mac, msdos fat format, unzip and copy the .bin file several times and the aircraft wont just update firmware. i tried to look for hidden log file, nothing available. i tried to format using the app, but the app stated 0mb, and i have no other way to format the card thru the app. gimbal status in app shows 'normal'. very weird.

is there any way to rectify this problem? other than send for repair? i can't bear for long turnaround servicing.

2016-12-13
Use props
zart
New

Singapore

seems there is no solution
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The go-to for most customers that attempt a gimbal repair is replacing the ribbon cable. If each motor on the gimbal seems to spin without friction, you may be able to avoid that. Can you see any damage to any of the cables? That may be the cheapest way to start with this project.

2016-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules