downgrade P3S coz LOST SIGNAL at low distance
1220 12 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harry0112
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167651 ft

Peru

please. who knows how downgrade a phantom 3 sta from 1.7.9 to 1.5.7. or maybe hard reset the aricraft. i have 3 months with this issue. i try to fly my drone and it loses signal to 60 hight and 200 meters away. i have done everything they told me. relink, fly in different places, try to move antenna, calibrate compass, etc etc. i sent it to technical service in my country,(there are not DJI OFFCIAL here) they changed antennas of drone. but all is same.

i dont know , i hope not coz DJI a Is a very prestigious company if this is real but i have read that I was making changes throughout of the firmware for to limit range making so short, so we will buy a mavic, p4 or p4 PRO
2016-12-13
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

I don't think it's the FW, nothing wrong with 1.7.9. If you had this issue for 3 months and 1.7.9 hasn't been out that long, don't think it's the FW causing the problem. Since your in a CE mode area if your flying in a high interference area 200m sounds about right. There only rated at 500m in ideal condition.
2016-12-13
Use props
Ciro Italy
lvl.3

Italy

put a windsurfer on your rc and search "papatita" to mod it
2016-12-14
Use props
harry0112
lvl.2

Peru

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-13 18:49
I don't think it's the FW, nothing wrong with 1.7.9. If you had this issue for 3 months and 1.7.9 hasn't been out that long, don't think it's the FW causing the problem. Since your in a CE mode area if your flying in a high interference area 200m sounds about right. There only rated at 500m in ideal condition.

i have flew in the sema places where i got 850meters away. i tried 5 locationsbut nothing.
2016-12-14
Use props
keeponrollin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 250367 ft

Bulgaria

did you find a way to go back to 1.5.7 I have the same problem with 1.7.9-40m alt 80-100m distance....
2016-12-27
Use props
taddtorborg
lvl.1
United States

I have issue with mine at point blank range.  Question, Should I get a green light on my remote controller when the DJI GO app says RC Signal Lost ?  I thought the light was supposed to go RED if the signal was lost.  Does conflicting messages mean there is a hardware problem?  
2016-12-27
Use props
Abe_Peters
New

Mexico

Have this issues too, some help?
2016-12-27
Use props
taddtorborg
lvl.1
United States

Abe_Peters Posted at 2016-12-27 22:37
Have this issues too, some help?

I have not heard from anybody with a good answer to this but I'm starting to think that the DJI GO application will complain about RC contact lost when the local WIFI space is busy.  I had this problem and just by moving the system outside it seemed to clear up.  
That the manual indicates a different thing altogether or is completely unclear is definitely a DJI problem, in my mind.  

That said, if you have getting the RC Lost Signal on the phone app and the green light is still lit on the Remote Controller, and if you are near other WIFI devices, try moving away from those devices and see if the problem goes away?  Please report back.
2016-12-29
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Thailand

I would like to also know how you go back from 1,7.9 to 1.5.8 for same reason I understand DJI have blocked going back once you have 1.7.9 and you have to wait for them to fix the software whenever that may be !
2016-12-29
Use props
jesbarbz
New

Australia

taddtorborg Posted at 2016-12-29 16:40
I have not heard from anybody with a good answer to this but I'm starting to think that the DJI GO application will complain about RC contact lost when the local WIFI space is busy.  I had this problem and just by moving the system outside it seemed to clear up.  
That the manual indicates a different thing altogether or is completely unclear is definitely a DJI problem, in my mind.  

My P3 standard does the same in WIFI and non WIFI areas, can't get it over 100 meters high. loses RC signal and returns home.
2016-12-30
Use props
taddtorborg
lvl.1
United States

jesbarbz Posted at 2016-12-30 03:19
My P3 standard does the same in WIFI and non WIFI areas, can't get it over 100 meters high. loses RC signal and returns home.

I think that the higher I go the more WIFI signals the drone is hearing.  I live in a heavily wooded 50 year old housing development in Raleigh NC USA.  I know the drone complains about interference when it is near a house with WIFI even if the remote controller is no where near the WIFI.  I fly the drone from the street and drop it into my back yard near the house and then it complains.  I turned off all of the WIFI in the house and that stopped.  Now I went into my back yard and started the drone there.  No problem until I got to a few hundred feet.  Now it complains about interference again.  I think the problem is that it is now far enough over the trees that it is line of site with many houses again.  So far all of my flying has been in my housing development where everybody has a Cablemodem which by default has two built in WIFI stations, 2.5 and 5.6Ghz.  Several of my neighbors use WIFI only to go from TV, DVD player, cellphone and computers to the cablemodem.  Everything is set to max power by default.  

I am going to take it on the road this weekend if the weather is good and try it in a park.  
2017-1-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

taddtorborg Posted at 2017-1-2 19:19
I think that the higher I go the more WIFI signals the drone is hearing.  I live in a heavily wooded 50 year old housing development in Raleigh NC USA.  I know the drone complains about interference when it is near a house with WIFI even if the remote controller is no where near the WIFI.  I fly the drone from the street and drop it into my back yard near the house and then it complains.  I turned off all of the WIFI in the house and that stopped.  Now I went into my back yard and started the drone there.  No problem until I got to a few hundred feet.  Now it complains about interference again.  I think the problem is that it is now far enough over the trees that it is line of site with many houses again.  So far all of my flying has been in my housing development where everybody has a Cablemodem which by default has two built in WIFI stations, 2.5 and 5.6Ghz.  Several of my neighbors use WIFI only to go from TV, DVD player, cellphone and computers to the cablemodem.  Everything is set to max power by default.  

I am going to take it on the road this weekend if the weather is good and try it in a park.

It's worse than that, almost all unregulated and non-licenced radio devices these days use the same frequencies our aircraft are on, everything from garage door remotes to baby monitors and cordless phones. This is why the P3 Standard is hopeless in urban situations.
2017-1-2
Use props
harry0112
lvl.2

Peru

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-2 19:23
It's worse than that, almost all unregulated and non-licenced radio devices these days use the same frequencies our aircraft are on, everything from garage door remotes to baby monitors and cordless phones. This is why the P3 Standard is hopeless in urban situations.

i have tried everything and nothing work. i just shipped it to technical service and they told they will change board. and that have a cost. 180 dollar almost a new phantom 3 stan
2017-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules