downgrade P3S coz LOST SIGNAL at LOW DISTANCE
884 13 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harry0112
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167651 ft

Peru

please. who knows how downgrade a phantom 3 sta from 1.7.9 to 1.5.7. or maybe hard reset the aricraft. i have 3 months with this issue. i try to fly my drone and it loses signal to 60 hight and 200 meters away. i have done everything they told me. relink, fly in different places, try to move antenna, calibrate compass, etc etc. i sent it to technical service in my country,(there are not DJI OFFCIAL here) they changed antennas of drone. but all is same.

i dont know , i hope not coz DJI a Is a very prestigious company if this is real but i have read that I was making changes throughout of the firmware for to limit range making so short, so we will buy a mavic, p4 or p4 PRO

2016-12-13
Use props
fans82a39c9b
lvl.1

Thailand

Hi, I have a P3P and had a similar problem after the last firmware update (v1.10.90) - my P3P would disconnect from the RC (remote control) when only a short distance away. I solved the problem by reliniking the RC to the aircraft.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Harry, so to hear about the issue.
There is no option to reset the aircraft. Since you have done all the basic troubleshooting, the best course would be send it in for further evaluation and get it fixed.
May I know when and where you bought it?
2016-12-14
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

I have exactly the same problem at only 140 metres away at a height of 60 metres in Australia. It's a real pain and puts you off flying. I won't go for another DJI if they don't fix this soon and I mean soon. You always get asked the same questions where were you flying, have you moved location, have you relinked and done all calibrations. Yes we have we have been flying a long time. When you tell DJI this they never comment back except to say send it in for repair. It's not broken it worked before 1.6.8 and 1,7.9 so it's your firmware DJI.
2016-12-14
Use props
harry0112
lvl.2

Peru

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2016-12-14 06:25
I have exactly the same problem at only 140 metres away at a height of 60 metres in Australia. It's a real pain and puts you off flying. I won't go for another DJI if they don't fix this soon and I mean soon. You always get asked the same questions where were you flying, have you moved location, have you relinked and done all calibrations. Yes we have we have been flying a long time. When you tell DJI this they never comment back except to say send it in for repair. It's not broken it worked before 1.6.8 and 1,7.9 so it's your firmware DJI.

yes they just say send it to technical service. i think they fixed a lot of drone like ours. so they know fix them now. we really want they tell us. maybe we can do it. or maybe as i read. they change board and change that , it is like change your drone. and it costs much.
2016-12-14
Use props
harry0112
lvl.2

Peru

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-14 04:26
Harry, so to hear about the issue.
There is no option to reset the aircraft. Since you have done all the basic troubleshooting, the best course would be send it in for further evaluation and get it fixed.
May I know when and where you bought it?

i bought in peru. SEGURIMAX PERU SAC. i sent it but they changed antennas but still. it doesnt cant to go at  70 meters upand 250 meters away. when i was with 1.5.4 i could to fly at 850 and i still had full signal
2016-12-14
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

Exactly it worked before these last few updates of software so it must be the new software, I don't believe it's the board and how are we in other countries suppose to send it back. DJI why can't you listen and sort this out, because I won't be spending this kind of money on another DJI drone that can only fly 200 metres.
2016-12-14
Use props
harry0112
lvl.2

Peru

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2016-12-14 14:53
Exactly it' worked before these last few updates of software so it must be the new software, I don't believe it's the board and how are we in other countries suppose to send it back. DJI why can't you listen and sort this out, because I won't be spending this kind of money on another DJI drone that can only fly 200 metres.

i saw here 2 people else. 1. dji changed his drone. and 2 dji just changed board. so i dont know what more is fail
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Harry, we feel so sorry for the issue and really understand how frustrated it must be.
Frankly speaking, the firmware is working and many customers do not have the issue after upgrading the firmware.
Since you have done the basic troubleshooting, we do suggest you to send it in, our engineer will take care of your case and help you handle it.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2016-12-14 19:25

We really understand how frustrated that must be and would like to try our best to help you.
The firmware will not cause the distance issue, to figure out where the problem exists, it would be best to send it in, our engineer will help you evaluate it, and do the test.
Really sorry that we could not help you solve it remotely.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2016-12-15 03:53
Exactly it worked before these last few updates of software so it must be the new software, I don't believe it's the board and how are we in other countries suppose to send it back. DJI why can't you listen and sort this out, because I won't be spending this kind of money on another DJI drone that can only fly 200 metres.

Thank you for the feedback, we concern much about every issue that happens on aircraft and would love to help you handle it, hope you have great experiences on flight.
We have the service center in AU, if you send in the AC and RC, our engineers will help you evaluate it and test the performance.
2016-12-15
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-15 19:02
Thank you for the feedback, we concern much about every issue that happens on aircraft and would love to help you handle it, hope you have great experiences on flight.
We have the service center in AU, if you send in the AC and RC, our engineers will help you evaluate it and test the performance.

Can you give me the address please for my records, but lets be honest here you said 1.6.8 did not have a RC losses signal issue and now you admit it did so why do you think 1.7.9 is ok when thousands are saying not. If the drone is faulty are you saying you have built thousands of drones with a fault. If so I think the newspapers and media need to hear about this. Also when anyone sends in a drone for repair you charge them. This is just not on and I am not sending my drone to you to be charged hundreds of dollars.....
2016-12-15
Use props
harry0112
lvl.2

Peru

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2016-12-15 03:30
Can you give me the address please for my records, but lets be honest here you said 1.6.8 did not have a RC losses signal issue and now you admit it did so why do you think 1.7.9 is ok when thousands are saying not. If the drone is faulty are you saying you have built thousands of drones with a fault. If so I think the newspapers and media need to hear about this. Also when anyone sends in a drone for repair you charge them. This is just not on and I am not sending my drone to you to be charged hundreds of dollars.....

done. i dont have warranty and. i will buy a new board. coz it was wrong.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2016-12-15 16:30

We really know how frustrated that must be and want to help you locate the problem.
After you send it in, our engineers will evaluate it firstly to check where the problem exists then get it fixed.
If it's a product faulty and it's in accord with our after-sales policy and under the warranty period, it will be covered by the warranty, or it will be charged.
2016-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules