Rear arm on Mavic Pro has a lot of play
1510 3 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scotth
lvl.1

United States

Just received my Mavic Pro after waiting almost 2 months and was bummed to find out that one of my rear arms has about 1/4 inch play when both opened and closed.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I've initiated an exchange with DJI but I'll have to wait even more since I have to send mine back (fly more and all) before they send me a new one.  Really sucks!!!  What ever happened to quality control?
Anyone else have this issue?

2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Scotth, I'm little confuse about the 1/4 inch play. Could you please provide some photo of this?
2016-12-23
Use props
Scotth
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-23 01:23
Hi Scotth, I'm little confuse about the 1/4 inch play. Could you please provide some photo of this?

Heres a link to a video that shows the play in one of the rear legs of the drone.  (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybx1rg ... ro%20Issue.MOV?dl=0)
I have not taken a look internally, nor will I due to possibly voiding the warranty, but it appears there is a spring mechanism in the pivot point that may be misalligned.

The good news is that DJI Support was quick to setting up a return.  The bad news is that it's Christmas time and I wont be able to enjoy it during my holiday.

2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Scotth Posted at 2016-12-23 23:49
Heres a link to a video that shows the play in one of the rear legs of the drone.  (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybx1rg ... ro%20Issue.MOV?dl=0)
I have not taken a look internally, nor will I due to possibly voiding the warranty, but it appears there is a spring mechanism in the pivot point that may be misalligned.

That does look like excessive play, sorry this has happened.
I'm sorry you have it you over the holiday.
2016-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules