First Flight! Observations
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Teamfour
lvl.2
Flight distance : 440988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Finally got time and good weather today to fly my Dreauxn for the first  time. The bird is a refurb from DroneNerds. I am using an Nvidia Shield  with 6.2 OS. I had updated the birds firmware to 10.1 because the screen  told me to. Then I read all the issues folks were having. My RC version  is 1.8 and the Go app was 3.1.

The Dreauxn flew flawessly. I am totally in awe of the capability of the  craft. Video transmission was perfect, although the glare on the screen  was medium despite a glare film. I have to check to see if I had the  brightness all the way up. [edit: it was at 50%] I took it up to 170 ft  and only 300 ft away just to check it out. Nothing daring for the first  flight. I used the auto takeoff on the first flight, and manual on the  second. First landing was manual, and the second RTH. The RTH did not  invoke a climb to the RTH altitude and then I realized I only invoked  RTH at an altitude of 10 feet - see I did read the manual.

I had the video quality set at 4k 30 fps. When I got home I was  disappointed to see that the video stuttered every second on both my  laptop and desktop. The video was smooth as silk on the tablet. Further  investigation shows that both my PCs lack the proper CODEC to render 4k.  That is easily fixed. I tested the camera again inside at 1080p and the  playback on the PC was perfect.

I also noticed that I had those stupid HERE maps in the Go app. So I  have already rolled back the app to 2.9.1 to get my google maps back.

Overall I am super pleased and can't wait to burn a few more batteries  through the Dreauxn. I have two more charged and a fourth on the way.                                                
2016-12-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Nice case you have got there, yes it is Awesome.  
Glad you are happy, and having good times.
That's what this is affirmed to be all about.

Supposedly. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

2016-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules