Constant Firmware updates
1583 8 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AIRRAGE
New

United States

Is it normal that I get firmware updates everyday and sometimes everytime I shutdown and fire back up? Seems excessive.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please help clarify your aircraft model and check the current firmware version on "About" page through APP.
What mobile device you are using? how about the APP version?
2016-12-27
Use props
AIRRAGE
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 12:16
Please help clarify your aircraft model and check the current firmware version on "About" page through APP.
What mobile device you are using? how about the APP version?

I have the P4 and I am using the iphone5 with the latest DJI GO app.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

AIRRAGE Posted at 2016-12-28 06:28
I have the P4 and I am using the iphone5 with the latest DJI GO app.

Please delete the APP and re-install it then check again.
Also you can change another mobile device to connect the aircraft if convenient.
If the message persists, please upload a screenshot of the firmware version on "About" page.
2016-12-29
Use props
fans40deff10
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153130 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I'm having the same issue!! Literally everyday there is another update and my drone won't fly without the update! Incredibly frustrating since I traveled across the world to fly my drone and everytime I want to put my drone in the air (after just completing a firmware update) I am hit with another update and i'm nowhere near wifi to do the update before my perfect sunset goes down!!!!!!!!
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans40deff10 Posted at 2017-11-2 03:10
I'm having the same issue!! Literally everyday there is another update and my drone won't fly without the update! Incredibly frustrating since I traveled across the world to fly my drone and everytime I want to put my drone in the air (after just completing a firmware update) I am hit with another update and i'm nowhere near wifi to do the update before my perfect sunset goes down!!!!!!!!

Which drone are you referring to? What is the current firmware version of the drone? Is it up to date?
2017-11-2
Use props
Briezway
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153130 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-2 03:26
Which drone are you referring to? What is the current firmware version of the drone? Is it up to date?

I have the Mavic Pro and the SPARK. Same issue with both. Just now I was adjusting the setting on my Mavic. My phone battery was low so I disconnected it to charge it up. When I reconnected it I had yet ANOTHER update to do!!! I swear I did this update already (GPS update). Jesus, really? If I had been out flying and stopped to charge my phone, I would've been screwed trying to capture any more footage because unless you update, your drone doesn't fly!
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Briezway Posted at 2017-11-2 06:14
I have the Mavic Pro and the SPARK. Same issue with both. Just now I was adjusting the setting on my Mavic. My phone battery was low so I disconnected it to charge it up. When I reconnected it I had yet ANOTHER update to do!!! I swear I did this update already (GPS update). Jesus, really? If I had been out flying and stopped to charge my phone, I would've been screwed trying to capture any more footage because unless you update, your drone doesn't fly!

Please refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, then reinstall the App, see if it helps. If it persists, please provide a screenshot of the error message and a screenshot of the "About" page.
2017-11-2
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Briezway Posted at 2017-11-2 06:14

What's a GPS update? Never heard of...
2017-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules