A2 Photogrammetry (PC Ground Station)
7610 19 2014-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david
New

United Kingdom

Hello All,
I had been hoping to use the photogrammetry tool included as part of the PC ground station with my A2, however I see in the manual that it is not supported in the A2, but it is supported with the WKM and NAZA flight controllers.

This seems very odd as the A2 is meant to be a flagship, fully featured product.  Now the manual that lists these features is old (2012) so I am wondering if it is perhaps outdated.

To A2 users:
Has anyone used the photogrammetry tool with the A2? Or perhaps has found a third party method?

To DJI staff:
If not supported, why not? Surely the A2 hardware has the capability to support photogrammetry??

Thanks.
2014-10-5
Use props
DJI-DingC
lvl.2

China

Photogrammerty feature is going to be supported in the next update of A2 firmware.
2014-10-9
Use props
ant.lagarde
lvl.1

France

Thanks for your answer, when is that update due?
Also, how will we setup camera triggering when it works?

Thank you
2014-10-9
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

China

right now, the next firmware is under testing, so it will take some time, please keep an eye on our official website, appreciate!
2014-10-9
Use props
craig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2913648 ft
United States

Thanks@DJI–Cathy, you guys are awesome.
2014-10-10
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Can anyone from DJI recomend what software to use to create multiple waypoints for a Phantom 2 for land photogrammetry purposes  I have a Mac computer.  Just trying tro avoid buying an iPad.  Also I will need probably about 100+ waypoints.
2014-10-26
Use props
cellarboy
lvl.1
Canada

GB44 Posted at 2014-10-26 22:18
Can anyone from DJI recomend what software to use to create multiple waypoints for a Phantom 2 for l ...

The phantom 2 only supports 16 waypoints in total.
2014-10-26
Use props
ant.lagarde
lvl.1

France

Any news on A2 availability for this ? Seems crazy naza can do this and A2 can't
2014-10-26
Use props
ant.lagarde
lvl.1

France

Any news on A2 availability for this ? Seems crazy naza can do this and A2 can't
2014-10-26
Use props
david
New

United Kingdom

For all those still waiting, the update has finally arrived to enable this functionality - but be warned it also imposes restrictions on flying near airports.
2014-11-7
Use props
ant.lagarde
lvl.1

France

Thanks for the heads up !
One question about it, if I wanted to use say my s900 for photogrammetry, how would I set up picture taking to trigger the zenmuse at every waypoint, do I have to put a servo wire between A2 F port to shutter on the zenmuse ?
2014-11-8
Use props
c.debeer
New

South Africa

When using a Z15 gimbal and a NEX5 camera with an A2 controller, where do I plug the IR shutter control of the Z15 into to allow for automatic shutter release by the mapping function when I take photographs for a phogrammetry project?
2014-11-10
Use props
diegobajo
New

Spain

Hi all,

I have a question referring to the GP Servo Action. What do the values "-1000 and 1000" exactly mean? Seconds? Meters?
And also have another question, how do I specify the drone to take a picture automatically? Or do I have to take the picture manually? Is that the "trigger" button?
2014-11-12
Use props
wmnegreiros
New

Brazil

Hi All,

I´m using A2 with photogrammetry tool. It trigger automatically. I plug A2 F2 port to Zenmuse Z15´s (Nex 7) Shutter port . But when I load data log of the iOSD Mark 2 with gps exporter, the txt is empty. Anybody know what the problem?
2015-1-3
Use props
rafaria
New

Portugal

wmnegreiros Posted at 2015-1-4 02:41
Hi All,

I´m using A2 with photogrammetry tool. It trigger automatically. I plug A2 F2 port to Zenm ...

Hi there,

Do you resolve your problem? What the frame do you use? S1000?
2015-4-14
Use props
G.Lazúen
lvl.2

Spain

wmnegreiros Posted at 2015-1-4 02:41
Hi All,

I´m using A2 with photogrammetry tool. It trigger automatically. I plug A2 F2 port to Zenm ...

Hi, this issue is being discussed in this forum section: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ;page=2&lang=en

Best Regards
2015-4-21
Use props
richardcazin
New

Russia

Hi All,

I am using a S900, with Gimbal Zenmuse GH4 , A2 controller with 2 Futaba commands, one for the S900 and one for the Gimbal. It works perfectly.

Today I want to use this kit for Photogrammetry. Data link was installed already, it works fine for standard waypoint mission but I don't know how to use Photogrammetry tool. I mean easy to set up the mission, but I don't know what to do in order to trig automatically the GH4 camera. Some post talks about the F channel of A2 controllers to be configured but this is not clear.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks and best regards

Richard Cazin
richardcazin@beyourdrone.com

2015-4-22
Use props
HMArnold.msn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

My system is S1000+/Lightbridge/IOSD MK II/900 mz Datalink/Zenmuse Z15

There is a 3 wire port on the side of the A2 labeled F2 that triggers on every GP Servo Action point on a PC Ground Station mission, assuming the A2 Assistant Gimbal option is turned off :

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7679

It appears to me that the A2 Gimbal option is something that will control a gimbal if you haven't got a Zenmuse or other gimbal control unit, but I have never seen any documentation on that.On my system, the Z15 controls the gimbal, so the A2 Gimbal capability is not used. Since the A2 Gimbal option uses the F2 servo, if the Gimbal Option is enabled, the PC Ground Station GP Servo Action points won't come out the F2 port and go to the camera.

For me, when I hook the 3 wire F2 port signal up to the "SHUT" port on the Zenmuse, every GP Servo Action point, shown as a green triangle during flight, corresponds to a camera image when I land.

I also set my GP Servo Setup in PC ground Station as normally -1000, then +1000 for one second at the action point

Don't give up - it does work

Email me if you need more help and I'll send screenshots of my individual setup pages.

HMArnold@msn.com
2015-4-25
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

First of all, the "shutter wire" (F2) needs to be connected to the A2 SHUT.
Then make sure, that "Action Mode" is not active in the GP Servo Action Config - close it.
After that, open F Channel Controller, activate F2 Channel and move the switch. By moving it, you can figure out the values for Natural Position (not triggered) and Action Step (triggered). These values need to be filled in in the GP Servo Action Config. Once the values are found, the F Channel Controller may be closed.
Then open the GP Servo Action Config again, fill in the values, activate Action Mode and that's it.
If all is set properly the camera should be triggered when clicking on "Trigger".

Best regards
2015-7-28
Use props
pbetancourt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2106670 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

I'm trying to trigger my camera with your recommendations but I have no luck yet.
I have Panasonic GH4 instead of Sony, in case this changes something.

I've wired A2 f2 port to "Shut" port on the z15 zenmuse
I've my "Gimbal Switch" OFF under Advanced tab of A2 software, to avoid overwrite commands of F2 port:
gimbal.jpg

I've this settings under GP servo action configuration on GS app:
Captura de pantalla 2015-11-26 a las 11.22.26 a.m..jpg

I've tried to both enable and disable F2 channel on F-channel controller
Captura de pantalla 2015-11-26 a las 11.22.13 a.m..jpg
I've tried the suggestion of uncheck the action mode of the GPservo action tab and then tried to move my RC switch to see the values, but switching does not make anything (well, it actually takes the picture on camera, but nothing is shown on the F-channel tab). So whn I try to trigger the camera from the software it does not work.

Any help appreciated
2015-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules