2017-1-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Really?
It's a P4 with two extra batteries, some flashy stickers and a bunch of accessories for $2550 reduced from $3900.
It doesn't do anything more than the P4 you get from DJI for $999 reduced from $1400.
It's for people that get distracted by flashy tat and are dazzled by accessories.
And compared to a P4pro for $1500 why would you pay this much for a P4?

2017-1-1
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-1 05:14
Really?
It's a P4 with two extra batteries, some flashy stickers and a bunch of accessories for $2550 reduced from $3900.
It doesn't do anything more than the P4 you get from DJI for $999 reduced from $1400.

I am guessing (s)he is (associated with) the seller.
{:4_181:}
2017-1-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It looks like you'd be spending $2549 for all the bling. You could buy a P4 for $999, and the $1550 left would buy a case ($229), filters ($99 for the 3), and an awful lot of batteries (7 @ $159), and you would still have $108 spare for a hood and some props etc.
2017-1-1
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

You know, If you look around you can find great combos online. me....got my P4 from Sure RC. (my wife did) P4 , 3 batteries, 2 micro chips.backpack, Lenz cleaning kit. lenz shade, Prop guards and more...$1299. Nothing that blings too much but I think I got everything I needed to start out.One bttery was DOA but I will see how hard it is to get another from Sure RC. Not a bad deal for a starter kit.  (:~)
2017-1-1
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

Oh they got plenty of cool light kits to put on a phantom like those like cubes and other stuff if worst comes to worst take a couple good flashlights to the landing gear that will give you really good a couple of 5000 lumen light up the whole sky
2017-1-1
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

I'm really surprised that dji don't sue the sht
out of them
2017-1-1
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-1 05:14
Really?

This not the standard P4, this uses firebridge as compared to Lightbridge which from what I have heard has much better range.
2017-1-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Get in line, I've Already been there and done that... ;-)

http://forum.dji.com/thread-74992-1-1.html

The handy forum search function is your friend. Chuckles

Next? Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-1
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-1 20:09
Get in line, I've Already been there and done that... ;-)

http://forum.dji.com/thread-74992-1-1.html

I had seen these on Amazon back in October when I first got my P4, had kind of wished I had waited to buy mine.
2017-1-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-1-1 20:02
This not the standard P4, this uses firebridge as compared to Lightbridge which from what I have heard has much better range.

It's just got an add on antenna system that is completely unnecessary for most users.
Lightbridge will already take your Phantom further than the battery can bring it home.

If you're dazzled by bling and don't care how much you spend, go ahead.
2017-1-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-1-1 20:02
It does not replace Lightbridge, the firebridge thing is a couple of dodgy antenna fang-dangles that wont do much for your system.

It is a pumped-up dazzle box designed to appeal to fools, and priced to suit. All they do is add a whole lot of useless rubbish.
2017-1-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-1-1 20:12
I had seen these on Amazon back in October when I first got my P4, had kind of wished I had waited to buy mine.

If you add the cost of the extras, to the original DJI phantom package, you don't really gain much advantage to anything.
I like the shell wrap, and a couple of other mentionables, but it's not a huge deal. More of a One Stop shop. Buy it and forget about it. ;-)
It doesn't use lightbridge, which isn't something "most of us" know any facts about.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-1
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-1 20:15
It's just got an add on antenna system that is completely unnecessary for most users.
Lightbridge will already take your Phantom further than the battery can bring it home.

Under perfect conditions you will run out of battery, but there are quite a few of us who can't get any further than a thousand feet or so without losing signal. I don't know much about firebridge so I don't know how much further it would get us. I was just pointing out that firebridge is supposed to have better range when someone had said this was the normal p4 with 2 extra batteries.
2017-1-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Buy it, and let us know how great it is? Thanks.

We Like to hear many happy endings. Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-1
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-1 20:28
Buy it, and let us know how great it is? Thanks.

We Like to hear many happy endings. Ha

For now I am going the cheaper route and buying some parabolic range extenders, hopefully I will have some luck with those.
2017-1-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-1-1 20:31
For now I am going the cheaper route and buying some parabolic range extenders, hopefully I will have some luck with those.

Exactly. Shop smart, and enjoy the long journey...

Those antenna extenders should suffice quite nicely.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-1
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3633799 ft
United States

Firebridge= standard DJI remote with two small WiFi boosters available on ebay for $20 and a little fan tucked into the remote, and a FPVLR antenna installed up front. There is nothing different with any of the radio or control programming. All aftermarket boosted antenna systems add range, nothing new there. The rest, as everyone has stated, is stickers and accessories which are all available to anyone willing to do a little web surfing. The only real neat part about this whole package is that the little boosters are powered by the RC battery and turn on-off with the stock switch. Others on these boards have figured out how to tap into the battery wires before they hit the RC board. Easy enough. I've not seen anyone else figure out how to do it so that it works with the switch though. As nice as that is, I'm not so sure it's worth the $1000 premium they charge for it.
2017-1-2
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-1 05:33
It looks like you'd be spending $2549 for all the bling. You could buy a P4 for $999, and the $1550 left would buy a case ($229), filters ($99 for the 3), and an awful lot of batteries (7 @ $159), and you would still have $108 spare for a hood and some props etc.

I do agree with what everyone is saying here but the kit does include a case, filters, carbon props, charger that charges three batteries at the same time,
car charger, prop guards and some other stuff that is not just bling. Just to balance the conversation a little. :-)

2017-1-2
Use props
mrkramer903
Banned
Flight distance : 18766 ft
Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-1-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mrkramer903 Posted at 2017-1-2 20:34
Thanks brother for showing the truth,there's a lot of xtras that come with it& on a whole is a big upgrade  on the standard  p-4,I payed $2300 for my p-4 & it's. Only $250 more  for the kit that has a lot of xtras that come with it my point n starting thisthread was why dji wasn't offering a better product to match the drone world's kit,,I'll remind the dudes who run this forum that the forum is used by people that have payed a lot for dji products have some respect  for our right to talk bout things with  out being  bullied by  you who run the forum -Mr geebax is offensive  in the way he speaks to people on herehe needs to pull his head in

Mr. Kramer, I don't have time to pander to fools, and I am very forthright, so you don't get pleasantries out of me, just the essentials. Go ahead and buy it. And I won't be pulling my head any time soon either.
2017-1-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks brother for showing the truth,there's a lot of xtras that come with it& on a whole is a big upgrade  on the standard  p-4,I payed $2300 for my p-4 & it's. Only $250 more  for the kit that has a lot of xtras that come with it my point n starting thisthread was why dji wasn't offering a better product to match the drone world's kit,,I'll remind the dudes who run this forum that the forum is used by people that have payed a lot for dji products have some respect  for our right to talk bout things with  out being  bullied by  you who run the forum -Mr geebax is offensive  in the way he speaks to people on herehe needs to pull his head in

"my point n starting this thread was why dji wasn't offering a better product to match the drone world's kit"

That would probably be because the bling box of accessories shown costs twice as much as DJI's product and really doesn't do much more for the money.
All the flashy stuff sounds great if you are new to drones but a bunch is unnecessary, won't do anything extra for you  and you're not going to use anyway.
DJI didn't see the need to appeal to the very small market segment that this would appeal to.

"have some respect  for our right to talk bout things without being bullied by you who run the forum"

I can't see where you've been bullied, you just have to get used to robust discussion and listening to alternative points of view.  
I can assure you that Mr Geebax is quite charming when you get to know him.
He really knows his stuff.  Just don't be bluffed by his blunt approach.
2017-1-2
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

Is Drone World to DJI like Brabus is to Mercedes-Benz  
2017-1-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I like my Nanuk 945 case much more, that the included one, within the Falcon drone kit.

Just my own preference, not to influence anyone else, whos choice is their own. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-1-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

freelanderuk Posted at 2017-1-2 23:17
Is Drone World to DJI like Brabus is to Mercedes-Benz

Yes ..... if Brabus charged twice as much for the original car and gave you some racing stripes, custom floormats, carbon fibre ashtrays, a nice baseball cap but left the engine and suspension in stock condition.

Exaggerating a bit because they do give a case and extra batteries.
2017-1-3
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

You'd think they'd at least throw in the HDMI module too for that kind of money.
2017-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-3 00:00
Yes ..... if Brabus charged twice as much for the original car and gave you some racing stripes, custom floormats, carbon fibre ashtrays, a nice baseball cap but left the engine and suspension in stock condition.

Exaggerating a bit because they do give a case and extra batteries.

Having a decent case, and extra flight battery packs are probably two of the most important components of a flight kit.

But it shouldn't cost you a premium to acquire them. ;-)
I had always wished DJI had included the hardshell backpack, with the Phantom 3 Pro.
Buying it was an extra expense, that I had thought was a lot at the time.
Yes, but well worth the extra money, once you start using it, and finding out just how well it works.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"I payed $2300 for my p-4 & it's. Only $250 more  for the kit that has a lot of xtras "

Presumably you paid 2300 Australian dollars for your P4 ?

All the prices I quoted were US Dollars as per the adverts on their Website, so it's not quite the bargain it seems. Looks to me like the confusion as to value is currency related.

US $2550 = AU $3542
2017-1-3
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-1 05:33

You missed the big ticket item, long range booster kit. There rather pricey.
2017-1-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-1-3 04:25
You missed the big ticket item, long range booster kit. There rather pricey.

Not at all, I just thought that 7 batteries would be of far greater value to most than a couple of fancy looking antenna. The point of my last post being that the OP thought he would have gotten all the extras above the cost of the P4 for $250.
2017-1-3
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

I'm proud of my P4, and this guy/gal is proud of this deal. Fly what you want. color it however you want and fly where you want.  Some folks buy high end car's and some don't   Lets see what you do with something like this.  range isn't J.S. if it desn't do something and with the Falcon or P4, you would have to be pretty high up on the mountain to use all that range and Dog help you if you have a headwind comming back
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules