Highly compressed video unusable iPhone 7 Plus
1202 7 2017-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tharmsen
lvl.1

United States

I bought a Osmo Mobile. Everything seems to work fine with the exception that the video files at 1080/60fps are highly compressed and are riddled with artifacts. I can't find any setting to turn off or even reduce the compression. When I pull the video into FCPX it's unusable as it looks like it was shot at 720 or worse.

I've seen beautiful video on YouTube from the Osmo and mobile version, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to why mine looks so horrible. If I use my internal camera to record video at 1080/60fps and not the Osmo app it's beautiful video, so it's definitely something the DJI application is doing.

Does anyone have some pro tips to get higher quality video out of my iPhone 7 Plus with the Osmo Mobile?
2017-1-1
Use props
DaveAus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100807 ft
New Zealand

Use Filmic Pro or native app. DJI app sucks balls.
2017-1-1
Use props
Tharmsen
lvl.1

United States

DaveAus Posted at 2017-1-1 21:37

Is this true of the Osmo (non-mobile version)? The apps compresses both the iPhone video and the Osmo 4k camera video or is the standard Osmo somehow better even though it uses the same app?  If that's the case, I'll just go with the GoPro solution. I really like the controls of the Osmo, but with the crappy audio of the Osmo and the horrid compression I'm seeing with the Mobile I don't know what else to do.
2017-1-1
Use props
yelenavik
lvl.2

United States

Tharmsen Posted at 2017-1-1 21:49
Is this true of the Osmo (non-mobile version)? The apps compresses both the iPhone video and the Osmo 4k camera video or is the standard Osmo somehow better even though it uses the same app?  If that's the case, I'll just go with the GoPro solution. I really like the controls of the Osmo, but with the crappy audio of the Osmo and the horrid compression I'm seeing with the Mobile I don't know what else to do.

go to itunes> apllication dji .open and will see 2  big files one of them 720p other for main 4k or 1080p
2017-1-2
Use props
Tharmsen
lvl.1

United States

yelenavik Posted at 2017-1-2 01:18
go to itunes> apllication dji .open and will see 2  big files one of them 720p other for main 4k or 1080p
Ok. Edited. This is what I found.
https://flic.kr/p/QPgid7

I don't see where the video files are stored. Do you know if I'm looking in the right location in iTunes? If so, what folder should I find the files in?

Thanks for all the help.
2017-1-3
Use props
yelenavik
lvl.2

United States

connect iphone to comp,open itunes,open iphone ,go to application,go down to files sharing find DJi application,open dji .right side many folders :folder video cashe is original in format mp4,other folder hg300 storage inside in format quick time ,so next go down will see save to> open folder where you want and waiting copy to comp where you save.both files in same compression 52 mbit/s same quality as iphone stock.
2017-1-3
Use props
Tharmsen
lvl.1

United States

yelenavik Posted at 2017-1-3 11:45
connect iphone to comp,open itunes,open iphone ,go to application,go down to files sharing find DJi application,open dji .right side many folders :folder video cashe is original in format mp4,other folder hg300 storage inside in format quick time ,so next go down will see save to> open folder where you want and waiting copy to comp where you save.both files in same compression 52 mbit/s same quality as iphone stock.

Got it! Thank you.
2017-1-4
Use props
rdvid
lvl.2

Netherlands

DaveAus Posted at 2017-1-1 21:37
does it do livestream?
2017-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules