Yaw Error?
2238 6 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Firecracker-P3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349091 ft
United States

Today after 1m 5.9s into my flight, I got a "yaw error", then the acft exited GPS mode.  Upon flying, It would not hover in 1 place, but oscilate in circles about 3' diameter...even while in GPS mode.  Ideas on what could cause this?

Here's a link to my flight info:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/JI7NFCF8EU0CE1ZZZROR/

Thanks!

2017-1-3
Use props
WigglyWally
lvl.1
United States

I looked through your flight log, nothing in it indicates anything wrong, one minute it was fine, the next it just started throwing errors and misbehaving. It looks like it is due to a faulty compass, I would recommend that you attempt flying it again, just be careful, don't go to high, and if it's all good then it was just a hopefully one time thing that happened randomly, if it isn't fixed then you should research how to install a new compass, which I know is very easy and cheap. Best of luck to you my fellow pilot!
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

What's your aircraft model? how long you've owned it?
Please calibrate IMU and compass, fly it in a suitable environment with P mode at a low altitude carefully then check again.
If still the same case, please sync your flight records through DJI GO APP, then send an e-mail to support@dji.com with your APP account e-mail address and the exact time it happened, our engineers will analyze the data for you.
2017-1-3
Use props
Firecracker-P3
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-3 22:51
What's your aircraft model? how long you've owned it?
Please calibrate IMU and compass, fly it in a suitable environment with P mode at a low altitude carefully then check again.
If still the same case, please sync your flight records through DJI GO APP, then send an e-mail to support@dji.com with your APP account e-mail address and the exact time it happened, our engineers will analyze the data for you.

P3S. Owned about a month. 35-36 flights

I'll try that and get back with you

Thanks
2017-1-4
Use props
Firecracker-P3
lvl.2
United States

Calibrated IMU and compass.  Got "compass error" at the end of my first flight today.  Synced via DJI Go app and emailed support@dji.com    Now, we wait ;)
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

The gimbal has some problem?
2017-1-4
Use props
T-Rex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 966148 ft
Italy

Firecracker-P3 Posted at 2017-1-4 14:50
Calibrated IMU and compass.  Got "compass error" at the end of my first flight today.  Synced via DJI Go app and emailed     Now, we wait ;)

HI

same thing happened to me this Sunday. How have you solved the problem?
Thanks.
2017-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules