Nightmare DJI Care experience
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8c480e9e
lvl.1

United States

Looking for someone... ANYONE from DJI to help me out here.
I got my P3P back from DJI 2 weeks ago after a RTH malfunction ran it into a tree -- I paid for the repairs, but after doing so thought it would be a good idea to add DJI Care to it.  Seems simple enough right?

I did some research and it looks like I have to upload a video and everything -- ok... but that is kind of a pain in the neck and DJI just sent me back the drone and they certified that it was up to par to return, so I should really just be able to pay the money and fly the thing, right?  So I called and got re-rounted to the DJI Care email address.  Took them 2 days to respond but then "Alice" says she needs my SN numbers, I respond... another 2 days, she sends me back the wrong SN numbers, I respond again... another 2 days... finally she says that I dont need to submit a video, just put my confirmed SN number in on the link she sends to DJI Care... annnnnd big surprise they say that the aircraft has been active for more than 48 hours -- no duh... that why I have been dealing with a representative.

4 days later and NO RESPONSE from them and I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next step.  Even if I call the support line they just tell me DJI care is run by a different department and I have to email that same link I've been hearing nothing back from.  What a joke.

I guess if anyone else has done it out there with the video submission, do you put in all your info, upload the Youtube video and then just wait for a response? How long did that take/ when does the payment take place for the care.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out -- DJI customer service needs some serious work.

2017-1-4
Use props
Ethanflux
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450190 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hear ya.  I sent my P4P+ in for exchange a month ago and still have not received an exchange.  Getting answers is like pulling teeth.
2017-1-4
Use props
TheCheat
lvl.1

United States

My P3A is currently on order.  I was debating whether or not to add DJI Care as well.  Posts like this make me think I should probably pass on it.
2017-1-4
Use props
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643 ft
Canada

It not just that but the dji care for phantom is very high too.  The drone if no problem its great but the firmware update and service is unacceptable.   They don't have simple process and it needs to exchange back and forth many email before you can even sent it in.  They should have a product register website where we can register our drone so all info was safe and when we need help just give out the serial number and log file only.  The waiting for respond is the worst part.  I had to return my p3p for refund as I try to deal with warranty repair and I find its not worth to deal with.  Also not all repair were turn out good so that scare me.  
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

It need to take a while
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I can understand how frustrating this must be.
Could you please provide me with the email address you used to contact us?
I'll help to escalate it for you.
2017-1-4
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

TheCheat Posted at 2017-1-4 11:50
My P3A is currently on order.  I was debating whether or not to add DJI Care as well.  Posts like this make me think I should probably pass on it.

Its good insurance... I definitely put it on my P4P.

For the P3A however its only about a 700.00 bird to begin with,  it might well be worth it to you.

Personally to me however...After you  buy the plan and then pay the refresh price cost and then wait for the turn around time (And having to deal with all the Hassle).

Id only be saving a couple hundred bucks in the end.... Id just order a new bird possibly an overnight if needed  (Then I would also have  the option to spend That money to buy into a newer model) if I chose too.

Just my 2 cents
2017-1-4
Use props
RoadmasterD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188527 ft
United States

I purchased the DJI Care with the new P4P+ and I hope I never get to use it!  By the way, did I need to do anything special to activate the coverage?
2017-1-4
Use props
vashon100
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1671864 ft
United States

AlaskanTides Posted at 2017-1-4 17:42
Its good insurance... I defiantly put it on my P4P.

For the P3A however its only about a 700.00 bird to begin with,  it might well be worth it to you.

How can someone be defiant buying insurance?
2017-1-4
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

vashon100 Posted at 2017-1-4 22:47
How can someone be defiant buying insurance?

I meant to say definitely..... My auto correct sometimes spells things how it wants too and not how I want it too. I fixed it
2017-1-4
Use props
Ipecactus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25489 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-4 17:29
I can understand how frustrating this must be.
Could you please provide me with the email address you used to contact us?
I'll help to escalate it for you.

I'm having some issues with service too. I imagine they are swamped with calls now because of the holidays. I got my P4P the week after christmas, hooked it up, registered it and then put it away for a few days because it was too cold to fly. THEN I find out I needed to purchase Care or Refresh, whatever it is within 48 hours of registering. I really wish there had been a flashing warning or something before registering letting me know a clock would start ticking after registration.

I put a ticket in and I've replied via email a few times and heard nothing. I'm going to the desert in less than a week and was going to start my flying training but now I may have to be grounded because I can't get my brand new machine insured. I'm really bummed.
2017-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ipecactus Posted at 2017-1-7 11:20
I'm having some issues with service too. I imagine they are swamped with calls now because of the holidays. I got my P4P the week after christmas, hooked it up, registered it and then put it away for a few days because it was too cold to fly. THEN I find out I needed to purchase Care or Refresh, whatever it is within 48 hours of registering. I really wish there had been a flashing warning or something before registering letting me know a clock would start ticking after registration.

I put a ticket in and I've replied via email a few times and heard nothing. I'm going to the desert in less than a week and was going to start my flying training but now I may have to be grounded because I can't get my brand new machine insured. I'm really bummed.

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
Could you please provide me with your ticket number?
I'll help to look into it.
2017-1-9
Use props
Ipecactus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25489 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-9 04:12
I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
Could you please provide me with your ticket number?
I'll help to look into it.

That's OK Mindy, I contacted service a little earlier today via chat and they are working on it.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ipecactus Posted at 2017-1-9 10:39
That's OK Mindy, I contacted service a little earlier today via chat and they are working on it.

Thank your for your update.
If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules