5073 70 2017-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Ringo Posted at 2017-2-3 20:33
I have the 15mm too, but it does not seem to have the same issue. I have a lumix G7 camera that I use the 25mm lens on too, but it is crystal clear on it.

I am hoping that it may be a software issue. I have thought about shipping the lens to my dealer to see if he experiences the same issue, but others I have spoke with do not have the auto-focus issues that I am experiencing.

And just to make sure I'm on the same page, you were able to calibrate the lens?
2017-2-3
Use props
Ringo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4559882 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep. Calibrated both the same way.

Ill try to do some testing tomorrow with the 25mm, and post results.
2017-2-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Ringo Posted at 2017-2-4 18:10
Yep. Calibrated both the same way.

Ill try to do some testing tomorrow with the 25mm, and post results.

Please keep me posted.
2017-2-6
Use props
Ringo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I sent it to my dealer to have it checked out. Thanks for the help. I will let you know the outcome.
2017-2-7
Use props
Ringo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Turns out that it is my lens. It only shows when the image is far away which is why it did not show up on my g7.

The guy I deal with tested it with his set of lenses which included a 45mm, and everything focused. I must have dropped it, and not realized that I did.

Thanks for the help and advice!
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Ringo Posted at 2017-2-14 19:23
Turns out that it is my lens. It only shows when the image is far away which is why it did not show up on my g7.

The guy I deal with tested it with his set of lenses which included a 45mm, and everything focused. I must have dropped it, and not realized that I did.

Could to hear you found the answer.
2017-2-15
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im also having the same focus misalignment on the left side on the DJI lens.
Should I contact DJI support straight away or there is some steps I can do myself to check it ?
Its visible on stills and video ( more noticeable in video )
Its not so bad as on the first vid. but right side is fine while left when compared its deffo not right

Cheers

2017-7-1
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Crio Posted at 2017-7-1 14:47
Im also having the same focus misalignment on the left side on the DJI lens.
Should I contact DJI support straight away or there is some steps I can do myself to check it ?
Its visible on stills and video ( more noticeable in video )

I would say to try and verify with another lens first before sending it out to DJI. one person thought he had an issue with his camera, ended up being his lens. after that, contact DJI and send it out.
2017-7-2
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I checked few settings today. I think its misalignment between lens and sensor.
Its unusable at 1.7, ease up through F-Stops when it disappear at F5
And this is only on the left, the right side is even through all F-numbers.
Lens test.jpg
2017-7-2
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its not even the corner... its the whole side ;)
Looks similar to your video but not as bad... Im assuming its misalignment, just dont know if the lens is responsible or the sensor placement ( or both ).
2017-7-2
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As an update... Just spoke with DJI support, sounds like my X5S have to go to DJI service for analysis.
2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Crio Posted at 2017-7-2 14:42
As an update... Just spoke with DJI support, sounds like my X5S have to go to DJI service for analysis.

We are so sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused. Would you please upload a few original pictures to us for further analysis? You can upload to Dropbox and post the link here.
2017-7-2
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-2 23:16
We are so sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused. Would you please upload a few original pictures to us for further analysis? You can upload to Dropbox and post the link here.

Hi Mindy, Thank you for a reply.
Im sharing a drop box files here. ( https://www.dropbox.com/sh/typn0 ... 8LEte6wDsJMx_a?dl=0 )
F1.7 ( DNG - DJI_0062, JPEG - DJI_0062 )
F1.7 CineDNG frame ( A014_C002_20170702_R00007 )
F5 ( DNG - DJI_0068, JPEG - DJI_0068 )

Cheers
2017-7-2
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can send a video as well, later on today, but I think stills are good enough to see the difference between F1.7 and F5.
It also doesn't matter if Im using manual or Autofocus
2017-7-3
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I also have this same problem on the left side of the image when I use the 25mm lens.

Apparently I bought the worst Inspire 2! Problems with vertical lines in the photo (http://forum.dji.com/thread-90154-1-1.html), problems with side blur (https://inspirepilots.com/thread ... -focus-issue.14708/), and problems activating licenses (http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=94138).
2017-7-3
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-2 23:16

Hi Mindy
Did anyone seen my files ? What should I do now ?
I contacted my local DJI service 2 days ago but didn't received anything from them as well. ( Except the automated message that they received my email )
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Crio Posted at 2017-7-4 01:09
Hi Mindy
Did anyone seen my files ? What should I do now ?
I contacted my local DJI service 2 days ago but didn't received anything from them as well. ( Except the automated message that they received my email )

We have checked the pictures you uploaded, there is no blurry issue as you mentioned. Large aperture  (small numbers) will decrease depth of field while small aperture (larger numbers) will give you larger depth of field. That's why  the blurry issue disappears at F5.
If there is something wrong, please get me corrected.
2017-7-4
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-4 02:37
We have checked the pictures you uploaded, there is no blurry issue as you mentioned. Large aperture  (small numbers) will decrease depth of field while small aperture (larger numbers) will give you larger depth of field. That's why  the blurry issue disappears at F5.

Hi Mindy
I have to disagree as this unfocused part of the image have nothing to do with shallow depth of field.
The left side of the sensor was never sharp, not like the right side that whatever the aperture was used is always in focus.
The shallow depth of field ( as you mentioned ) should be even on both sides, but it's clearly not in my case.
2017-7-4
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its clearly the same issue as Gybo102 had on his X5S, the reason its disappearing when the higher aperture is used ( like F5 ) is because there is a greater focus tolerance but its only masking the misalignment not fixing it.
At the moment any footage below F5 is unusable, doesn't matter if Im suing manual or autofocus, focusing close or far.
2017-7-4
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im losing faith in DJI.
I know their Customer Service don't have a good reputation but I dealt with them before and they resolved my Phantom 4 malfunction so quick and without any hustle...
Now when I have a genuine hardware issue that I'm unable to resolve I'm hitting the wall every time when I'm trying to get any help.
Its not a rant, I think DJI makes great equipment, but some malfunctions will happen, its normal. I just need to resolve an issue that I'm having with not cheap product that is brand new.

I just end a conversation with Customer Support online. I was asked if I tried to use my X5S without the lens and if this issue is still present. ( literally, this question was asked ).

I sent them my images, they saw and acknowledged that this is issue with the camera after few thing was discussed and I was given instructions to send it in for repair/replacement.
So thats the next thing I will do... but my confidence and feeling pumped and recommend DJI products is shrinking drastically
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Crio Posted at 2017-7-4 03:58
Im losing faith in DJI.
I know their Customer Service don't have a good reputation but I dealt with them before and they resolved my Phantom 4 malfunction so quick and without any hustle...
Now when I have a genuine hardware issue that I'm unable to resolve I'm hitting the wall every time when I'm trying to get any help.

I understand your frustration, is there a chance you make another test? We would be very grateful. Our engineer need to make further analysis.
1. Focus on the central point.
2. Open the ''Peak Focus Threshold'' on Camera Settings.
3. Provide the screenshot of image transmission interface, and the original picture as well.
4. Send us the pictures of different  aperture.
We appreciate your time very much and hope to get it sorted as soon as possible.
2017-7-5
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

You might want to go see if a local camera repair shop can set the parallelism up between the sensor than the bayonet mount.  They do this sort of stuff on a daily basis with an auto-collimator.

Basically, they put an optical flat glass on the bayonet and fire a light beam through it at the X5S sensor.  If the sensor is tilted, the light beam reflects to the side of where the light beam enters the optical flat as viewed in the auto-collimator's eyepiece.  They can then shim the bayonet (or sensor) so it aligned with the sensor and is nice and parallel.  It isn't much to shim and some better camera bodies have adjustment screws on or near the mount that adjusts it.

How much they charge for this is unknown.  The test is simple and very fast as the X5S sensor is uncovered.  The shimming might take some time as it's trial and error.  I'd wager they could probably do a better job than the factory tech under warranty too as they get rushed and warranty tech's don't get paid as much as independents generally whose name depends on their quality of work and they detest getting a redo (i.e. Work for free.).  Some independents I've known take a bit more pride in tightening up over factory tolerances too.

P.S. I've worked for the major camera outfits and factory trained by some so I do have some background knowledge here.  Wish I still had the old Japanese Pearl Pellicle Auto-Collimator at times too for this sort of stuff so I could see the factory tolerance and if it could be improved on which it likely can (None of this stuff is plu-perfect!).   It might cost you and it won't be free (maybe?), but you may end up talking to the guy who does the work and find out more info too.

Good luck!
2017-7-5
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-5 05:32
I understand your frustration, is there a chance you make another test? We would be very grateful. Our engineer need to make further analysis.
1. Focus on the central point.
2. Open the ''Peak Focus Threshold'' on Camera Settings.

Thank you Mindy for the reply.
I was advised by Support team yesterday to send it in to Service.
They helped me to raise a case and it was shipped today.
Im hoping they will be able to fix or replace the faulty one.
2017-7-5
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-7-5 07:18
You might want to go see if a local camera repair shop can set the parallelism up between the sensor than the bayonet mount.  They do this sort of stuff on a daily basis with an auto-collimator.

Basically, they put an optical flat glass on the bayonet and fire a light beam through it at the X5S sensor.  If the sensor is tilted, the light beam reflects to the side of where the light beam enters the optical flat as viewed in the auto-collimator's eyepiece.  They can then shim the bayonet (or sensor) so it aligned with the sensor and is nice and parallel.  It isn't much to shim and some better camera bodies have adjustment screws on or near the mount that adjusts it.

Yes, Im assuming that the service will do exactly what you're saying. They should collimate it properly or replace it for the one that has the parallelism at usable level. Im not the only one that has this issue.
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Crio Posted at 2017-7-5 11:34
Thank you Mindy for the reply.
I was advised by Support team yesterday to send it in to Service.
They helped me to raise a case and it was shipped today.

Could you please inform me the case number? We will take care it once it arrives.
2017-7-5
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-5 21:19
Could you please inform me the case number? We will take care it once it arrives.

Sure Mindy
CAS-764845-M2C8D9
Thank you
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Crio Posted at 2017-7-5 23:36
Sure Mindy
CAS-764845-M2C8D9
Thank you

Thank you. We will try our best to get it addressed as soon as possible.
2017-7-5
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just received few emails from DJI Service Team.
One regarding Damage Assessment and progress and another one with a quotation for repair.
The amount on this quotation is matching new X5S but its still says repair.
Is it mean it will be replaced or repaired?

Its just a query Maybe someone had similar scenario and could advise me on this.
2017-7-14
Use props
fansf7f1ef8e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-4 02:37

I´m sorry DJI is sending answers like this.
Depht of field should affect all the objects in the same plane. You can see clearly here that objects at the same distance in the backgroud are in acceptable focus even at 1.7 at the right end of the frame while in the opposite side they are clearly out of focus. Even at 1.7, a 25mm should focus from 20m to infinitum.
2017-8-4
Use props
fansf7f1ef8e
lvl.4
Argentina

Crio Posted at 2017-7-4 03:58
Im losing faith in DJI.

I just end a conversation with Customer Support online. I was asked if I tried to use my X5S without the lens and if this issue is still present. ( literally, this question was asked ).

Really!!!!!!??????????
2017-8-4
Use props
fansf7f1ef8e
lvl.4
Argentina

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-10 22:21
This is the only camera sensor case that we've come across thus far. We'll definitely keep an eye out for any other possible cases.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid897438
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules