sheep wrangling
762 6 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joephan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105043 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all just a quick video from on the Welsh mountains, there is no music as i could not find anything suitable

2017-1-8
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

I think it's called sheep worrying, careful the farmer doesn't shoot your drone (or your dog if you have one with you)

I was kind of expecting them to all run off the edge of a cliff
2017-1-10
Use props
Joephan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

no sheep were harmed in the making of this video   
2017-1-12
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Why were they running?   The first bit doesn't look like they were responding to the drone, the second bit does, but maybe there was a dog following the drone?

When I have flown over Welsh sheep they have taken just slightly more interest than your horses did, horses never take any interest.

However different breeds probably respond differently, unless you are the farmer you shouldn't disturb any animals enough that they run, especially at lambing time, and we already have some lambs about.  Our farmers are allowed to shoot dogs that worry sheep, I wouldn't be surprised if they treated drones the same way and then got a lot of support for their actions, including from the police/courts.
2017-1-12
Use props
Joephan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

no dog, farmer or lambs around !! and you are quite correct the first lot were on the move long before i got there  
2017-1-12
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Joephan Posted at 2017-1-12 13:38
no dog, farmer or lambs around !! and you are quite correct the first lot were on the move long before i got there

The farmer will be very disappointed to hear that none of his sheep will be having lambs this year!  They should all be pregnant ;)
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's a neat video, hopefully you're friends with the farmer so you didn't have to worry about Matt-and-Riley's warning.
2017-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules