P2V+ RAW white balance
1070 2 2015-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manny
lvl.1

Norway

I noticed a weird thing on my Phantom .dng-files and was hoping to get some input from you guys, wether it's just my model. I have a Vision 2 Plus v2, and take photos in DNG with the default settings, except for setting the format to .dng.

The white balance is set to a regular temperature (3500-8000), regular in snowy conditions anyhow. What I find odd is that the tint of the camera is very far out on the magenta side. Usually the tint varies from -10 to +10 in my cameras, but the files from the V2+ is over at +139, which is very extreme when the scale maxes out at +/-150.

I've shot in non-snowy conditions too, and find my tint around +125. The difference in tint seems to be +/- 20, which is normal, BUT it should be around the zero mark, not +130.

See this screencap from a photo I took the other day:

Other P2V+ owners, do you experience the same thing? It is not a very big problem, but it does point out that something is not exactly as it should, and could probably cause minor difficulties in post in special occasions.
Skjermbilde 2015-02-15 kl. 23.40.38.png
2015-2-15
Use props
manny
lvl.1

Norway

Noone else shooting RAW with their P2V+?
2015-2-16
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

i am not, rod might have some thoughts on this based upon other comments from him in prev threads
2015-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules