871 0 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eye Spy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 531467 ft
Mexico

HELP please.
Phantom 4 has worked flawlessly for 20 flights.
I took the P4 to Mexico, travelling 3500 Km or so, and so I recalibrated the compass.
While walking to a good recalibating (ie, no wires, rebar, nucular activity near me), I must have carried the P4 at an odd angle an I got a "Gimbal Exceeded Maximum" something. Now the gimbal is locked down vertically and does not move at all.

After reading a few forum "gimbal" posts, I thought I'd downgrade software, then upgrade it again. Well, surprise, surprise, it failed to downgrade, fails to upgrade. Gimbal still locked vertically.

Never crashed
No hard landings

Any thoughts??

Thanks

EDIT:
Weirdly, after charging the battery again and starting the P4, the camera snaps to level and horizantal position. Movingthe gimbal wheel lowers the camera but will not raise the camera. NOTE, one of my "C" keys snaps the camera to 90 degress, and again to 0 degress (as programmed)  when it snaps to 90, it makes  groaning sound....

UPDATE:
I think I've discovered the issue now.
I had connected to the P4 with  another iPhone 6 with DJI Go 4 app. - Not the same app as I use on my iPhone.
Somehow the "Gimbal Settings > Advanced > Configuration 1" settings became corrupted. I switched to Configuration 2, and the gimbal came to life again. Albiet with the default setttings...
I'm travelling right now and the Assistant 2 App doesn't want to work on my Macbook Air. I think a P4 downgrade/upgrade or a Refresh might help as well but I'm unable to do this...

All is (almost) well and I'm capturing some decent footage.

On a side note: I've seen some devasting fottage of a P4 taking off from a balcony and crashing after exiting the buiding. Is it advisable to take-off from inside a 30 story concrete room (ie, no GPS and poor compass readings) and fly about the area/return t0 balcony???
2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules