TX Stopped charging
590 9 2017-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
floridajustin
lvl.1
United States

Why would my new TX stop charging? I believe it may have beeped a few times (was in the other room) and when I checked on it, there were no charging indicator lights. I unplugged and plugged in again and it began charging like normal.

2017-1-11
Use props
floridajustin
lvl.1
United States

As a follow it, it continues to charge for 15 mintues or so and will stop charging. I then have to unplug and repeat again to get the indicator lights to show it's charging. Perhaps it's still charging even though the lights aren't flashing?
2017-1-11
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

floridajustin Posted at 2017-1-11 16:11
As a follow it, it continues to charge for 15 mintues or so and will stop charging. I then have to unplug and repeat again to get the indicator lights to show it's charging. Perhaps it's still charging even though the lights aren't flashing?

might it be fully charged at this point?

2017-1-11
Use props
floridajustin
lvl.1
United States

Kirk2579 Posted at 2017-1-11 16:15
might it be fully charged at this point?

Nope...it was at 65% when I took it for a maiden flight. It continues to charge but its finicky. It charged for 10 minutes a while ago, now it only did it for a minute. I'm checking now to see if it's charging even though the lights are showing.
2017-1-11
Use props
floridajustin
lvl.1
United States

Update, the TX is actually charging even though I'm not seeing any flashing lights. Is this normal?
2017-1-11
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

floridajustin Posted at 2017-1-11 17:25
Nope...it was at 65% when I took it for a maiden flight. It continues to charge but its finicky. It charged for 10 minutes a while ago, now it only did it for a minute. I'm checking now to see if it's charging even though the lights are showing.

Push the charger plug into the RC harder
It may not be inserted completely.

Mine will hesitate/stop at a point, but then I have to push past that point with a bit of effort

good luck and have fun flying
2017-1-11
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

agreed, the plug is a bit stubborn... which model r we talking?
I assume it's in off state while charging?
2017-1-11
Use props
floridajustin
lvl.1
United States

Yes, the TX is off, the plug is pushed well into the TX. It's funny, sometimes it'll light up the TX for a couple of minutes, other times it shuts off after a minute of charging. Not sure what's going on. The battery will continue to charge though.
2017-1-11
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

floridajustin Posted at 2017-1-11 18:40
Yes, the TX is off, the plug is pushed well into the TX. It's funny, sometimes it'll light up the TX for a couple of minutes, other times it shuts off after a minute of charging. Not sure what's going on. The battery will continue to charge though.

I am probably stating the obvious, but you are charging the rc and the battery separatley right? I made the mistake of putting them both on the charger at the same time and when the battery finished charging the transmitter lights went out. I disconnected and reconnected the transmitter and the lights then blinked until fully charged. The transmitter battery takes much longer to charge than the AC battery.
2017-1-11
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

P4P+ Posted at 2017-1-11 18:49
I am probably stating the obvious, but you are charging the rc and the battery separatley right? I made the mistake of putting them both on the charger at the same time and when the battery finished charging the transmitter lights went out. I disconnected and reconnected the transmitter and the lights then blinked until fully charged. The transmitter battery takes much longer to charge than the AC battery.

Also to note, the charger has to be plugged into the wall first, and then connect the aircraft battery or remote control. My first time charging I did the opposite and the battery lights blinked for 40 minutes without charging or without the charger getting warm.
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules