Gimbal motor overloaded
1209 17 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxence
lvl.1

France

After installing latest firmware on P4P, the gimbal started to go crazy, shaking excessively. And it simply won't stop ! The app says now the firmware is up to date, but the gimbal has simply gone beserk! What happened DJI? And most important how do I fix it now??? I must fly tomorrow. I thought about rebooting the drone. How do I do that?
2017-1-13
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

try going back and down grading to the previous firmware if it was fine before or contact dji support.
2017-1-13
Use props
rustygal
lvl.1
United States

My gimbal started acting strangely, constantly moving the camera up and down and I couldn't stop it. I sent the unit back, and DJI has had it for several days according to the UPS delivery notice, but it still is not in their  system...so your date to fly tomorrow might be on hold....mine is too...
2017-1-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please try to reset factory defaults and refresh the firmware again? Besides, please make a short video of the gimbal issue if convenient.
2017-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rustygal Posted at 2017-1-13 13:22
My gimbal started acting strangely, constantly moving the camera up and down and I couldn't stop it. I sent the unit back, and DJI has had it for several days according to the UPS delivery notice, but it still is not in their  system...so your date to fly tomorrow might be on hold....mine is too...

Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to look into it.
2017-1-14
Use props
Maxence
lvl.1

France

For now, I have downgraded the firmware to what it was before. What do you mean by "case" number? Serial number? No time to focus on this for the moment.
2017-1-16
Use props
rustygal
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-14 19:33

Yes please, if you could look into this. My case number is CAS-397149-M2L2R9. It was recorded on January 6th, and was received on January 11th.
2017-1-16
Use props
rustygal
lvl.1
United States

Yes, thank you.....CAS-397149-M2L2R9, dated January 6th.
2017-1-16
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

This is a known issue. Some cases a firmware downgrade will fix it and in my case DJI replaced my P4P.
2017-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rustygal Posted at 2017-1-16 15:58
Yes, thank you.....CAS-397149-M2L2R9, dated January 6th.

I'll help to escalate the case for you.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-1-17
Use props
Maxence
lvl.1

France

Please, can someone tell me what a case number is? And how to find it? Thank you
2017-1-17
Use props
rustygal
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-17 03:24
I'll help to escalate the case for you.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks for any help to speed up the repair and return of my P4P
2017-1-17
Use props
rustygal
lvl.1
United States

Maxence Posted at 2017-1-17 09:20
Please, can someone tell me what a case number is? And how to find it? Thank you

When you submit an online return of your product, they assign you a case number and send you via an email a preprinted UPS shipping label....

Hope that helps
2017-1-17
Use props
Maxence
lvl.1

France

Could you please try to reset factory defaults and refresh the firmware again? Besides, please make a short video of the gimbal issue if convenient.

Hello,
I am coming back to you regarding the "mad gimbal issue". (So far I solved the problem by downgrading the firmware). Here's a video of the gimbal behaviour with the latest firmware.
It simply never stops !
Mad gimbal video
2017-1-19
Use props
BlueMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73087 ft
Canada

Maxence Posted at 2017-1-17 09:20

the case number message was for the other use that already sent their's in, that wasn't for you
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Maxence Posted at 2017-1-19 08:10
Hello,
I am coming back to you regarding the "mad gimbal issue". (So far I solved the problem by downgrading the firmware). Here's a video of the gimbal behaviour with the latest firmware.
It simply never stops !

Sorry, I cannot access to the link.
Could you please upload it to dropbox or Wetransfer?
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Maxence Posted at 2017-1-19 08:10
Hello,
It simply never stops !

Sorry, I cannot access to the link.
Could you please upload it to dropbox or Wetransfer?
2017-1-20
Use props
Maxence
lvl.1

France

Here is link to we transfer https://we.tl/syAlNtODZs
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules