go4 battery drain android
1278 5 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
luke007
lvl.2
Switzerland

i have recently noticed that my battery is drained much faster. checking  the battery stats it shows dji go4 on 2nd place riggt after the  display. detailview confirms that go4 has been active. here cones the  fun part: i havent been flying for a week...

weird, i think, dl a  taskmanager. i run yhe tm a amongst others tasks, theres dji go4... so i  kill the task, i force stop it, but dji go4 appeaers on the task list  within 2 seconds...

so i would really like to know why go4 keeps running in tbe background constantly?
2017-1-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Because it is a busy thing, like all the DJI apps and is in constant conversation with a bunch of web sites, and none of this is disclosed to the customer. And yes, it should be.
2017-1-15
Use props
luke007
lvl.2
Switzerland

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-15 01:08
Because it is a busy thing, like all the DJI apps and is in constant conversation with a bunch of web sites, and none of this is disclosed to the customer. And yes, it should be.

thx for the info. since i need my phone for other things too, actually for other things more, i will have to uninstall go4 then. cant have my phone dying on me midday cause go4 burns the precious mAhs....
2017-1-15
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

That used to happen with my phone and I had to force stop it, but it never restarted after. Have you tried force stopping it manually I stead of using a task manager app?

The last GO4 update seems to have fixed the issue for me though.
2017-1-15
Use props
luke007
lvl.2
Switzerland

i force closed it, but it kept coming back......uninstalled
2017-1-15
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

With Android you should be able to disable GO4, instead of uninstall. Then re-enable prior to use. I used it last night to connect to Mavic and check a few settings. Closed all apps, then noticed my battery today was lower than usual, even after charging to full this morning. That's when I saw that Go4 had been responsible for 35% of the usage.....
2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules