Trying new things
1394 22 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Micro Pilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 491988 ft
United Kingdom

So, loving the Phantom 4 Pro and this being my first drone of any sort I am still learning. This is my second video made with it and I've tried to get that cinematic feel to the shot. This was shot in 4K H265. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

2017-1-17
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

very cool, spooky!
2017-1-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job, any history on the ship..
2017-1-17
Use props
Thermographer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSS_Duke_of_Lancaster_(1956)
2017-1-17
Use props
Micro Pilot
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-17 10:52
Good job, any history on the ship..

Cheers. Yeah loads. One of the most bazar sights and stories on the english coast. Check the link below:

2017-1-17
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Im no expert but for a 2nd attempt its looks pretty cool
2017-1-17
Use props
Micro Pilot
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yeah what i thought. Sad really when you read the story and how its left decaying.
2017-1-17
Use props
Thermographer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

Good video, kind of sad in a way.
2017-1-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Micro Pilot Posted at 2017-1-17 11:25
Cheers. Yeah loads. One of the most bazar sights and stories on the english coast. Check the link below:

Thanks for that, looks like it will be a sad end for the poor old vessel...
2017-1-17
Use props
PKPhantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275276 ft
United States

Very very nice footage. Pretty dang' good for a 'first flight' pilot. Just a couple of 'critic' pointers. Not a big deal though.
1) I''m sure you were trying to capture ALL angles of your subject with an intended purpose to fit the entire footage within the song. That's good. But then in some of the spectacular scenes, the shot was very fast. If you could have maintained entire footage the same speed as your first 5 seconds that would have beeen a lot better. To me, I would rather view half the footage but at more detail (slower speed) vs the entire video at a relatively faster speed.
2) Second critic, not really a big deal either. The way you introduced the ship wreckage was simply phenomenal. At first, I couldn't tell exactly if the wreckage was lost at sea or somewhere in an abandoned island. You kept the viewer in suspense up until you revealed the shot with the houses, cars and roads in the background. If you could have somehow ommited that shot, curiousity would have left a lot of people with questions. Just the same way a  Hollywood 'Mars' movie could be shot in the Nevada desert but the shot angles do not reveal background material like 'Las Vegas City' or the obvious Nevada LandScapes.

Again, job well done. I am anxious to see your second video.
-PK
2017-1-17
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

All this is missing is the popcorn and my lady groping me in the darkness.
2017-1-17
Use props
Micro Pilot
lvl.3
United Kingdom

PKPhantom Posted at 2017-1-17 12:23
Very very nice footage. Pretty dang' good for a 'first flight' pilot. Just a couple of 'critic' pointers. Not a big deal though.
1) I''m sure you were trying to capture ALL angles of your subject with an intended purpose to fit the entire footage within the song. That's good. But then in some of the spectacular scenes, the shot was very fast. If you could have maintained entire footage the same speed as your first 5 seconds that would have beeen a lot better. To me, I would rather view half the footage but at more detail (slower speed) vs the entire video at a relatively faster speed.
2) Second critic, not really a big deal either. The way you introduced the ship wreckage was simply phenomenal. At first, I couldn't tell exactly if the wreckage was lost at sea or somewhere in an abandoned island. You kept the viewer in suspense up until you revealed the shot with the houses, cars and roads in the background. If you could have somehow ommited that shot, curiousity would have left a lot of people with questions. Just the same way a  Hollywood 'Mars' movie could be shot in the Nevada desert but the shot angles do not reveal background material like 'Las Vegas City' or the obvious Nevada LandScapes.

Thanks. Really appreciate the constructive feedback.

Totally agree on the first point. Frustration of a laggy computer and editing made me rush and could have spent a bit more time on it. That said I didn't shoot the faster shots in double frame rate so couldn't slow them down unfortunately.

Yep, point 2.... I see what you mean. That could work leaving an element  of wonder. Next time ill see what subject i have and take that into consideration.

Thanks again.
2017-1-25
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Lair, pants on fire!  You are from Hollywood!  Very nice video sir!!
2017-1-25
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

This is a great video! the color and music set the tone perfectly! I think somethings that would take your videos to the next level is more intricate shots. You have some really awesome ones like at 2:25, 0:18, 1:35..etc. There are a bunch in here but one thing I'm trying to work on is creating more detailed and prepared shots. For example flying close by a large branch then exposing the whole tree. I think what I'm trying to say is instead of focusing on large scale most of the time I'm trying to get more detailed professional shots that have thought out composition. I'm not a professional but I hope this was somewhat helpful and not confusing... Great Video either way!   
2017-1-25
Use props
Hectorburns7626
New

United States

Awesome shooting!, I just picked up my Phantom 4 Pro from "BuiltDrones" in Jacksonville about a month ago, already getting my first few shots in, working perfectly so far, major step-up from the P4!
Still waiting on Mavic...
2017-1-25
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59892 ft
Lebanon

WOW!!!! Great job!!! Thanks for sharing
If I may ask, what settings did you use? SS, F-Stop, Color Settings, Resolution and FPS.
I really love the colors and mood!
2017-1-26
Use props
Micro Pilot
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JWC P4 P Posted at 2017-1-25 10:02
Lair, pants on fire!  You are from Hollywood!  Very nice video sir!!

Haha! Thanks appreciate it
2017-2-1
Use props
Micro Pilot
lvl.3
United Kingdom

BentonJoyce Posted at 2017-1-25 10:08
This is a great video! the color and music set the tone perfectly! I think somethings that would take your videos to the next level is more intricate shots. You have some really awesome ones like at 2:25, 0:18, 1:35..etc. There are a bunch in here but one thing I'm trying to work on is creating more detailed and prepared shots. For example flying close by a large branch then exposing the whole tree. I think what I'm trying to say is instead of focusing on large scale most of the time I'm trying to get more detailed professional shots that have thought out composition. I'm not a professional but I hope this was somewhat helpful and not confusing... Great Video either way!

Thanks. Yeah thats true. Something i am working on is to take time and visualise a little more. Too often i find the location and steam in and don't take the time to think about the shot.
2017-2-1
Use props
Micro Pilot
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hectorburns7626 Posted at 2017-1-25 14:14
Awesome shooting!, I just picked up my Phantom 4 Pro from "BuiltDrones" in Jacksonville about a month ago, already getting my first few shots in, working perfectly so far, major step-up from the P4!
Still waiting on Mavic...

Awesome. Look forward to seeing some stuff from you. Let me know when i=you get some stuff posted.
2017-2-1
Use props
Micro Pilot
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The-CROW Posted at 2017-1-26 06:36
WOW!!!! Great job!!! Thanks for sharing
If I may ask, what settings did you use? SS, F-Stop, Color Settings, Resolution and FPS.
I really love the colors and mood!

Thanks man. Mostly F11, Colour None, -1 -3 -1 and shot in H265 All shot in 30fps
2017-2-1
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

Congratulations !, very well done video !
2017-2-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That was swell. Good job.

The ship should be sunk, to create a new reef for fish and other water creatures which thrive well, with that sort of addition to their underwater environment.

Your video skill is really quite good, and will only continue to improve. Thanks for sharing... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-1
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59892 ft
Lebanon

Micro Pilot Posted at 2017-2-1 11:19
Thanks man. Mostly F11, Colour None, -1 -3 -1 and shot in H265 All shot in 30fps

Whoa! F11!!! So I guess it's safe to use that small aperture without sacrificing sharpness?
Great news and Thanks again!
2017-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules