Anxious...
1363 28 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OregonDude
lvl.1
United States

For those that purchased a refurbished P3S directly from DJI, how long between payment and DJI actually shipping the P3S?
Did the P3S ship from China and how long did shipping take?

Anxious newbie wanting to get my hands on this...
2017-1-17
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

My refurb arrived in 6 working days, shipped from Ca. Refurbs are not just repackaged units. They are shipped from various locations in the US. Yes, they are pre-owned but are extensively inspected, repaired, calibrated and flight tested probably better than the factory does. The only indication that mine was a refurb was the flight record still had the name given to it by the previous owner. It was fully upgraded, not even the smallest blemish to be found anywhere. Same 1 year warantee as a factory unit.  
* my refurb was a replacement for the one I returned for repair.
2017-1-17
Use props
Rob Weeks
lvl.2

United States

I ordered my P3 refurbished late Saturday night. It went out from DJI first thing Monday morning and tracking shows delivery tomorrow. I live in Texas and my shipment came from Atlanta Georgia. It said 7-10 business days but is looking more like 4. I'm anxious too.
2017-1-17
Use props
OregonDude
lvl.1
United States

Rob Weeks Posted at 2017-1-17 20:07
I ordered my P3 refurbished late Saturday night. It went out from DJI first thing Monday morning and tracking shows delivery tomorrow. I live in Texas and my shipment came from Atlanta Georgia. It said 7-10 business days but is looking more like 4. I'm anxious too.

I was under the impression that it was a quick turnaround from paying to having it shipped as it appears to be in your case. Paid for mine on the morning of the 14th and still has not shipped yet...
2017-1-17
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

OregonDude Posted at 2017-1-17 20:13
I was under the impression that it was a quick turnaround from paying to having it shipped as it appears to be in your case. Paid for mine on the morning of the 14th and still has not shipped yet...

Shipping has been kind of slow the past two weeks. I ordered an extra battery on the 4th and it is on back order. They asked if I wanted a refund but hey, it's winter and $104 for a new battery is well worth the wait.
2017-1-17
Use props
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.2

United States

OregonDude Posted at 2017-1-17 20:13

I'm sorry to hear that. My order shows out for delivery today. I made special plans to stay home so I can inspect it and sign for it like they requested. Ive been extremely anxious and cant stop jumping up to peek out the window every time I hear a car coming down the road. I totally understand your wanting to see it on its way. I wasn't so sure if I wanted to risk waiting a long time for a refurb from Dji, or If I would be better off buying one from best buy where I could get it right than and possibly return it if it has an issue. I took the gamble with ordering directly and so far so good. Keep us updated.
2017-1-18
Use props
OregonDude
lvl.1
United States

Rob Weeks 9 Posted at 2017-1-18 11:45
I'm sorry to hear that. My order shows out for delivery today. I made special plans to stay home so I can inspect it and sign for it like they requested. Ive been extremely anxious and cant stop jumping up to peek out the window every time I hear a car coming down the road. I totally understand your wanting to see it on its way. I wasn't so sure if I wanted to risk waiting a long time for a refurb from Dji, or If I would be better off buying one from best buy where I could get it right than and possibly return it if it has an issue. I took the gamble with ordering directly and so far so good. Keep us updated.

DJI just billed my credit card this morning. I am hoping this is an indication that my order is making its way through the process but I have heard of people having to wait over 4 weeks between billing and shipping...
2017-1-18
Use props
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.2

United States

I was reading on here earlier where someone said they ordered a drone that was in stock and showed 3-5 days but also ordered the lens filters that are on backorder. Apparently DJi is holding out on shipping the drone until they get more of the lens filters in so they can ship it all out at the same time. Did you order anything extra with it? I'm still waiting on the fed ex guy.
2017-1-18
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

I ordered and paid by PayPal for a refurb P3S on 7 January; my account is still in the Payment Success phase...  We have lots of snow and ice so guess waiting is worth the $100 I'll save,
2017-1-18
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

I'm thinking of buying the refurb p4.  Prob is wife gets the mail before me lol
2017-1-18
Use props
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.2

United States

My refurbished phantom 3 just showed up. Looks good. Its just like brand new accept already has red stickers on it. It came with the new stickers too. Whats really interesting is it came with an extra brand new set of props in the bag. I have a total of 4 Red and 4 silver props. Even the included items list only shows 4. I'm fairly happy about that. So far so good!
2017-1-18
Use props
OregonDude
lvl.1
United States

Rob Weeks 9 Posted at 2017-1-18 13:48
I was reading on here earlier where someone said they ordered a drone that was in stock and showed 3-5 days but also ordered the lens filters that are on backorder. Apparently DJi is holding out on shipping the drone until they get more of the lens filters in so they can ship it all out at the same time. Did you order anything extra with it? I'm still waiting on the fed ex guy.

Just the refurb P3S and 3 extra sets of props was all I ordered. Oregon has had a batch of bad weather (snow and ice) which might contribute to the delay of DJI not shipping. Seems like folks in better climates are getting faster shipping.
2017-1-18
Use props
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.2

United States

Any updates today Oregondude? I'm still not in the air. If you don't have a cord that's mini usb on both ends than Id recommend picking one up before you get the drone. I thought I was all ready to go today only to find that I cant hook my s6 active to the controller because the only cable included was mini usb on one end and large usb on the other. Both the controller and my phone have mini usb ports only.  I live very rural so just hopping in the car to go pick up this necessary cable is much easier said than done.
2017-1-19
Use props
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.2

United States

Rob Weeks 9 Posted at 2017-1-19 13:40
Any updates today Oregondude? I'm still not in the air. If you don't have a cord that's mini usb on both ends than Id recommend picking one up before you get the drone. I thought I was all ready to go today only to find that I cant hook my s6 active to the controller because the only cable included was mini usb on one end and large usb on the other. Both the controller and my phone have mini usb ports only.  I live very rural so just hopping in the car to go pick up this necessary cable is much easier said than done.

I take this back about the cable. Its not required for the p3. For some reason the instructions still say to hook up the cable but its not the P3 controller in the picture. Updating firmware failed on the first attempt but was successful the 2nd time around. I'm still not ready to fly yet. I need to learn more about the different operations of the s1 and s2 buttons before I feel comfortable taking off. This isn't my first drone either. I have 2 others that I learned to fly on. They both came with better instructions than this phantom did.
2017-1-19
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

hopefully you will both be in the air soon and enjoying how great these drones are! I previously owned a p3s
2017-1-19
Use props
OregonDude
lvl.1
United States

Still not shipped yet but have not hit the max time that DJI quotes , end of tomorrow will be 5 business days.
Hate to be so impatient but yet hard to understand why a billion dollar company like DJI takes so long to ship product...
2017-1-19
Use props
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.2

United States

I took my first flight today with the P3 and all I can say is wow! The responsiveness of the controls, the ease of use with the app, the beautiful video it takes. I really have to give it a 10. Ive been flying a U818a with wifi FPV for a month now that doesn't have gps along with a best buy protocol videodrone. The difference is like driving an old 90s model Nissan Sentra with a bad front end compared to a brand new Cadillac. The phantom 3 is nothing short of amazing. Hang in there oregondude. I can now tell you now that its very much worth It. If you haven't flown before maybe pick up a cheap drone from a box store to practice with before getting the phantom. My months of practice with cheaper crash proof drones seems to have really paid off when stepping up to a phantom. I have experienced any of the negatives that ive read about dji online so far. I hope yours shows up soon!
2017-1-20
Use props
OregonDude
lvl.1
United States

Rob Weeks 9 Posted at 2017-1-20 15:27
I took my first flight today with the P3 and all I can say is wow! The responsiveness of the controls, the ease of use with the app, the beautiful video it takes. I really have to give it a 10. Ive been flying a U818a with wifi FPV for a month now that doesn't have gps along with a best buy protocol videodrone. The difference is like driving an old 90s model Nissan Sentra with a bad front end compared to a brand new Cadillac. The phantom 3 is nothing short of amazing. Hang in there oregondude. I can now tell you now that its very much worth It. If you haven't flown before maybe pick up a cheap drone from a box store to practice with before getting the phantom. My months of practice with cheaper crash proof drones seems to have really paid off when stepping up to a phantom. I have experienced any of the negatives that ive read about dji online so far. I hope yours shows up soon!

I have been flying a RCLogger Eye One Extreme for a couple of years now and have rebuilt it a few times after some hard crashes. Moved on to a micro (105mm) quad with FPV which is totally fun and just got a Eachine E010 Mini Whoop to practice more.

Tomorrow will hit a full week with no update to my P3S order status since the day I placed the order
Sent an email to DJI sales a few days ago and no reply...
Did a online chat with the sales department and they could not tell me anything.
PM'ed Natalia the moderator here in hopes they can see what is taking so long to ship this order out.
Will wait another week in hopes some good news will come my way soon.
2017-1-20
Use props
Badbobstikibar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 620112 ft
United States

Mine took 30 days before it was delivered.
2017-1-20
Use props
OregonDude
lvl.1
United States

Badbobstikibar Posted at 2017-1-20 19:27
Mine took 30 days before it was delivered.

4 weeks, yikes!!! I do not feel so bad then...
2017-1-20
Use props
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.2

United States

Well? I'm anxious to hear whether you like the phantom 3 as much as I do? I guess we cant expect any shipping updates on a Sunday but at this point it would make me feel better knowing that your drone is on the way. I'm kinda wandering if its because one of the dji headquarters is located about 45 minutes from me and they know people who live in this area can easily go to their headquarters to complain. Just a thought. Also glad to hear you already have some flight time. I'm almost certain I would either have a pile of phantom parts or the thing would be sitting in the box intimidating me to much to actually fly it, had I not listed to some of the more experienced guys and learned to fly atti without headless mode first. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
2017-1-22
Use props
OregonDude
lvl.1
United States

Rob Weeks 9 Posted at 2017-1-22 15:20
Well? I'm anxious to hear whether you like the phantom 3 as much as I do? I guess we cant expect any shipping updates on a Sunday but at this point it would make me feel better knowing that your drone is on the way. I'm kinda wandering if its because one of the dji headquarters is located about 45 minutes from me and they know people who live in this area can easily go to their headquarters to complain. Just a thought. Also glad to hear you already have some flight time. I'm almost certain I would either have a pile of phantom parts or the thing would be sitting in the box intimidating me to much to actually fly it, had I not listed to some of the more experienced guys and learned to fly atti without headless mode first. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Even though I did not wait for the designated shipping time to expire (5-10 business days) I decided to cancel my refurbished P3S order with DJI and ordered a brand new P3S from Amazon last night for only $46 more and it has already shipped. Looking forward to being in the air soon!!!
2017-1-23
Use props
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.2

United States

OregonDude Posted at 2017-1-23 12:39
Even though I did not wait for the designated shipping time to expire (5-10 business days) I decided to cancel my refurbished P3S order with DJI and ordered a brand new P3S from Amazon last night for only $46 more and it has already shipped. Looking forward to being in the air soon!!!

I cant say that I would not have done the same exact thing.  Hopefully the new one will arrive in some record breaking time. I managed to get my first flight video uploaded to youtube. Its nothing real special but doesn't end in a crash! Check it out if you get bored. I spent all day yesterday getting it loaded. Please share yours too when available.
2017-1-23
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

OregonDude Posted at 2017-1-23 12:39

Excited for you!  Be sure to watch as many videos as possible and read the manual.
2017-1-23
Use props
OregonDude
lvl.1
United States

So what is the general consensus concerning the software and firmware versions for a newbie to use?
I am going to start off using an Asus Iconia One 7 (B1-730HD) tablet with Android 4.4

Based on what I have read on the various forums:
- DJI Go application rev 3.0.1 (Back rev version due to Google maps being better than the Here maps)
- P3S firmware package rev  1.7 (Too much noise about the recent 1.8 release to determine if it is truly broken)
2017-1-23
Use props
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.2

United States

OregonDude Posted at 2017-1-23 13:05
So what is the general consensus concerning the software and firmware versions for a newbie to use?
I am going to start off using an Asus Iconia One 7 (B1-730HD) tablet with Android 4.4

How did it turn out? Are you airborne?
2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Bfd300 Posted at 2017-1-18 15:15
I'm thinking of buying the refurb p4.  Prob is wife gets the mail before me lol

Hahaha, that's the married life eh? You need a post office box for those secret orders.

Atleast when her fresh Valentine flowers and sweet delight candy get delivered, she will be the first to know... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-10
Use props
RockinCR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453 ft
United States

Congrats to everyone on the quick shipping. I placed my order with DJI 38 days ago for a Phantom 3 Standard and it's still in the "shipping pending" status. Vague responses from DJI with no explanation of the delay. This is my first drone and I was hoping to be airborne by now...
2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Rob Weeks 9 Posted at 2017-1-18 15:53
My refurbished phantom 3 just showed up. Looks good. Its just like brand new accept already has red stickers on it. It came with the new stickers too. Whats really interesting is it came with an extra brand new set of props in the bag. I have a total of 4 Red and 4 silver props. Even the included items list only shows 4. I'm fairly happy about that. So far so good!

Happy here, If you're happy there. ;-)

Extra props are nice to have, particularly for any new drone pilots.

Have yourself a great adventure.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules