6528 27 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
orlandotommy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 638212 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is getting VERY annoying.  I do IMU calibrations and gimbal calibrations and get no errors, doing them on perfectly flat surfaces, again no errors ever.  Before i launch the horizon looks fine lined up with the grid lines.  When i get in the air usually the horizon it tilted pretty bad to the right or left, i can fix with the gimbal roll adjustment but a few minutes later its tilted again and setting gimbal roll back to 0.0 fixes it.
Any ideas about how to fix or should i just send it to DJI, i feel as if they wont fix it though and ill end up wasting a month waiting.
2017-1-18
Use props
SkyGarage
lvl.1

Germany

Everyone has this issue... Was also there with the P4 at the beginning.. they fixed it after some updates
2017-1-18
Use props
SHIPARCH
lvl.1
United States

I have this issue as well and my P3 also suffers from it. From what I've seen everyone has the same issue. To me it doesn't always happen, only when the drone rotates. If I rotate it again it levels off.

It is annoying so I hope DJI fixes it in a firmware update.

You can clearly see it in the image attached.
DJI_0039.JPG
2017-1-18
Use props
Visalia Califor
lvl.2
United States

SHIPARCH Posted at 2017-1-18 08:51
I have this issue as well and my P3 also suffers from it. From what I've seen everyone has the same issue. To me it doesn't always happen, only when the drone rotates. If I rotate it again it levels off.

It is annoying so I hope DJI fixes it in a firmware update.

I think Frank Wang is an old 1960's Batman fan and wants to see everyone's horizon tilted.
2017-1-18
Use props
orlandotommy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 638212 ft
  • >>>
United States

SkyGarage Posted at 2017-1-18 06:02
Everyone has this issue... Was also there with the P4 at the beginning.. they fixed it after some updates

I dont think everyone has this issue, my P4 doesnt have this issue at all, just my P4 Pro... hopefully it gets fixed.
2017-1-18
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

My P4 originally had some minor horizon tilt issues but a firmware update resolved that. My first P4P had multiple horizon issues like you described. I had to send it in for a different gimbal issue and the replacement also has the same issue. I'm hoping that a firmware update can address this as it did with the P4.
2017-1-18
Use props
sshorty
lvl.2

Australia

Common throughout all Phantoms.
Get the photo in Lightroom, and do an auto horizon tilt, or manual if the auto doesnt do a good enough job..
2017-1-18
Use props
marksy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42792 ft
Australia

Yep I have this issue, and its still there after the firmware update just recently.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please try to calibrate IMU in a very level surface, then calibrate gimbal and adjust it.
Also you can upload several original pictures directly from SD card to Dropbox and provide us the link, we'll help you check it.
2017-1-19
Use props
fans7d4c3e61
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11827 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Same issue here. Horizon changes randomly while flying and when taking a picture. Amazing drone but that's annoying at the moment. Glad I kept my P4 for work because at the moment, that limits the P4P a lot.
2017-1-25
Use props
BendRealEstate
lvl.2

United States

My P3 4K never had an issue, but my P4P was pretty bad for video.  The horizon was shifting, dipping, tilting and the rest so I went through DJI Support and sent it back for the Camera Main Board replaced under warranty.  Hopefully that solves it.  I'll follow up when it arrives.
2017-1-25
Use props
robert.outbackd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1360433 ft
Australia

sshorty Posted at 2017-1-18 13:51
Common throughout all Phantoms.
Get the photo in Lightroom, and do an auto horizon tilt, or manual if the auto doesnt do a good enough job..

What about video correction?
2017-4-9
Use props
punkie
lvl.3
Australia

same issue here, doesn't seem so bad on tripod mode, but any movements on pitch roll or yaw performed with any speed are producing horizon drift. It seems to be worse on the latest firmware than the one released in late December which I used for a long time. Only just 'upgraded' the firmware recently which is when I really started to notice it. Have Done an IMU and Gimbal calibration, seems to fix it until it starts flying... Come on Dji this is your flagship phantom.. you need to fix up the firmware
2017-4-19
Use props
punkie
lvl.3
Australia

how about getting your existing products working before you release new ones?

2017-4-19
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

I've tested the P4 horizon issue and it appears to be linked to the compass.
If compass goes out slightly or you rotate to quickly that's when mine gets tilted.

You can confirm this by moving P4 close to a magnetic field the gimbal will move.
2017-4-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-4-19 15:59
I've tested the P4 horizon issue and it appears to be linked to the compass.
If compass goes out slightly or you rotate to quickly that's when mine gets tilted.

Interesting observation - the IMU sensor output definitely guides the off-set of the gimbal angle, but I wouldn't have imagined the compass. Perhaps thats how it knows how to adjust it's X axis?

Regardless, my P4P is better after the latest update (which was supposed to incorporate 'gimbal optimisation'). So I'm not seeing a worsening of the horizon levelling, as someone reported here earlier, and I imagine that this optimisation will be released in the upcoming P4 firmware release (when it's finally released...).
2017-4-19
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

If it finally released. We've been waiting since forever. {:4_142:}
2017-4-19
Use props
HiTechRob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14065 ft
United States

Hmmm.  I have a P4P+ (new is Feb 2017) and I do not seem to have this issue.
2017-4-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-4-19 18:01
If it finally released. We've been waiting since forever.

I've told you a MILLION times - don't exaggerate. (haha) Not forever, but 3 months since Beta testing anyway.
Hey Stephen, I'm of mixed minds about this myself. Sure, DJI's ongoing insistence to keep delaying the new P4 firmware release is poor-form and frustrating, but I'm confident that it Will be released - eventually. In the meantime, the more fixes and improvements developed for their other craft, the more stable the P4 release should be. However, at some stage they need to stop making changes in individual hardware controller modules and ensure it all works together prior to release - this should be what DJI are doing now.
2017-4-19
Use props
djiuser_GdzJ403
New

United States

Several months and firmware updates later, a warranty return and I am still getting the same problem. I have also meticulously leveled a surface and performed all calibrations.
2017-10-31
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

djiuser_GdzJ403 Posted at 2017-10-31 03:19
Several months and firmware updates later, a warranty return and I am still getting the same problem. I have also meticulously leveled a surface and performed all calibrations.

I totally agree that can be very frustrating.

Were you able to remove the horizon tilt with video editing software? (I realize you shouldn't have to do this, but wondered if it was an effective fix.)
2017-11-2
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3684 ft
United Kingdom

FIXED as of firmware 1.05.0600 it is 1000% times better... you can throw the drone around and the horizon is more solid than even the Mavic now. WOW... The drone flies better now too with yaws being smoother... its a great improvement and I refused to use this drone for a year because I just thought it was baaaad. Now its on par with the mavic for flight stability and controlability and has a better camera... so im going to use it more. Phew

I want then to remove the 500iso DLOG and then we will have a great platform for cinema log colour... I dont like having to noise clean in post with 500iso... yuk.

2018-6-6
Use props
andix
lvl.1

Italy

Had the same issue. Tilted horizon on the DJI4Pro.
2018-9-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

andix Posted at 2018-9-6 13:26
Had the same issue. Tilted horizon on the DJI4Pro.

Yeah, why not start your own thread?

Have you already done an IMU and gimbal calibration?

RedHotPoker
2018-9-6
Use props
Force Aerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11286 ft
United States

Is this the issue you are having?
2019-5-3
Use props
timd14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 403816 ft
United States

That's exactly what I began to experience with my P4 Advanced. Any solutions?
2019-7-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

This happens to me too, but I've noticed it's not one side dependent.  It depends on how you were flying, how the wind is, etc.  I've noticed if I do nothing, it stabilizes itself gradually.
2019-7-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

wow, that's like the problems I have times 15x
2019-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now