Selecting a portable power supply to charge batteries
830 4 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
penguinhomey
lvl.1

United States

I'm trying to find a portable power supply to charge my TB47's and TB48's without leaving my car on

I've narowed it down to the below products but I don't know much about power and don't want to risk hurting the batteries.

How can I tell which one is most compatabile for charging the inspire batteries and which will deliver the best performance for this application?

Thanks!

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

2017-1-18
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

A couple of questions you should ask yourself OP.

How many TB battery charges do you want to be able to accomplish in between recharging the unit? (i.e. what internal battery storage capacity to you need?)
How many TB battery charges do you want to do concurrently? (How much 240/110Vac capacity do you need from the inverter?)
Where will the unit sit in your vehicle and how will you keep it secured?

For field charging, I use a 80Ah AGM battery (from an old UPS unit) that is strapped down in the load area of my vehicle. To this I connect a 600W/1200W (Continuous/Peak) pure sine wave inverter.
This lasts all day for multiple cycles of my TB's. I wired a 50 amp fused circuit into the area from the engine bay to give me the ability to top-up the AGM battery when travelling, otherwise I hook up a mains battery charger back at home.

DJI has 12v chargers available (as well as many on ebay) that might be a simpler solution for you - I need to power and charge many different items apart from the TB's.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I can tell you that the third option looks less like a Frankenstein-esque component, but I would be in the same boat as you whether to trust any of them.
2017-1-18
Use props
penguinhomey
lvl.1

United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2017-1-18 15:14
A couple of questions you should ask yourself OP.

How many TB battery charges do you want to be able to accomplish in between recharging the unit? (i.e. what internal battery storage capacity to you need?)

The way I envision the setup is having it hooked up to the charging hub to charge 4 TB48's. It would be secured in the trunk easily. The reason I want something like a portable power source is so I can leave my car off and still let it all charge.
2017-1-19
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

penguinhomey Posted at 2017-1-19 12:57
The way I envision the setup is having it hooked up to the charging hub to charge 4 TB48's. It would be secured in the trunk easily. The reason I want something like a portable power source is so I can leave my car off and still let it all charge.

That's obvious - so now look at the current draw of the charging hub while charging 4 TBs. This tells you what sizeof inverter you will need.

Next, decide how many cycles of charge you want to be able to manage, that tells you how big a battery you need.
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules