My phantom will not fly Max distance
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manning Valley
lvl.1

Australia

I am experience a problem where I fly my Phantom 3 Professional and once it reaches about 30m in distance it will not go any further and says disconnected and goes into return home mode...I have checked all of my settings which appear to be set to the maximum distances. Can anyone suggest why my phantom is doing this?
2017-1-19
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

Are you using beginner mode?
2017-1-19
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Make sure you are not in beginner mode, and make sure you have the antenna oriented correctly.  Also, straight over head is the worst place for reception.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

As others have mentioned, please ensure that you are not in beginner mode and that the RC antennas are positioned properly:

In addition, could you please elaborate as to what kind of areas are you flying in and whether this is happening out of the box or after a firmware update?
2017-1-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

To set maximum distance, that parameter would be left blank. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-20
Use props
Manning Valley
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-19 23:05
As others have mentioned, please ensure that you are not in beginner mode and that the RC antennas are positioned properly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

This has happened straight from the box, I fly in a range of areas such us close to town and also out of town and in both areas it still will not go any further than 30 - 40 metres. I have made sure that beginner mode is turned off prior to flight.
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Manning Valley Posted at 2017-1-22 17:10
This has happened straight from the box, I fly in a range of areas such us close to town and also out of town and in both areas it still will not go any further than 30 - 40 metres. I have made sure that beginner mode is turned off prior to flight.

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, only the RC signal is lost at that distance and not the video feed as well, correct? Has relinking the aircraft to the RC made any sort of difference?

Depending on how long you've had the unit up until this point, you may have a few options. A posssible, and more immediate, option would be to go through your dealer for an exchange. If you're outside of the exchange period, then another course of action would be to have the unit sent in for further evaluation
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules