IPhone 7
8867 24 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
swk
lvl.2
United States

Is the IPhone 7 compatible with the mavic pro??
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes it is, I've been using the iPhone 7 Plus and it works great with the GO4 app.
Here's a list of DJI recommended devices.

iOS Version v4.0.1.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.0.1.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.
2017-1-22
Use props
swk
lvl.2
United States

Great thanks for the info
2017-1-22
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-22 15:03
Yes it is, I've been using the iPhone 7 Plus and it works great with the GO4 app.

DJI-Ken, on your iPhone 7plus are you able to swipe left during a flight and change your RTH home position to the current location of the controller?  I have tried this multiple times while flying in varies locations and always get an unable to set home point because of weak satellite reception, even though the location of iPhone is always showing correctly in Apple maps and Google maps. Seems like a bug and I have heard of others having the same issue.
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlashGJ Posted at 2017-1-22 15:24
DJI-Ken, on your iPhone 7plus are you able to swipe left during a flight and change your RTH home position to the current location of the controller?  I have tried this multiple times while flying in varies locations and always get an unable to set home point because of weak satellite reception, even though the location of iPhone is always showing correctly in Apple maps and Google maps. Seems like a bug and I have heard of others having the same issue.

It's something with your phone, I just tested and was able to set the home point to both the RC and aircraft with my iPhone 7 Plus.
2017-1-22
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-22 19:36
It's something with your phone, I just tested and was able to set the home point to both the RC and aircraft with my iPhone 7 Plus.

Thanks for checking it out on your iPhone. Now I am at a loss of what is going on with mine. I will try to remove and reinstall Go4 with a reboot of my iPhone and see if that fixes it. If you have any other ideas of things to troubleshoot, let me know. I really need to get this working.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlashGJ Posted at 2017-1-23 06:24
Thanks for checking it out on your iPhone. Now I am at a loss of what is going on with mine. I will try to remove and reinstall Go4 with a reboot of my iPhone and see if that fixes it. If you have any other ideas of things to troubleshoot, let me know. I really need to get this working.

Do you have the your phone to allow the GO app to see your location?
It could be that you didn't allow all the permissions when installing the app.
2017-1-23
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-23 07:16
Do you have the your phone to allow the GO app to see your location?
It could be that you didn't allow all the permissions when installing the app.

Pretty sure I did, but I have now reinstalled and upon doing so made sure to allow permissions. Now I just need a break in the weather to test it out.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlashGJ Posted at 2017-1-23 09:06
Pretty sure I did, but I have now reinstalled and upon doing so made sure to allow permissions. Now I just need a break in the weather to test it out.

That's the only thing I can think of, hope that solved it.
2017-1-23
Use props
madispuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133957 ft
Estonia

I previously had a Nexus 5x with Android and it was terrible, disconnected and crashed all the time, now I have an iPhone 7 and it's working brilliantly. Haven't had any issue since I got it.
2017-1-23
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-23 09:18
That's the only thing I can think of, hope that solved it.

Just an update on my iPhone 7 and its weak GPS signal issues. I reset a couple of things and that did not work, I then did a complete restore and reinstalled all my apps, etc. and still having the same issue. In the same locations, my iPad Mini has no problem changing Home Point to the controller, switch to my iPhone 7 and "GPS weak signal" error. With some research I have found that some iPhone 7 users are having issues with 3rd party apps using the GPS accurately. Replacing the iphone with a new one has solved some of those issues. I have set up a Genius Appointment and I am going to try to have it swapped out for a new iPhone and hopefully this will solve my issue. I will let you know.
2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlashGJ Posted at 2017-1-26 18:39
Just an update on my iPhone 7 and its weak GPS signal issues. I reset a couple of things and that did not work, I then did a complete restore and reinstalled all my apps, etc. and still having the same issue. In the same locations, my iPad Mini has no problem changing Home Point to the controller, switch to my iPhone 7 and "GPS weak signal" error. With some research I have found that some iPhone 7 users are having issues with 3rd party apps using the GPS accurately. Replacing the iphone with a new one has solved some of those issues. I have set up a Genius Appointment and I am going to try to have it swapped out for a new iPhone and hopefully this will solve my issue. I will let you know.

That's strange, I have several friends with the 7 and 7 Plus and mine or none of theirs have had any GPS issues with the GO app and resetting home point to the RC's position.
2017-1-27
Use props
fans39ed1ea2
New

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-22 15:03

Ok my I phone 7 an Mav pro won't connect . My wifes I phone 6 will any suggestions
2017-1-27
Use props
fans39ed1ea2
New

Canada

fans39ed1ea2 Posted at 2017-1-27 14:59
Ok my I phone 7 an Mav pro won't connect . My wifes I phone 6 will any suggestions

I've deleted an reinstalled the app several times. I even scanned the QR code an installed it that way still won't connect any insights would be greatly appreciated
2017-1-27
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

If suffering from any problem when connecting the drone to the remote (losts of signal in the app, app crashing, data failures...) Remove the cable that is shipped (microUSB or lightning) and connect your own one to the telephone using the central USB port on the controller. A lot of people have had trouble with the original cables.
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans39ed1ea2 Posted at 2017-1-27 15:09
I've deleted an reinstalled the app several times. I even scanned the QR code an installed it that way still won't connect any insights would be greatly appreciated

Since the 6 works just fine you know it's not a RC or USB port issue.
Try the bottom USB post on the RC with your iPhone charge cable and unplug the side port and see if that works.
2017-1-28
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-27 07:06
That's strange, I have several friends with the 7 and 7 Plus and mine or none of theirs have had any GPS issues with the GO app and resetting home point to the RC's position.

Never did get those functions to work on my 7. I was going to take it to the Apple Store and see if I could get it exchanged for a new one, but found a 6s plus at a very good price. I have now made the 6s plus my dedicated flying device and all GPS functions work flawlessly.
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlashGJ Posted at 2017-1-30 15:39
Never did get those functions to work on my 7. I was going to take it to the Apple Store and see if I could get it exchanged for a new one, but found a 6s plus at a very good price. I have now made the 6s plus my dedicated flying device and all GPS functions work flawlessly.

Ok, that's strange as I've used 3 different iPhone 7's and they've all worked just fine.
2017-1-30
Use props
fans02a49036
New

Slovakia

fans39ed1ea2 Posted at 2017-1-27 14:59

I have exactly the same case. Iphone7 won§t connect, my wife's iphone6 will ....moreover even friends iphone7 will do. I am able to see location, even navigation works perfect ....so I am sure GPS works just fine on my iphone7. Any clue? all firmware and apps are up to date.
2017-3-18
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

fans02a49036 Posted at 2017-3-18 13:25
I have exactly the same case. Iphone7 won§t connect, my wife's iphone6 will ....moreover even friends iphone7 will do. I am able to see location, even navigation works perfect ....so I am sure GPS works just fine on my iphone7. Any clue? all firmware and apps are up to date.

What version software is your iphone running on ---- If its 10 that could be the cause of your problem its been very buggy ---- I haven't updated my iphone because of this
2017-3-18
Use props
Hogbert_1999
New
Flight distance : 16978 ft
Australia

I have the same issue here in OZ it seems certain models of Iphone 7 and Iphone 7 Plus have issues with the GPS and the Software used to control the Mavic.

I have tested with the wifes Iphone 6s and it works fine however my Iphone 7 Plus will not work

【Product Firmware version】:                                         Mavic Firmware :                               v01.03.0500
【DJI GO App version】:                                                     DJI GO 4 App iOS :                              v4.0.5
【Mobile Device Model】:                                                  Iphone 7 Plus                                     MN4V2X/A
                                                                                                   Iphone 6s                                           MN112X/A
【iOS  version】:                                                                  I phone 7 Plus                                    IOS 10.3  
                                                                                                  I phone 6S                                           IOS 10.1.1

I have a request in with DJI ATM very frustrating. All other GPS functions of the phone work as advertised so must be a software incompatibility with the DJI Go App
2017-4-12
Use props
fans3fc0857d
New
Slovakia

Im having same problem with iphone 7. Iphone 6 is ok. When i turn on the follow me mode(FM- need gps) iphone 6 is ok, and the mavic follows me, but iphone 7 doesn't follow me. Stay on same place.
2017-6-4
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Really weird; I've used that function many times with my iPhone 7+ and never had a problems, all the way from FW 0.400 to current, and the last 3-4 versions of DJI GO.
2017-6-4
Use props
S. P. Roth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

No problems with the iphone 7plus
2017-6-17
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

iphone 6 plus or 7 i use and are fine, to set the home position why not just hit the 3 dots and click on the mavic icon and press where craft is is home (if its on the floor ready) or controller position is home...i've never swiped to set home, rather hit the button & hear confirmation etc...
2017-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules