Mavic crashed; camera got separated; sent for repair..& guess what..
1536 7 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lex_ville
lvl.1

Japan

Hi Guys

I just received my drone after going through repair in a service centre in Hong Kong. I paid around $150 for the gimbal & camera plus the usual service fee - which includes calibration, quality checks, etc... to test out the drone so that it's in 'best shape' after leaving the repair centre. It's another story why the gimbal and camera were repaired.

So I got the drone last Saturday afternoon and I flew it yesterday (Sunday) in an open field around 9am. Flying was great, gimbal works nicely, recorded video was smooth, no lost signal (well it's an open field). I didn't fly it over 40m coz I jusst upgraded to the new firmware. It's a safety flight coz I just want to make sure that the drone's working ok and it did.

But when I came home and viewed the photos/videos, I saw this dirt looking thing on the top left side of ALL my photos and videos. It had to be a dead pixel in the sensor - a very noticeable one.

I've been a DSLR user for 8 years now. This isn't just a normal dust outside or inside the lens. Than can be easily cleaned. This is right through the sensor. Before I sent in my drone for servicing, I checked my old video and the dead pixel on the sensor was not there. How can DJI missed this while they performed their quality checks? It's just really disappointing because the drone went for camera/gimbal servicing and when I got it back, there's a big dead pixel sensor problem. Now I have to send this back to them again and that means, waiting for another 2-3 weeks.

Photos are here - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/021bt ... hS0dl8c4mkpDda?dl=0

Thanks for reading

-Alex

photo_11_100percent

photo_11_100percent

photo_12_100percent

photo_12_100percent
2017-1-22
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

WOW,  that  is a bummer,  hope they get it fix for you soon,   
2017-1-22
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

its a ufo lol
2017-1-22
Use props
lex_ville
lvl.1

Japan

HWKIDD Posted at 2017-1-22 19:07
WOW,  that  is a bummer,  hope they get it fix for you soon,

we are the one's missing some flying time here. it wasn't like I opened a brand new mavic so the sensor issue could happen at random. But in this case, DJI serviced my gimbal and camera. How come no one checked the video and photo quality? Is this not a part of a standard procedure - checking the camera's quality. It's like buying a car and you have this big scratch on your dash window right off from servicing.
2017-1-22
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

lex_ville Posted at 2017-1-22 19:30
we are the one's missing some flying time here. it wasn't like I opened a brand new mavic so the sensor issue could happen at random. But in this case, DJI serviced my gimbal and camera. How come no one checked the video and photo quality? Is this not a part of a standard procedure - checking the camera's quality. It's like buying a car and you have this big scratch on your dash window right off from servicing.

understand that,,,   hope all works out soon,
2017-1-22
Use props
fansf0572733
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2098566 ft
United States

lol my thoughts exactly
2017-1-22
Use props
lex_ville
lvl.1

Japan

question to DJI_Ken and DJI Mindy - Will DJI shoulder the DHL Express fees both ways? Or do I need to pay for the shipping back to DJI Hong Kong office. Take note, I just sent this drone for repair last December after Christmas, received it back 21st January after the repair has been made and discovered a dead pixel sensor problem on 22st January. Just put yourself in my shoes guys. thanks
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Alex,  very sorry for your unpleasant experience, we've reported this case to our related team, will escalate it and help you follow up the case.
2017-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules