Choppy 4K video - sample file included
1441 7 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jamie_W
New

United States

[size=14.6667px]It might be the older machines that I have, but I can't be sure. All of the computers I've used to playback my 4K videos just can't do it. The playback is terribly choppy. I'm not sure if it's the video file or the computers I've tried to use.

[size=14.6667px]Could someone with a fast computer please download this 872MB file and see if it plays ok for you?
[size=14.6667px]I've tried: VLC, MKPlayer, 5K Player, Windows Media Player, and Adobe Premier Elements 13.

[size=14.6667px]Thank you.

[size=14.6667px]The file is located on my Dropbox. If you don't have Dropbox, just click the link at the very bottom of the next screen to download the video. Click "No thanks, continue to view" then in the upper right-hand corner of the screen click "Download" then "Direct Download"

File link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qgcwv8ugzqfprj/DJI_0010.MP4?dl=0
2017-1-23
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

Played fine on my iMac.
2017-1-23
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

You need a PC with a graphics-card that supports the codec (H.264 at min. 60 MBit/s = data rate of original Mavic recordings). If graphic-card does not support this it might be that CPU has to process the 4k-video and then it gets choppy like hell. Try to replay the files on a friends PC with up-to-date graphic-card. E.g. on my oldest Laptop SONY Vaio VPC 14 with Nividia on Win7 I can replay the original Videos ONLY with VLC-player (MS Media Player rejects right away) and it does not look too good; slightly choppy)
2017-1-23
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Re encode it to apple cineform (mov) or upload it to youtube, let google do the work.

If you want to edit in 4k, you need a good rig. I tried editing on a older rig and the only way was to re encode to moved and then when done, replace the footage with the original mp4. On my new rig, can edit mp4 directly. Having a 4k monitor to see the finished work is nice too. After building a setup like that, you won't go back. Like night and day.
2017-1-23
Use props
kari5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3448 ft
Finland

Did run smooth here So what thehippoz said.
2017-1-23
Use props
colvill
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59423 ft
Australia

Plays fine on my i7 Surface Book.
2017-1-23
Use props
fansfbd82212
Banned

Japan

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-2-9
Use props
christing
lvl.2

South Korea

I too had the same issue with 4K playback and not a quick laptop. I was reading a thread somewhere and found Brorsoft's video converter and it worked just fine after that.
2017-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules