[HELP] Dji P3 STD Home Point Issue
1260 11 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PentaBro
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi guys

My Dji P3 STD reset it's Home point itself randomly when I went for a fly last Saturday.
I didn't even notice it when it somehow reset it's home point in the middle of the sea by itself. After I lost signal, it active RTH automatically and as you can imagine, it lands into the sea and gone!!!!
Does anyone know anything about it please? And MOST IMPOTANTLY, who should I report to? Is DJI going to do anything about it and maybe get me another drone, please?

Regards
2017-1-23
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

There are now lots of posts / threads on this very issue ... and DJI at present seems to be very quiet about it ...

I strongly advise : Contact DJI and they will tell you how to download the Flight Log from your 'Phone / Tablet' and then send it to them. This should detail the change of Home Point and problems.

You are NOT ALONE !! Don't get left out !

DJI have made a mess of latest Go app and are failing to come clean ... the evidence is overwhelming ...

Nigel
2017-1-24
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

Hello there, yes I had the same issue, mine landed on some guy's roof which I should hopefully be able to retrieve it. I contacted DJI Support both online support and email. We will see what they say.
2017-1-24
Use props
GeoffN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89564 ft
United Kingdom

You'd think, as everyone has the same drones and with, presumably, the same "software", this would happen to everyone and DJI would issue a notice to stop flying until the problem had been fixed?  Perhaps they don't do that sort of thing?
2017-1-24
Use props
eljaano
lvl.1

France

Hello from France !

Exactly that I experimented last saturday.
DJIGo asked me to update the home point, and like a moron, I did not check where his supposed position was, I accepted...
I continued my fly and did a RTH....
My drone flyed away toward the west...
By chance, I have found it next day by checking the log, I have found where his home point was located, it was near some houses at 1.2 km west-north-west. I went close these houses, and I rang the bell, at the third house, the guy had got my drone !
Incredible but real !
He won a very good bottle of Champagne Tsarine "premier cru".
2017-1-24
Use props
GeoffN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89564 ft
United Kingdom

eljaano Posted at 2017-1-24 02:07
Hello from France !

Exactly that I experimented last saturday.

Read a good bit of advice the other day..... probably been posted before though couldn't see it............ write your name and phone number on the drone............ gives you a much better chance of getting it back  I reckon.
2017-1-24
Use props
Shrek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61316 ft
United Kingdom

If you have experienced Fly-Ways were you using an Android Device?
2017-1-24
Use props
eljaano
lvl.1

France

@Shrek : Yes Android, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro to be precise...

@Geoffn : I have ordered a GPS Tracker, and I put my phone number and my address on the drone, really useful !
2017-1-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Here is a post on this from the exalted msinger:  http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... 04141/#post-1072635
2017-1-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Here's another:  http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... 04138/#post-1072680
2017-1-24
Use props
Thermographer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

OP, Where you in beginner mode and or had your max distance engaged?
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about that, please sync your flight records and send an e-mail to support@dji.com with your APP account (e-mail) and let me know your ticket number, our engineers will help you analyze the data.
2017-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules