follow me mode too far away
1652 14 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steviegson
lvl.1

United States

I have repeatedly tried to use follow me mode but every time it says aircraft is too far away first I tried it about a hundred feet up and thirty feet out then I keep bringing that closer and readjusting the AIM and even tried 16 feet up 5 feet away but still every time it says aircraft it's too far away
2017-1-24
Use props
formentera
lvl.2

Germany

Do you use DJI GO 3.1.2 ?
2017-1-24
Use props
Steviegson
lvl.1

United States

Yes I believe that is the version I have, I bought the standard first and when I have the map of in my locations was always accurate as was the Drone now with my professional that I just thought about a week ago I just realized last night that my location is off it puts me miles away, I have tried with my Samsung Galaxy S7 and my tablet with both my location is way off but when I use a third-party app then my location is correct with either the tablet or the phone
2017-1-25
Use props
Steviegson
lvl.1

United States

Yes 3.1.2 On a side note should my debugging be on?
2017-1-25
Use props
formentera
lvl.2

Germany

As far as i it is known by now, the 3.1.2 must have something like a GPS fault. It eventually makes the drone fly away, gives wrong HP of RC, denies therefore follow mode (at least an Android).
Just search this forum or web or playstore reviews for 3.1.2 / fly away / RTH / follow mode etc. You will find many.
2017-1-25
Use props
Dave P
lvl.3
Flight distance : 207664 ft
United Kingdom

OK, I have had the same problem with Follow Me - Aircraft Too far away. I have 13/15 satellites giving a fix with GPS Status & Toolbox app, the Dji shows the Mobile Device GPS Signal as Strong in the Follow Me status panel, the GPS strength in the top bar is maximum bars. The map/radar shows the home point right over where I am. Every time I try to select the Apply button I get Aircraft is too far away, even when it is a metre away from me at various heights I still get Aircraft is too far away. I have tried this over secveral days with 2 devices, unfortunately both unsupported - Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen and Hudl 2 tablet. Everything else works fine and I'm very pleased but the  Follow Me is one of the main reasons for getting this. Because of the stock answer of the device is unsupported, I have ordered a supported device at some cost so I hope the problem is the device as I will be mighty unpleased if I have spent the money because of a faulty App. I have photos of then device through all stages showing the above.
Could Dji make an official statement please regarding this problem that has been notified by quite a few people; I have read that some people have downgraded the App and it works, I only got mine last week so I have 3.1.2 - I'll try an older version but I'm guessing I may be losing out on something else or other bugs?

And while we're on it can we have an official statenment on what SD cards are supported because I bought a reputable, Verbatim, 32GB Class 10 card, and it doesn't work even after formatting quick and full, recreating primary partition etc. I know many people say but a Sandisk extreme, whcih I may have to but why when it costs 4 times as much and the one I have is within spec?

Rant over, for now
2017-1-26
Use props
Makokiller
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1115095 ft
United States

Use the app Autopilot. It works great for follow me.
2017-1-26
Use props
Steviegson
lvl.1

United States

2 things 1 is autopilot free? And is it work for Android? 2 it is not because you have an unsupported device I have a Samsung S7 and S6 and I have a Samsung tablet all the same problem if  looked the map and zoom out you will see that your location is very far away from where you actually are I did not have this problem with my Phantom 3 standard
2017-1-26
Use props
Steviegson
lvl.1

United States

C can someone tag DJI in these posts? They need to know about this and they need to issue even if they just say I'm working on it that's good
2017-1-26
Use props
Steviegson
lvl.1

United States

Also I tried to downgrade 21.8 and 1.3 drone firmware not DJI firmware  and it will not downgrade because it says
2017-1-26
Use props
Steviegson
lvl.1

United States

Firmware is up todatey or  equivalent
2017-1-26
Use props
Steviegson
lvl.1

United States

So ya can we tage DJI in this post
2017-1-26
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

There's a bug in the 3.1.2 version of the app where it determines bad mobile GPS coordinates.   Home position may seem OK as that is usually obtrained from the aircraft GPS.   If you manually try to set the home point using the mobile device position, it probably will say the moblie GPS is too weak, which probably isn't the case if you were to go to Google Maps or other app that uses GPS.
Where in the app does it show the moble GPS signal level, as oppowed to the aircraft GPS signal which is at the top?

Downgrade the app to 3.1.0 or at least 3.1.1 and you should then be able to use Follow Me.
2017-1-26
Use props
Steviegson
lvl.1

United States

https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot/download?from=details%2Fversion&fid=b%2Fapk%2FZGppLnBpbG90Xzc5XzZmOWM1YjNh&version_code=79
2017-1-27
Use props
Steviegson
lvl.1

United States

Link for app after u delete current version
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules