12Next >
2861 46 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WINGS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331 ft
United States

I believe that DJI is running a Ponzi sheme by getting thousands of people to put up thousands of interest free dollars with the false promise of one week shipping.  When I ordered my Mavic in early January, they said 3 - 5 day shipping from confirmation of payment.  Not only did that confirmation come through quickly, PayPal, but they were paid $1,500 several days later on 1/16/2017.
There hasn't been any indication that they will ship my drone so I engaged customer support via the chat program for customer service that DJI offers.  After a very frustratimng exchange I was told by Marvin,  that my drone would ship next month despite the fact that DJI is currently promising 1 week shipping on new orders.  This is completely unscroulplous and I believe false advertising.  I am 75 and am basically retired.   The law hasn't changed since I retired and I believe that there is a great class action lawsuit potential if others, as I expect, have been subjected to the same abuse.  If you have been subjected to this bad faith business practice and are interested in speaking out against, what I believe to be an illicit business practice, I  would be interested in speaking with you.  Roger Hall 925 788 1121
2017-1-24
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-1-24
Use props
WINGS
lvl.1
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-24 17:38
Awww didums package got delayed, now seeking law suit.
Sue the Chinese Government for allowing time off for Chinese New Year than proceed to sue DJI for facing difficulty meeting product demand.
What a cry baby considering others have been waiting patiently for months.

You must work for DJI because you completely missed the point.  DJI is selling, and collecting in advance, for a product they know they can't deliver and generating thousands of interest free dollars..  They know the problems w/China but they ignore those problems  to take our money.  I don't think this is ethical.  Do you?
Companies need to be held accountable when they knowingly misrepresent what they are selling which includes a delivery schedule.
2017-1-24
Use props
WINGS
lvl.1
United States

WINGS Posted at 2017-1-24 18:13
You must work for DJI because you completely missed the point.  DJI is selling, and collecting in advance, for a product they know they can't deliver and generating thousands of interest free dollars..  They know the problems w/China but they ignore those problems  to take our money.  I don't think this is ethical.  Do you?
Companies need to be held accountable when they knowingly misrepresent what they are selling which includes a delivery schedule.

Brent, I come from the old school where people are expected to do what they say they will do.  Call me Pops but  my generation represents what may be the last ethical generation in this country.  Your failure to recognize the lack of ethics and the immoral business practices of this kind of activity only underscores the deterioration of the greatest generation's morality, ethics, and integrity.  I grew up in a world where people did what they said they would do.  That doesn't appear to be one of your guiding lights.
When "s" happens, that is understandable.  When someone makes promises they know they cannot and will not be able to fulfill, my generation believes that is unethical, immoral and legally unacceptable.  This is not an honest mistake! which would be forgivable.
2017-1-24
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

I must work for DJI because i think your legal threat for delayed delivery is childish?  Really??

DJI is running a  "ponzi scheme" because your order from this year (paid NINE days ago) is delayed for another week, makes total sense to me. Not!

I see your waving the "ethics" and the "immoral business practices" flag around, invoking memories of past era when a mans word was his worth. Well, welcome to the real world sunshine where shipping delays happen for many reasons.
Some of us waited months and are totally happy but here you are demanding your new toy and chucking a tanty with threatening legal action.

Looks like someone trying to get promoted up the ladder of delivery date, while people are still waiting for stock to arrive for orders from last year.

Like i said, get in line pops or go hire your Lawyers.

2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Would you please provide me your order number? you can try to PM me, I'd like to help you escalate it and check what's going on.
2017-1-24
Use props
GravitonPhotogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125210 ft
United States

Intimidation seemed to work well played. Pops!! Well played..
2017-1-24
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

Same issue here!!!  Order 0010489032062. Took my money weeks ago. Please check it  DJI NATALIA. THANKS
2017-1-24
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

GravitonPhotogr Posted at 2017-1-24 20:08
Intimidation seemed to work  well played. Pops!! Well played..

Once upon a time you would boycott a company and its product if you perceived it to be immoral or unethical.
Not pops, his aim was to demand that product!! (legal action or delivery was the choice), yet claims the moral hi ground lol
Well played pops, well played.

Now everyone else who has been waiting patiently should kick up a stink because DJI seem to favor (help out) whiners.
2017-1-24
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

{:4_169:} lolol Ok I'm done..
2017-1-24
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

Well this thread just turned pure gold :')
2017-1-24
Use props
fans8b08e222
lvl.1

United States

At the very least, DJI should take down the incorrect shipping times from their website. I cancelled my order with Amazon and ordered through the store because of these 1 week shipping times. If you can supply the goods then don't take our money until the unit ships. That is how it is done with most online companies.
2017-1-25
Use props
fans5acde2da
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ordered mine on the 12th of Jan...Just had a message from the courier arriving tomorrow
2017-1-25
Use props
Big Daddy Davee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3963 ft
United Kingdom

Wings has a point and made it well and he has more than likely got the desired outcome.

I guess that this is a lesson to all of those that have been sitting patiently in a 'queue' for months. I am amazed that there are still people clinging to orders from months ago. At what point do you face facts and change your approach. This infamous quote seems relevant to those waiting in line constantly chasing for updates in hope - the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Wings did something different. What are you going to do?
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Guys. I know that things are a little tense right now. The forum team will be more forgiving regarding multiple posts and the like, but please keep all comments civil. Everyone has a right to air their grievances as long as they are contributing to discussion.

Thanks a lot.
2017-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

While what happened to you seems unfair, you won't be able to take a class action until you let the law run its course.
As the law stands if you enter into a contract as you did, if the vendor fails to carry out his part in the contract , you are then entitled to enter in to a new contract or have your money refunded, if you decide to enter in to another contract and the vendor again fails to comply then you may very well have grounds for compensation.

Regarding Ponzi scheme very few people these days complaining about not getting there Mavics , there is also a button on the website to have your money refunded at anytime.

Surely the bad PR dji are receiving in the long run , will be much more detrimental to them than the interest they would receive on some early payments.

And just on another note I ordered an mac book pro which takes 5 weeks to deliver, in my country we have to pay up front for Apple products , so as you can see this taking money before you receive the goods is not just a Chinese problem , but also happens with US companies also.

I hope you get your aircraft soon , I know you will have many great times with it..
2017-1-25
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

fans8b08e222 Posted at 2017-1-25 11:58
At the very least, DJI should take down the incorrect shipping times from their website. I cancelled my order with Amazon and ordered through the store because of these 1 week shipping times. If you can supply the goods then don't take our money until the unit ships. That is how it is done with most online companies.

Yup i think they should remove that the Mavic ships in a week if they are not going to keep their word on it.
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-1-25 13:12
Yup i think they should remove that the Mavic ships in a week if they are not going to keep their word on it.

Hey FF. Where do you currently see this info so we can alert the Ecomm team?
2017-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-1-25 13:12

7/ 10 days so delivery should take about 14/15 days
2017-1-25
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-25 13:19
Hey FF. Where do you currently see this info so we can alert the Ecomm team?

DJI Joe, Its on http://www.dji.com/mavic
Capture.PNG
2017-1-25
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-25 13:31
7/ 10 days so delivery should take about 14/15 days

It states on this page http://www.dji.com/mavic that it ships in 1 week just scroll down to the bottom.
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-1-25 13:56
DJI Joe, Its on http://www.dji.com/mavic

Thanks. I missed that. Will report.
2017-1-25
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-25 13:57
Thanks. I missed that. Will report.

No problem, thanks for your help.
2017-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-1-25 13:58

http://store.dji.com/product/mav ... 1#/addons?_k=oiicnb

OP obviously purchased combo.
2017-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-1-25 13:58

Think part of the problem here is , it clearly states 7/10 days for Combo, after payment clears , and not on the day you order, everyone knows that some CC and sometimes PayPal often take a couple of days to clear. But conveniently forget when they want to have a rant.

And yes your right one week for Mavic on its own as you will know adding extras to your order with dji has the effect of delaying your whole order..
2017-1-25
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

It appears any geezer can threaten legal action, but it looks so infantile when only after nine days from payment they demand their product after calling the company unethical and immoral.
If i was DJI i would have cancelled your order and told you to go fly  a kite.
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Hey Kangaroo. Please tone it down and keep your responses constructive in nature.
2017-1-25
Use props
WINGS
lvl.1
United States

It's a ponzi scam!
2017-1-25
Use props
SPARKFLASH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63743 ft
  • >>>
United States

This thread is funny.
2017-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

“It is very unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right.”
2017-1-25
Use props
Sam Huang
lvl.1

United States

here is my story, ordered on Sep 28, 2016, still not ship out. And the online support doesn't response when I keep pursuing the progress.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid666848
2017-1-26
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

September 28 and still not shipped? Wow!
2017-1-26
Use props
Irish
lvl.2

United States

I ordered mine on January 11th and it arrived here by the 23rd, that was even after some shipping delays because of a winter storm.  I am very happy with the shipping.  I did order a couple extra items that ended up shipping separately that I received today.  As far as I'm concerned they kept their word..  Sorry to hear of you delay..  If your not happy just cancel the order..
2017-1-26
Use props
WINGS
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-24 20:00
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Would you please provide me your order number? you can try to PM me, I'd like to help you escalate it and check what's going on.

My order #0010142896998  PAID for on 1/16/2017
2017-1-26
Use props
yusefmian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12146 ft
United States

fans8b08e222 Posted at 2017-1-25 11:58

They don't take your money.  They get payment after the product has shipped...
2017-1-26
Use props
rclendaniel
lvl.1

United States

yusefmian Posted at 2017-1-26 20:54
They don't take your money.  They get payment after the product has shipped...

Uhhh... My money was gone immediately after I pushed pay. There was a refund button if that is what you are talking about.
2017-1-27
Use props
yusefmian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12146 ft
United States

rclendaniel Posted at 2017-1-27 07:20
Uhhh... My money was gone immediately after I pushed pay. There was a refund button if that is what you are talking about.

Nope, that is not their policy.  They only authorize, not confirm payment.  

Not talking about refund.
2017-1-27
Use props
fans2b75c050
lvl.2

United States

WINGS Posted at 2017-1-26 19:37
My order #0010142896998  PAID for on 1/16/2017

Do you get your MAVIC combo yet ? Ordered mine 1-1817
Payment cleared 1-20-17. Shipped 1-217-17 after many story's and emails it wouldn't.  Delivery est 2-3-17
  Really hope the moderators help you out.  DJI is very confusing and the chat system needs some serious help.  
2017-1-28
Use props
SJT
lvl.2

United Kingdom

yusefmian Posted at 2017-1-27 11:33
Nope, that is not their policy.  They only authorize, not confirm payment.  

Not talking about refund.

That may be their policy but they don't always follow it.  I've placed two orders with DJI.  One was only pre-authorised and one they charged my credit card for immediately and payment was confirmed.  I saw my own credit card statement with my own eyes.  Please don't tell people otherwise just because you haven't experienced this yourself.
2017-1-28
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

fans2b75c050 Posted at 2017-1-28 06:42
Do you get your MAVIC combo yet ? Ordered mine 1-1817
Payment cleared 1-20-17. Shipped 1-217-17 after many story's and emails it wouldn't.  Delivery est 2-3-17
  Really hope the moderators help you out.  DJI is very confusing and the chat system needs some serious help.

Did you also start a thread threatening legal action and trying to encourage others to join your foray into litigation against a company you publicly declared to be running a ponzi scheme, acting immorally and dealing unethically?

You obviously think this is good form to offer good wishes to such people.

Just pointing out the facts. It is there for all to see.

A week after this thread was created you seem to be waiting patiently for your delivery expected in 3 more days.
What does that say about the OPs decision to announce litigation when he only ordered two days before you?
You "really hope" the moderators help him out?
I didnt think the mods run the sales department, and why does he need help when the delivery date is within the projected timeframe?

Why also do you blame DJI chat system which you think "needs some serious help" ?
Did you order over chat?
Did you already tie up the chatline even though you only ordered recently and havent even got your item to chat about?
I think you could be the OP, could be wrong but i see this stuff before.

Mods should check your PC ID and IP address
2017-1-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules