RC with Screen
1730 18 2017-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crowesnest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119741 ft
Canada

I was looking to find out how the remote controller that comes with the screen works in bright sunlight. Does it work better than a 3rd party screen? Do you still need a hood to sheild it from sunlight? Would you recommend buying one even if you already have an iPad?
2017-1-27
Use props
Helimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144140 ft
Finland

People are reporting some issues with the CrystalSky monitor. Sure, it's bright, but keep in mind that you have to charge the controller way more often, because it's integrated. And if it happens to break, the whole controller is useless. An iPad works perfectly fine, and also supports 3rd party apps, like Litchi.
2017-1-27
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Sounds like you need a good hood.  I have a home made one on my iPad and it works in bright sun on the snow.
2017-1-27
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

I can see my built in screen fine in the sun. But a very important point, if you want to use 3rd party apps do not get the + version because you can not install any software on it.
2017-1-27
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.2
United States

P4P+ Posted at 2017-1-27 17:52
I can see my built in screen fine in the sun. But a very important point, if you want to use 3rd party apps do not get the + version because you can not install any software on it.

Do you have any regrets with the P4P+   I can get one for just a little more than P4P.  
2017-1-27
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Same here the p4p+ is bright and clear in the soon. I dont need a hood
2017-1-27
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Stinky711 Posted at 2017-1-27 18:34
Do you have any regrets with the P4P+   I can get one for just a little more than P4P.

No, I love it. However I fly in the traditional sense. I don't fly autonomous missions and I don't have the need for other features of 3rd party flight functions. You should read some of the threads about the + version, it seems to me like many people who got it rather have gotten the non + version because either they thought the screen was able to get other apps or they thought they could connect another phone or tablet to it. Try taking a poll to see how many people who have purchased the + version would have rather gotten the non + version.
2017-1-28
Use props
Stavanger
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1295794 ft
  • >>>
Norway

P4P+ Posted at 2017-1-28 00:17
No, I love it. However I fly in the traditional sense. I don't fly autonomous missions and I don't have the need for other features of 3rd party flight functions. You should read some of the threads about the + version, it seems to me like many people who got it rather have gotten the non + version because either they thought the screen was able to get other apps or they thought they could connect another phone or tablet to it. Try taking a poll to see how many people who have purchased the + version would have rather gotten the non + version.

Hei P4P+
Aren't you having the screen freezing effect while recording 4k? I'm mostly using it for photography, and it works fine for my job. But when filming for fun in 4k, the screen is very annoying freezing and catching up every other second almost (the original video on the microcard is just fine). But I can understand that for filmmakers trying to follow live on P4pro+ screen right now it is hopeless if unluckily  you get one of those P4pro+"corrupted" models.
2017-1-28
Use props
Kankles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

P4P+ Posted at 2017-1-28 00:17

I have one of each and I can say if you plan on shooting in high frame rates, you should go with the regular Phantom 4 Pro, as there is currently a problem with the DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ monitor freezing up.  I love the idea of having a monitor attached so I'm hoping they fix this problem soon.  If they do I'd recommend the Pro+, but for the time being, if you have to have one for a project,  grab the standard 4 Pro.  It works great.
2017-1-28
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.2
United States

Kankles Posted at 2017-1-28 01:04
I have one of each and I can say if you plan on shooting in high frame rates, you should go with the regular Phantom 4 Pro, as there is currently a problem with the DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ monitor freezing up.  I love the idea of having a monitor attached so I'm hoping they fix this problem soon.  If they do I'd recommend the Pro+, but for the time being, if you have to have one for a project,  grab the standard 4 Pro.  It works great.

The truth is that I will only be able to purchase one and I only fly for my own enjoyment.  I can get the P4P+ new for $150 more than P4P so I guess i'll be ok.  The other option if needed would be to get P4P remote as a back up.  Thanks
2017-1-28
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

Stavanger Posted at 2017-1-28 00:44
Hei P4P+
Aren't you having the screen freezing effect while recording 4k? I'm mostly using it for photography, and it works fine for my job. But when filming for fun in 4k, the screen is very annoying freezing and catching up every other second almost (the original video on the microcard is just fine). But I can understand that for filmmakers trying to follow live on P4pro+ screen right now it is hopeless if unluckily  you get one of those P4pro+"corrupted" models.

i have the 4k problem with the p4p+ and the non + screen
2017-1-28
Use props
The Truth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-28 06:30
i have the 4k problem with the p4p+ and the non + screen

really ?  how much worse with non + screen?
2017-1-28
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Stavanger Posted at 2017-1-28 00:44
Hei P4P+

No, mine doesn't have the freezing effect in 4k 60.
2017-1-30
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

P4P+ Posted at 2017-1-30 21:17
No, mine doesn't have the freezing effect in 4k 60.

I don't know if this makes any difference or not, but I do not have an sd card in my controller and I have it set to auto delete data as it records new data so I don't get the message about internal space used up. Could that setting have anything to do with not getting screen freeze? I tend to think probably not, but I am not sure.
2017-1-30
Use props
Stavanger
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1295794 ft
  • >>>
Norway

P4P+ Posted at 2017-1-30 21:25
I don't know if this makes any difference or not, but I do not have an sd card in my controller and I have it set to auto delete data as it records new data so I don't get the message about internal space used up. Could that setting have anything to do with not getting screen freeze? I tend to think probably not, but I am not sure.

Thank you very much P4P+, I'll test that you said
Just really wondering how much of a common issue it is with the freezing screen while recording in 4k. I know most people in the forum are the ones with problems (as myself aswell , and probably most of the P4p+ works just fine out there. But then, maybe my problem is not a firmware upgrade fixable issue. Even do filming is not my main priority  and for foto the screen works just fine, nevertheless would be nice that the screen works as it should while filming
2017-1-31
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Having flown the Inspire, Phantom 3 and Phantom 4 with an iPad I can say that it works just fine but it is not nearly as bright and I like the simplicity of the integrated monitor.  I chose the Pro+ for these reasons.  Sacrificing a bit of screen size was an acceptable tradeoff for me.  The brightness of the Plus screen is great.  Having said that and as others have mentioned, there does appear to be some issues with the video feed on the integrated monitor.  I have noticed some periodic video feed issues but have never experienced a freeze or shutdown as others have reported.  I am concerned enough however it might just be a matter of time before I have a more serious issue.  It is also curious to note that DJI has removed the Pro+ from their online store.  I wonder if this has anything to do with problems with he Pro+.
2017-2-1
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

I discovered that I have a video playback issue with the built in screen. From 'Album' a file with size 1344 x 720 has artifacts and smeared playback but the file size 1280 x 720 plays okay. From 'Editor' if I click the video storyboard on the right twice, where you can change speed and color, it tries to play the video but the message "App does not support this video file" pops up and the playback stops.

2017-2-2
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

I did a test today, a file that I take in 4k 60 by pushing the record button plays fine on the screen at 1344 x 720. However a video taken by the 'follow me' mode in 4K 30 does not play good on the screen in 1344 x720.
2017-2-3
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

My Ipad air2 is way better than my air1 and my ipad mini 2..................wait I have 3 ipads?......whats wrong w/ me lol
2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules