893 4 2017-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mistral
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595059 ft
United States

Hi,

I've posted about this before but thought I start a new thread. (Old thread was a similar problem but I was using a Samsung phone and not an iPad)

I'm trying to get the "Follow Me" mode to work but it doesn't seem to find a GPS signal in the App. Just to be clear, the aircraft gets GPS fine. I'm using an iPad mini 4 in an open area where GPS reception should be no problem. In fact the Google Maps App on the iPad find my location no problem. Also the map in the DJI Go 4 app finds my location on the map accurately. To me it seems like a bug in the app with the iPad mini 4. Anybody else having this problem?

I'm using a Mavic Pro, with all the latest versions installed. (App DJI Go 4: 4.0.2, Mavic&Controller: 01.03.0200)

Any help on how to get the "Follow me" mode to work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2017-1-27
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Although it worked nicely in December at some tests last weekend "Follow me"-mode constantly told me " aircraft too far away" although it was at 5,5 m height (minimum height for follow me) and just above my head. So minimum requirements were fulfilled and GPS signal on my Xperia Z Ultra was at max. on a big flat of a frozen lake ............... Setup was not changed compared to December except Firmware upgrade ......... Maybe that´s why ...........
2017-1-28
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Tried it again now but at home when my Xperia Z Ultra was connected to home-WiFi. worked flawless again ........... hope it does not depend on to be connected to any kind of internet access (either by WiFi or SIM-data-card) ????
2017-1-28
Use props
Mistral
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595059 ft
United States

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-1-28 04:51
Tried it again now but at home when my Xperia Z Ultra was connected to home-WiFi. worked flawless again ........... hope it does not depend on to be connected to any kind of internet access (either by WiFi or SIM-data-card) ????

Thank you for your reply.

I have the wifi only iPad and really hope the "Follow me" does not require data and only GPS.
2017-1-28
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Mistral Posted at 2017-1-28 10:08
Thank you for your reply.

I have the wifi only iPad and really hope the "Follow me" does not require data and only GPS.

Samsung S5 always says that there is a problem with the GPS, so Follow Me is intermittent.  Not sure of the exact warning within DJI GO 4, but this affects ActiveTrack as well..  The GPS works fine in the phone.  I've tested it with GPS Test to be sure.
2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules