1601 16 2017-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

How can we convice DJI software developers to add an ATTI mode on the 5D button as a option? We find it usefull to save battery, train pilots simulating loss of GPS, and indoors.
2017-1-31
Use props
Stewie Griffin
lvl.2
Canada

Ha.. I just made the exact same post in another thread.  Its very important to be able to practice in ATTI mode as you say.  Its not a matter of if it happens to you, its just a matter of when the Mavic decides to enter this mode.  The two times it happened to me, the flying was so erratic, it literally just took off in another direction.  I'm not sure if the ATTI mode is the same as in other drones, I haven't flown other drones, but the Mavic is extremely difficult to control in this mode, so perhaps this mode isn't something they want you to use.
2017-1-31
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hello DJI are you listening? Comments?
2017-6-29
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree.  Thanks for requesting this again.
2017-6-29
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Just get a $60.00 "Dromedia" type drone, always flies in ATTI mode, and you can use that to practice ATTI flight,
and other maneuvers without have the Mavic used as a test bed, (and possibly crashed)....

But yes, I think it should be user switchable. But until then, go out, stimulate the economy, and get a cheapie to practice/play with.
And your heart won't stop/you won't cry if you gak the practice toy drone.....
2017-6-29
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 2017-6-29 08:00
Just get a $60.00 "Dromedia" type drone, always flies in ATTI mode, and you can use that to practice ATTI flight,
and other maneuvers without have the Mavic used as a test bed, (and possibly crashed)....

I own many, but I want to teach and test on what they will be flying.
2017-7-26
Use props
Dspace
lvl.1
Flight distance : 275761 ft
United States

One problem with most basic toy drones is that  they only use the common stick functions. If you have the Mavic set differently (I am a lefty so mine is not standard) I don't think there are any cheapies that give you that stick change option
2017-7-27
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

Dspace Posted at 2017-7-27 00:16
One problem with most basic toy drones is that  they only use the common stick functions. If you have the Mavic set differently (I am a lefty so mine is not standard) I don't think there are any cheapies that give you that stick change option

Thankfully I;ve flown a P3A for a year before getting the mavic pro, & I;m so glad I  did practice flying in ATT mode as the little Mavic flipped to ATT my first time out! Believe me, the Phantom , in ATT mode is allot of fun to fly. First time i flipped to ATT i thought i had a flyaway, my P3A took off away from me at a high rate of speed, but, i was calm enough to realize the wind up there was approx. 20-30mph, so heart beating out of my chest i managed to gain control & from then on flew in ATT mode many, many times
The Mavic doesn't handle at all like the Phantom in ATT mode, its quite twitchy &  you really have to know what your doing. Very disappointed that you can't practice in ATT mode with the Mavic, other than covering up the GPS module. I;m not computer savy enough to know how hard it would be for DJI to make ATT mode a Mavic feature,
I;m sure this would help,  especially novice users who haven't expierenced ATT mode, in avoiding so called flyways
2017-7-27
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I flew of a fishing boat this weekend for a shoot and it was drifting sideways due to high winds. Atti would have been so nice. taking off and landing fighting GPS hold.
2017-9-5
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I think your suggestion of putting ATTI mode on the 5D button is nonsensical. Can you imagine how many inexperienced users would accidentally go into ATTI mode. Many of them don't read the manual and many of them experiment without really knowing what they are doing.
I vote NO ATTI mode. You bought the Mavic knowing it did not have this mode so if that is what you want then buy a Phantom.
2017-9-5
Use props
andreaaltieri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47336 ft
Italy

Also for me is a good idea, and it's a function I would like to have.
Not necessarily on the 5D button, also activated by menus.
Especially when doing flights between indoor and outdoor, whether you enter into sheds, caves, or anything else.
It would be very convenient to prepare before and switch to ATTI mode...
DJI will you listen to these requests?
2017-9-6
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-5 21:39
I think your suggestion of putting ATTI mode on the 5D button is nonsensical. Can you imagine how many inexperienced users would accidentally go into ATTI mode. Many of them don't read the manual and many of them experiment without really knowing what they are doing.
I vote NO ATTI mode. You bought the Mavic knowing it did not have this mode so if that is what you want then buy a Phantom.

We all didn't ask for it on a 5d button, bad assumption. With all the Phantoms and Inspires that are so dangerous with a ATTi mode, maybe you should vote to remove that feature and sport mode too .. just dont turn it on, Duhh Off by default. I want GPS OFF flying indoors near windows.
2017-9-6
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-9-6 11:02
We all didn't ask for it on a 5d button, bad assumption. With all the Phantoms and Inspires that are so dangerous with a ATTi mode, maybe you should vote to remove that feature and sport mode too .. just dont turn it on, Duhh Off by default. I want GPS OFF flying indoors near windows.

It is a bit different with the Phantom RC as it has a dedicated switch which can be switched to ATTI mode. The Mavic RC does not have this and that can't be changed so the only other way is in the DJI GO 4 app and that is when it can be inadvertently used by inexperienced people.
2017-9-6
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-9-6 11:02

It's pretty clear that this wasn't just an oversight by DJI, and one of the DJI employees who used to frequent this forum (Ken) said he didn't think they'll ever make a user-selectable ATTI available for the Mavic, so I wouldn't wait for an official DJI mechanism for this if you really need one.
2017-9-7
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Less comfortable than flicking a switch, this fine young man transforms his Mavic into ATTI mode:

2017-9-7
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-7 09:44
Less comfortable than flicking a switch, this fine young man transforms his Mavic into ATTI mode:

Yes, the aluminum foil approach can work, though he went a bit overboard; there's no need to cover the battery. It appears that he also covered the exhaust vents in the rear, so flying like that for an extended period of time probably isn't a great idea unless you're a CNN reporter paid to get footage in an NFZ in a Middle East war zone.
2017-9-7
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-9-7 11:07
Yes, the aluminum foil approach can work, though he went a bit overboard; there's no need to cover the battery. It appears that he also covered the exhaust vents in the rear, so flying like that for an extended period of time probably isn't a great idea unless you're a CNN reporter paid to get footage in an NFZ in a Middle East war zone.

Correct, he even mentions this problem in his video clip.
I believe merely covering a small part of the rear of the Mavic with aluminum might also work.
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules