Height and Distance issue
640 3 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansad5a8552
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22848 ft
United States

I received my mavic last week and have flown is a couple of times.  On the first flight I calibrated the compass prior to flight but the distance and height displayed were way off.  An example would be, it's 5 feet in front of me but says 37 feet, hoovering at 2-3 feet it says -2 feet.  I tried to fly higher, guessing around 30 feet or so and it says 9 feet.  I put it away for that day and today I calibrated the IMU and compass and tried again.  The height seems a little better, off by only a couple/few of feet, but the distance is still way off.  I can stand beside it hoovering and it says it's 27 feet away.

What is my next step I correcting this issue? (yes, firmware is up to date)

Thanks
2017-2-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Did the app asked you to calibrate or did on your own?

Calibration must be done at a perfect level surface while the AC is cold (outside in the cold for 1/2 hour) and calibrate without the props.
2017-2-1
Use props
fansad5a8552
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22848 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-1 17:00
Did the app asked you to calibrate or did on your own?

Calibration must be done at a perfect level surface while the AC is cold (outside in the cold for 1/2 hour) and calibrate without the props.

I did it on my own.  I did not have props off though.  I did check the surface with a level prior.
thanks
2017-2-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansad5a8552 Posted at 2017-2-1 17:22
I did it on my own.  I did not have props off though.  I did check the surface with a level prior.
thanks

Strongly suggest to read the manual... Try deleting the app and restart also make sure there no stickers still on the sensors. Good luck...
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules