Rivanna River
1036 10 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drb1215
lvl.2

United States

Finally! A day without howling winds!  Created a waypoint mission with Litchi and flew up the Rivanna River close to home.  There is one part towards the end that I was a bit closer to the trees than I would have liked. Also, I'm sure once Spring rolls around and trees start to get those little green things all over them, the shot will look much nicer. Enjoy the video.

2017-2-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Nice video. The trees look like winter, but no snow upon the ground.

I wish it were that way, here in Alberta. ;-)

Good stuff, thanks for sharing it.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-4
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

What is the Phantom you used? Really great shots.
2017-2-4
Use props
drb1215
lvl.2

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-4 20:48
Nice video. The trees look like winter, but no snow upon the ground.

I'm sure that winter in Alberta is just a tad more severe than it is here in Virginia   We do get snow, but it is usually completely gone in a couple of days. Not that i'm complaining or anything, but I sure don't miss shoveling snow (lived in New England for 20 years).
2017-2-4
Use props
drb1215
lvl.2

United States

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-4 20:58
What is the Phantom you used? Really great shots.

Thanks KevDrones!  It's a Phantom 3 Standard.
2017-2-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

drb1215 Posted at 2017-2-4 21:17
I'm sure that winter in Alberta is just a tad more severe than it is here in Virginia   We do get snow, but it is usually completely gone in a couple of days. Not that i'm complaining or anything, but I sure don't miss shoveling snow (lived in New England for 20 years).

If you need some cold snow and fresh ice, we can send you down a load... Haha
There is an abundance here. Too much.

I wish I could spend another winter in a warm place, without all of this reminder of the cold winter.
But Alberta is my home, and I'm happy to be here, winter or not. The freedom, and peace is all worth it.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-4
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video! I fly using Litchi a lot. When I use litchi's waypoint feature, and the flight is going to be close to objects, I will fly to get measurments of heights to ensure the waypoint flight won't run into anything.
2017-2-5
Use props
alaska42
First Officer
Flight distance : 3668114 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice, might have to try Litchi.
2017-2-5
Use props
drb1215
lvl.2

United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-2-5 02:50
Great video! I fly using Litchi a lot. When I use litchi's waypoint feature, and the flight is going to be close to objects, I will fly to get measurments of heights to ensure the waypoint flight won't run into anything.

This was a case of me not considering the trees on the other side of the river being much taller. From where I was I flew up and checked clearance, looked good from where I was standing;). Happy that the waypoints kept the drone over the river.
2017-2-5
Use props
drb1215
lvl.2

United States

alaska42 Posted at 2017-2-5 06:34
Nice, might have to try Litchi.

It does have some fun features.
2017-2-5
Use props
TB12GOAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47172 ft
United States

Seeing stuff like this makes me wish I'd gotten the regular controller instead of the plus controller (built in screen) so I could load additional apps.
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules