1643 13 2017-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blu_Kerry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6516 ft
  • >>>
United States

Shot with Phantom 4 PRO - the video seems to stutter.  Can you see that?  Everything is updated.  Wondering if I should return this to Best Buy.  It's one-day old.  This is my second P4P.  The previous one would visibly glitch in the middle of video so had to return it.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx413o62kwwtbv7/DJI_0014.MOV?dl=0

2017-2-5
Use props
Blu_Kerry
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I should add that it starts around :41 seconds in....
2017-2-5
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Blu_Kerry Posted at 2017-2-5 03:52
I should add that it starts around :41 seconds in....

I haven't checked your video, but can I ask you if you use a powerful computer? This is very important, otherwise stutter is common to all average machines. It does not have to do anything with P4P.
2017-2-5
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Seems normal to me, however, others may see something different.  I get a bit of strobe effect at 30 fps when ever the camera yaws to the left or right.  Increasing the frame rate would help.  That is all I see, video looks good.
2017-2-5
Use props
Pugsley
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Smooth on mine.. what you might want to try is downloading and playing it in VLC Player and opening tools>codec information click on the Statistics tab and see if you drop any frames on your PC.  On my i5 / GTX970 Windows 10 PC I have 2204 frames displayed 0 lost, on my poor Imac i3 it only manages 1101 frames displayed 176lost and is a slide show
2017-2-5
Use props
fans74db8d7a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3571634 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just downloaded your video and watched it very closely. It's as smooth as butter on my computer. No issues whatsoever.

I watched it on my Windows Tablet computer which is not a high powered machine. It's just an i5 (1.8GHz) tablet with generic onboard graphics and an SSD instead of a HDD.
2017-2-5
Use props
Blu_Kerry
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Okay - thanks all!  Really appreciate that feedback.
2017-2-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Always download to your PC and play from your PC with at least 32MB of memory and fast mother board and video card processor.
2017-2-5
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

cant see your mov. then only possible source of a glitch is the video encoding unable to compress fast transition imagery. at that time pixelation might occur. since the camera writes continuously on the card, a transfer glitch would halt the writing on the card.
2017-2-6
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-5 14:09
Always download to your PC and play from your PC with at least 32MB of memory and fast mother board and video card processor.

32GB (I hope you did not really mean 32MB) of ram is overkill just to watch a video. Many editing systems (even today) don't even have that.
2017-2-6
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-2-6 12:42
32GB (I hope you did not really mean 32MB) of ram is overkill just to watch a video. Many editing systems (even today) don't even have that.

Sorry, I meant 32GB. Playing or editing in 4k you would need that.

My system has:
64GB, Kingston Hyper X CL14 DDR4 2400MHz - 4 x 16GB
DUAL NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 w/8GB GDDR5X (total of 16GB) in SLI Technology mode
Intel Core i7-7920HQ 3.1 Ghz, Processor (Max Turbo Frequency 4.1GHz), 8MB Smart Cache

and Director15 keeps freezing on me.
2017-2-6
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-6 12:54
Sorry, I meant 32GB. Playing or editing in 4k you would need that.

My system has:

Editing 4k might require that much ram. Just PLAYING 4k does not. We play 4k on more than one system now that have only 16GB ram. Our editors have 32GB and I am not even sure it matters much with those.
2017-2-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-2-6 13:53
Editing 4k might require that much ram. Just PLAYING 4k does not. We play 4k on more than one system now that have only 16GB ram. Our editors have 32GB and I am not even sure it matters much with those.

For most professional or semi-pro editing systems, the most important factor is the processor speed and the number of processor cores. Some editors can take advantage of the GPU to process the video too, and a good GPU card will help. The amount of available RAM is not as much an issue, but given that it is not too expensive, I always get a full slot of RAM just in case it can be used. Some players can take advantage of the GPU too, and I think VLC Player is one of them.
2017-2-6
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-6 14:38
For most professional or semi-pro editing systems, the most important factor is the processor speed and the number of processor cores. Some editors can take advantage of the GPU to process the video too, and a good GPU card will help. The amount of available RAM is not as much an issue, but given that it is not too expensive, I always get a full slot of RAM just in case it can be used. Some players can take advantage of the GPU too, and I think VLC Player is one of them.

Thank you. I agree completely.
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules