Smooth landing
1138 4 2017-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeffdj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820102 ft
Australia

Is there anyway of getting the Mavic to land like the Phantom 4 and Phantom 3 without switching off precision landing and vertical sensors? I want to retain the  better hovering that you get with vertical vision sensors but not have the 3-4 second pause that you get on the Mavic when using full stick down near the ground. The Phantom 4 Pro still seems to retain both excellent vision assisted near ground hovering but will land smoothly without pausing when using full stick down.
Crashed my Mavic some time ago when landing between narrow railings when it paused with full stick down and a gust of wind pushed it sideways. I dont think this would have happened if it had performed an immediate land without pausing.
Look at the very end of this clip.'

Any help will be appreciated.

2017-2-5
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

In the Android app we have the option to disable "Landing Protection," but apparently it's not in the IOS app. I don't know if they added it to the newest version of IOS a couple of days ago...
2017-2-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

First of all, nice video.

Second, you should NOT have been flying with high wind next to a cliff where for sure you will get wind gust.

Third, I prefer to have the drone take it's time and land gently then ABRUPTLY...

Fourth, never try to land in a confine space between metal rails. DRONE and METAL don't mix...

We learn from our mistake and you were luck you got it out of it with minor damage.

Again nice video...  

2017-2-5
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Looked like one of those thriller movies where you know what's going to happen, but you still cringe during the whole process.
2017-2-5
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Been pretty windy here in Tassie for last few weeks.
Very game with picking that landing spot in those winds.
The pause before landing can be annoying, hope you find the answer.
2017-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules