Constantly losing connection
2291 16 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EmmettPhotograp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 274869 ft
United States

I've been flying for about two months now.  When I fly it's very frustrating as about 2/3 of the time I get a lost connection signal, with the red light flashing on the remote controller.  I have flown in various different locations to see if there is any interference and there seems to be no link to location and connectivity.  My connectivity problems can start immediately after take off, or even before take off.  If I connect the connection seems to stay for 10-15 mins, but more often than not I take off and then lose connectivity and the bird just lands itself.  Sometimes turning eveything off and on again, or even replacing the battery seems to work, but only for a while.  I am on all the latest versions of the software.  What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else experienced this problem?
2017-2-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Please provide with AC model, software version for all. Download log file to healthydrones.com
2017-2-11
Use props
EmmettPhotograp
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-11 19:53
Please provide with AC model, software version for all. Download log file to healthydrones.com

Logs are uploaded.  AC is a Phantom 4 Pro. DJI Go App 4.03, Firmware was the latest version a week or two ago - sorry not sure how i check it for the AC and controller.  Thanks.
2017-2-11
Use props
EmmettPhotograp
lvl.1
United States

Logs are uploaded.  AC is a Phantom 4 Pro. DJI Go App 4.03, Firmware was the latest version a week or two ago - sorry not sure how i check it for the AC and controller.  Thanks.
2017-2-11
Use props
EmmettPhotograp
lvl.1
United States

2017-2-11
Use props
EmmettPhotograp
lvl.1
United States

2017-2-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

EmmettPhotograp Posted at 2017-2-11 20:58

You mean GO 4 APP? Please post the link for the healthydrones.com
2017-2-11
Use props
EmmettPhotograp
lvl.1
United States

YES ABOUT THE GO 4 APP.

Here's a few bad flights:
1. https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... d=SENSORSSignal_Map
2. https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... d=SENSORSSignal_Map
3. https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... d=SENSORSSignal_Map

Here's a few good flights:
4. https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... d=SENSORSSignal_Map
5. https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... d=SENSORSSignal_Map
6. https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... d=SENSORSSignal_Map
2017-2-11
Use props
Nas PRO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2590561 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

The same here with the disappointing latest firmware
2017-2-12
Use props
EmmettPhotograp
lvl.1
United States

Nas PRO Posted at 2017-2-12 00:46
The same here with the disappointing latest firmware

Does that mean there's nothing I can do until DJI release a new firmware?
2017-2-12
Use props
Happy Retiree
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728478 ft
United States

I just flew my P4P using Litchi instead of DJI Go 4, and I was at least able to record in 4K/30, which has become impossible to do with DJI Go 4 while maintaining connectivity to my view screen. I haven't used Litchi very much, so if there is a way to record in 4K/60, I wasn't able to find it in the Litchi controls. I also couldn't find the way, if there is one, to adjust the horizon level in flight with Litchi.
2017-2-12
Use props
EmmettPhotograp
lvl.1
United States

Happy Retiree Posted at 2017-2-12 08:21
I just flew my P4P using Litchi instead of DJI Go 4, and I was at least able to record in 4K/30, which has become impossible to do with DJI Go 4 while maintaining connectivity to my view screen. I haven't used Litchi very much, so if there is a way to record in 4K/60, I wasn't able to find it in the Litchi controls. I also couldn't find the way, if there is one, to adjust the horizon level in flight with Litchi.

Thanks for the information. I'll look into Litchi and see if it'll help.

My video recording doesn't seem to have a problem, it's really the connection to control the aircraft.  I'd like to get to a point that I will be able to fly the AC first and then I can focus on any other issue I may face.
2017-2-12
Use props
Happy Retiree
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728478 ft
United States

EmmettPhotograp Posted at 2017-2-12 09:43
Thanks for the information. I'll look into Litchi and see if it'll help.

My video recording doesn't seem to have a problem, it's really the connection to control the aircraft.  I'd like to get to a point that I will be able to fly the AC first and then I can focus on any other issue I may face.

Yes, that's right. The primary problem is with the live view for most people, not with the video recording. Losing connection doesn't normally cause the video to stop recording. But, for some reason that nobody has figured out yet, there are many of us who, when using DJI Go 4, have seen the live view problem get worse as the resolution level of the recording is increased. The main live view difficulties involve distortion and/or total disconnection from DJI Go 4.

As an experiment, you could record at 1080p/30, and see if that doesn't make the live view a whole lot better than when you're recording at higher resolution. That is definitely what I was experiencing.
2017-2-12
Use props
Nas PRO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2590561 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

EmmettPhotograp Posted at 2017-2-12 07:25
Does that mean there's nothing I can do until DJI release a new firmware?

Solved : You can go back to all the firmwares  by downloading dji assistant  2 and then connect your phantom to your  Computer
It is really Surprising  nobody mention that!
2017-2-15
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Nas PRO Posted at 2017-2-15 01:36
Solved : You can go back to all the firmwares  by downloading dji assistant  2 and then connect your phantom to your  Computer

So you went back to the previous firmware, and it works better ?
2017-2-15
Use props
EmmettPhotograp
lvl.1
United States

Nas PRO Posted at 2017-2-15 01:36

I went back to different versions and it didn't improve anything.  I'm sending my AC and RC to get checked
2017-2-18
Use props
EmmettPhotograp
lvl.1
United States

I sent my AC & RC units in for servicing and they came back perfect - functions without fault, with all three batteries.  I couldn't be happier with the customer service that I received.  Thank you DJI.  Cheers.
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules