Battery update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manning Valley
lvl.1

Australia

I have purchased a new battery for my phantom 3 pro.
I have recently updated the firmware of the aircraft to the latest version and wondering now will I need to update my new battery to the same firmware?

In order to do this do I just download the same firmware my aircraft was updated with and put my new battery in to conduct the update? Or is there another way this process is to be done?

Thanks

2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, bin file on the sd card, and pop in the flight pack.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

HI Manning. You hit it spot on. When there are battery upgrades (usually done with other firmware upgrades) I will do the entire upgrade, and then do it again with each battery I have (4). The update does not take as long, however. Just watch for the blinking green light on the plate above the camera.  Happy Flying!  (PS, make sure to remove the update file before restarting to fly!)

Barney
2017-2-13
Use props
Manning Valley
lvl.1

Australia

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2017-2-13 16:17
HI Manning. You hit it spot on. When there are battery upgrades (usually done with other firmware upgrades) I will do the entire upgrade, and then do it again with each battery I have (4). The update does not take as long, however. Just watch for the blinking green light on the plate above the camera.  Happy Flying!  (PS, make sure to remove the update file before restarting to fly!)

Barney

Thank You Barney
2017-2-13
Use props
Manning Valley
lvl.1

Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-13 16:16
Yes, bin file on the sd card, and pop in the flight pack.

Thank You RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hey, you're welcome.

You could also check the battery in the drone first, as it might already be current....

Have  a great day... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
Manning Valley
lvl.1

Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-13 16:26
Hey, you're welcome.

You could also check the battery in the drone first, as it might already be current....

I just put the battery in along with the correct firmware on it, it flashed green a few times and then stayed a solid green do you know what this means?
2017-2-13
Use props
Manning Valley
lvl.1

Australia

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2017-2-13 16:17

Barney

I just put the battery in along with the correct firmware on it, it flashed green a few times and then stayed a solid green do you know what this means?
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

If the LED diodes on the flight pack reacted differently than normal, it updated.

You could check the file generated on the sd card, by placing the sd card back in the computer.

It might say success somewhere on the document.

If you tap edit, on your double post, and then bottom left corner Additional options, you can tap Del this post, to remove it. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules