Controller Screen Alignment Phantom 4 Pro +
1120 9 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peecee
lvl.1

Australia

I literally just picked up my drone and got home opened the box an pulled out the controller and was wondering before even taking any plastic off or turning it on should my screen be off centre ?

I find it strange of it is menat to me like that, Ill try and attche some pics as I just tried and its not working.

Any help would be great as I dont want to use it before I figure out if this is a problem.

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

2017-2-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Are you able to reposition the mount slightly? Have you tried turning using it to see if it functions properly?
2017-2-15
Use props
peecee
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-15 23:17
Are you able to reposition the mount slightly? Have you tried turning using it to see if it functions properly?

I haven't as I don't want to damage it and I didn't want to turn it on and take the plastic off incase there is an issue.

The mount looks central its just bent at an angle, everything seems flush and tight.

Im so OCD that even if its fine having a screen off centre and twisted would just annoy me in general, a mate with the same drone sent me pics of his and its totally fine and closes flush to the base.
2017-2-15
Use props
OscarD
lvl.2
United States

Mine is a little distorted as well, not as bad as yours though. I'm a bit OCD myself but I can live with mine. Good luck and I hope all works well!
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

peecee Posted at 2017-2-15 23:49
I haven't as I don't want to damage it and I didn't want to turn it on and take the plastic off incase there is an issue.

The mount looks central its just bent at an angle, everything seems flush and tight.

It was most likely skewed during manufacture. If it had been dropped, there would most likely be stress on the metal and there would be visible damage to the screen itself. You should be able to turn it on with the wrapping on, just to check if it works. If the amount of skew is going to bother you anyway, you're better off getting and exchange with your dealer (if you're still within the exchange period for them).
2017-2-16
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

peecee Posted at 2017-2-15 23:49

Do yourself a favor and return it...
2017-2-16
Use props
peecee
lvl.1

Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-2-16 19:49
Do yourself a favor and return it...

Was hoping DJI may pop on and tell me its ok but I've just returned it, very annoying when something cost a couple of grand
224556y6v769pc1hwwa769.jpg

2017-2-17
Use props
sd603
lvl.2
Flight distance : 274465 ft
United States

Mine is also off.  
2017-2-17
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

peecee Posted at 2017-2-17 00:06
Was hoping DJI may pop on and tell me its ok but I've just returned it, very annoying when something cost a couple of grand

Good for you, I would have done the same thing. Mine is 100% centered...
2017-2-17
Use props
peecee
lvl.1

Australia

So I just returned the Drone turns out they had another 1 in stock and the same issue but not as bad, I've taken a chance with it and will see how I go.
2017-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules