Unable to record in 4K on my new P3P
548 10 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jopyro
lvl.1

United States

I have had the worst buying experience of my life buying from DJI.  I purchased a phantom 3 professional (refurbished) with extra battery.  Cost $749.00. Completed payment and order on 1/15/17.  I Received a shipping notification with tracking # on 1/22/17. The Package weight 12 lbs and expected delivery date of 1/27/17. Took a little while to ship but still happy at this point.  Received the Drone on 1/27/17. The Drone had problems out of the box.  It will only connect to the DJI go app as an "Advanced" model, unable to record in 4K and will not accept professional firmware updates.  I Contacted DJI tech support immediately on the issue and through their troubleshooting a case was opened for an exchange.  I sent the entire package and all accessories back as directed by DJI for a replacement. This was Friday evening 1/27/17.  Received a UPS  shipping label over the weekend and had the package in UPS hands Monday morning on 1/30/17. Checked tracking and DJI received package on 2/3/17. Contacted DJI several times to check status of the order and finally on 2/17/17 I receive an email stating that the replacement has been approved and shipped with a tracking number.  Check the tracking and package weight shows only 5 lbs which lead me to believe that they have made a mistake and are only shipping the aircraft only.  A bit unhappy at this point as we sitting here in another waiting game just to see what was shipped and if it was just the aircraft, how long will have to wait for the controller, extra battery and accessories. Original order and payment made on 1/15/17 it is now 2/18/17. No Drone or the money spent.  I have asked for expedited service but the refuse.  Probably should have ordered on ebay or Amazon.  Anyone else have issues from DJI.
2017-2-18
Use props
fansa30ba780
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186995 ft
Singapore

I understand how unhappy and upset you are feeling right now. However, you cannot put all the blame on DJI i feel. I mean it was explicitly stated under the after-sales policy to remove all additional accessories parts and attachments. Therefore, I would assume that the department that received your device is separate from the one that actually does the repairs. Upon returning your drone, they might have gotten confused in the process and assumed that you had only sent in the faulty device, so they returned it once it had been fixed in an attempt to shorten waiting time while your accessories are sitting in a waiting room.
2017-2-18
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

fansa30ba780 Posted at 2017-2-18 14:35
I understand how unhappy and upset you are feeling right now. However, you cannot put all the blame on DJI i feel. I mean it was explicitly stated under the after-sales policy to remove all additional accessories parts and attachments. Therefore, I would assume that the department that received your device is separate from the one that actually does the repairs. Upon returning your drone, they might have gotten confused in the process and assumed that you had only sent in the faulty device, so they returned it once it had been fixed in an attempt to shorten waiting time while your accessories are sitting in a waiting room.

It is DJI's fault, and they have horrible support, only these forums help, I have had 6 propellers,2 were useless, and 4 came scratched in the Phantom 3 box, then I made a case, 5-6 day later, and then they send me another 4 unusable propellers, in 2 weeks, of contact and time wasted. So yes, you can put the blame on DJI, they send you the bad product, and plus it is the quality control issue.
2017-2-18
Use props
Jopyro
lvl.1

United States

No fansa30ba780.  It is all on DJI.  This was an exchange not a repair first of all.  Secondly the form I had to fill out was VERY CLEAR about sending all accessories back. Would you like to see the form? It states very clearly that if any items were left out there would be delays in the return/exchange process.  
2017-2-18
Use props
Jopyro
lvl.1

United States

fansa30ba780 Posted at 2017-2-18 14:35

No.  it is all on DJI. This was an exchange not a repair first of all. Secondly the form I had to fill out was VERY CLEAR about sending all accessories back.  Would you like to see the form.  It states very clearly that if any items were left out that the return/exchange process would be delayed
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jopyro, we'll escalate your case and get back to you as soon as possible.
Sorry for the trouble again.
2017-2-18
Use props
Jopyro
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-18 19:41
Jopyro, we'll escalate your case and get back to you as soon as possible.
Sorry for the trouble again.

Thanks Natalia and no offense to you but I have heard that several times and nothing has changed.  
2017-2-20
Use props
Jopyro
lvl.1

United States

Wow.  Funny how DJI forum admin changed the title of this thread. Titled "horrible customer service not happy" to new P3P won't record In 4k. Yes that was part of the original problem but the main issue this rant about was slow and lack of response time.  And mistakes made along the way by DJI
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jopyro Posted at 2017-2-20 08:10
Thanks Natalia and no offense to you but I have heard that several times and nothing has changed.

We do understand how frustrating it must be, Jopyro.
We're following up your case recently, we'll contact you for any new information.
Thank you so much again for you support.
2017-2-20
Use props
Jopyro
lvl.1

United States

Finally received the P3P last Friday. Package was complete with all accessories.  Fully tested over the weekend.  Everything appears to be functioning properly so far. Extremely happy with my P3P just wish service could have been much quicker and less frustrating.
2017-2-27
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Jopyro Posted at 2017-2-27 11:29
Finally received the P3P last Friday. Package was complete with all accessories.  Fully tested over the weekend.  Everything appears to be functioning properly so far. Extremely happy with my P3P just wish service could have been much quicker and less frustrating.

so to some it up
all the complaining about you only getting the actual quad back without the accessories was not something that happened
you were only surmising that on your own!

you were  GUESSING they were doing that and then complaining in advance of it being true...

too funny and sad at once
2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules