843 4 2017-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
parradesign
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142549 ft
Italy

Hi all,

Yesterday I unfortunatelly notice that there's a crack on the top of my Mavic gimbal. I didn't use the gimbal clamp for a couple of time and I scratched the top However, the gimbal is working fine. It's perfectly stable and no sign of error.
I attach a photo. What is your suggestion? I already send an email to the support but the damage doesn't seem huge to me. It's not a "structural" part of the gimbal and I want to understand if I can continue to use it without a repair.

Of course I will always use the clamp in the future.

2017-2-21
Use props
parradesign
lvl.1
Italy

Image here
2017-2-21
Use props
zizi8862
New

New Zealand

I have a similar issue with my gimbal too but I didnt crash or hit the gimbal area as I have been using the cover for my last few flights. I have a very fine hair line crack on the round plate behind the camera. I also want to know if its something that needs to be attended to or can be left as it is.  I have attached photo http://d.pr/i/bP8J here.
2017-2-21
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

The first image looks like stress cracks.  It may even be cause by factory over tightening of the screws on that cap.  The crack goes all the way from one side to the other.  You might also check with a magnifier to see if there isn't a very small crack at the upper screw.  It appears so in the picture.
2017-2-21
Use props
parradesign
lvl.1
Italy

since it's not a "structural" part of the gimbal I'm thinking keep it as it is and to put a little quantity of super glue on it [very very little]. I'll keep it under control (too see if the crack becomes worst).
what's your suggestion?
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules