ANGRY: Mavic with faulty camera, repair taking forever
2134 18 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa3a8cb38
lvl.1
Portugal

Hi,

So I'm one of the "lucky" ones to have received a Mavic with a faulty camera, all blurry on the left side.

I sent the unit back for repair/replacement to DJI Europe on February 7th.

We are now on the 22nd and the support chat is telling me that I have to wait for a "couple of weeks" more to have the unit shipped!
This is unbelievable! They have the drone for 8 business days now and I still have to wait for a "couple of weeks"??

You support is terrible and I will never buy from you again.

You have my money for more than 45 days and I never had a drone (sent it back right after checking the issue).

If any of you DJI members can look into the case, here is the number: CAS-438598-K2Q0J9

Thank you,
Fábio

2017-2-22
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

Welcome to my world. Got my mavic with damages on arrival. Sent it in on the feb 7th. Got there on the 14th and didn't update to "received" till the 17th. Spoke to dji yesterday and got the same "it might be a few more weeks". If that is true then this will be my first and last dji product. Was going to buy a phantom 4 pro also but at this point I wished I never bought this mavic.
2017-2-22
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Exact same issue with my mavic. Garbage support, why sell a product that needs to be sent in for repair within a couple of days...Ask for your money back. Open a case with bank/paypal/credit card company etc...Teach these @#$%^&* a lesson.
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Fábio, we feel so sorry for your unpleasant experience, I've informed our related team for your case, will try our best to handle it as soon as possible.
2017-2-22
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-22 19:03
Fábio, we feel so sorry for your unpleasant experience, I've informed our related team for your case, will try our best to handle it as soon as possible.

Can you look at my issue please? The US support people on here are ignoring me because I'm critical of the issues with the Mavic. Thanks.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-85695-1-1.html

2017-2-22
Use props
SkyMemories
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139967 ft

Malaysia

yup.. Waranty 1 year,,, send to warranty take 3month ++... what the.......
2017-2-23
Use props
usere548b8b9f6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79987 ft
United Kingdom

CAS-466343-H2D1V8

The customer service of this company is a complete disgrace- nobody knows anything and the platitudes and apologies are completely empty if you can't pay the customer the respect of at least telling them when they will get their drone back. It's not rocket science, in fact it's basic decency to communicate clearly and accurately with the people who are giving you their money in exchange for goods.

I cannot even tell you how much the lack of this drone is effecting both my research and my business. Every moment that it's not in my possession is money lost, clients turned away and research time in the field disrupted. On the website it says that Mavics are shipping 1-3 days- why the f*** can they not send us replacements in the same timescale?!?

I was about to buy a Ronin MX with DJI Focus, but you can forget about it- i will never buy another DJI product, and I will actively discourage my colleagues from supporting them also.

2017-2-23
Use props
HTC
lvl.1
United States

One word: China
That's all you need to know.
2017-2-23
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

HTC Posted at 2017-2-23 06:17
One word: China
That's all you need to know.

yup........
2017-2-23
Use props
Aaticri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213022 ft
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same issue and same with the same dates too . Live chat have no info other than probably next week !! I can't believe it. My mavic has been in process longer than I have had it myself now and it isn't good enough. My case number is CAS-440452-Y6S6C5

Maybe a mod can pass on our frustrations
2017-2-23
Use props
Speed009
lvl.1

United States

This is seriously completely unacceptable. I am very leaning towards returning my mavic pro and 2 batteries back to best buy after all these issues I am hearing and seeing now that I joined this forum.

The DJI customer service seems like a utter complete joke.

In terms of the blurriness did that develop overtime or was it right out of the box blurry??
2017-2-23
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Speed009 Posted at 2017-2-23 13:08
This is seriously completely unacceptable. I am very leaning towards returning my mavic pro and 2 batteries back to best buy after all these issues I am hearing and seeing now that I joined this forum.

What a clown.
Hear about someone elses problem and you act as if it is your problem and pretend you have consumer rights based on someone elses experience.

At least wait until your mavic f$%ks up and then get in the cue.
2017-2-23
Use props
Speed009
lvl.1

United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-2-23 15:03
What a clown.
Hear about someone elses problem and you act as if it is your problem and pretend you have consumer rights based on someone elses experience.

look at this smarta$$ over here. You buy and keep your electronics even if it has a known high failure rate and crap customer service? Lucky you fu%kboy, some people dont blow 1000 dollars on unreliable toys.
2017-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Speed009 Posted at 2017-2-23 16:06
look at this smarta$$ over here. You buy and keep your electronics even if it has a known high failure rate and crap customer service? Lucky you fu%kboy, some people dont blow 1000 dollars on unreliable toys.

Doesn't have a high failure rate there might be a few problems but the majority are working fine, don't read to much into what you read around here, this is a place some come to air their grievances, just jumping on the bandwagon when you have no problems doesn't help,

The majority of problems are sorted out 10/14 business days , so customer service is not as bad as you or others are making it out to be, also mods around here are very helpful, and deserve some respect..

Complaining does not work as a strategy. We all have finite time and energy. Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won't make us happier.”
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We do understand how frustrating it must be, very sorry for the trouble caused.
We're aware of your cases and will take care of them.
Thank you so much for your supporting again.
2017-2-23
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Speed009 Posted at 2017-2-23 16:06

Speed009 AKA yankee fu%kboy, go do yourself mate and do us all a favor.
2017-2-23
Use props
fansa3a8cb38
lvl.1
Portugal

Speed009 Posted at 2017-2-23 13:08

The blur was right out of the box.

I only kept the drone for 4 days because the weather was not good for flying.
After I flew it on a sunny day it, the blurriness was pretty clear.

UPDATE: I have just received an email informing that my replacement product has been shipped with UPS.
I can only assume that this is related to this topic and at least the mods here try to do something for us, so thanks for that.

It's amazing how the support tells me that I have to wait a couple of weeks and 24 hours later the drone is shipped. This just shows the mess that must go in the whole orders/repairs processing...
2017-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansa3a8cb38 Posted at 2017-2-24 04:03
The blur was right out of the box.

I only kept the drone for 4 days because the weather was not good for flying.

I think as your post says support told you , you would have to wait two weeks, and you received it well before that, so why not give them a break , let them and everyone here know that you are happy to have your AC back in good time and be thankful for that..

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough”
2017-2-24
Use props
usere548b8b9f6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79987 ft
United Kingdom

So, after making this complaint I had a new drone, new battery and a set of props with me by special delivery- within 5 days of posting here.

In the meantime I researched the hell out of the GoPro Karma and borrowed a 3DR Solo to play with. Bottomline: The Mavic is pretty much the best quality product out there for the money, but unfortunately, because DJI have this product, and it's been insanely popular, their customer service has slipped, and they've taken to closing down clear lines of communication and simulated mis-information.

So in the end, the self-educated consumer is left weighing up the quality of the product with the quality of the aftercare. Even with all of the hassle I've had- and I'm aware that I'm still yet to properly test this new drone!- I still think that spending the money on the Mavic Pro Bundle and DJI Care Refresh was the right thing to do.

Would I buy another product from DJI? Man, I actually really love DJI tech and their approach to design, but that customer service... I just don't know...

If you're waiting on them for your kit, just hang in there- you'll be out in nature with the wind in your hair trying to get 'that shot' very soon ;)
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules