Certificate of Public Liability Insurance UK
1630 6 2015-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stoneyphil
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Guys, after watching some of the videos where a professional video/Photographer had a problem with his chopper and crashed into 2 cars causing damage to both and the stories of near misses I have read I thought I had better have 3rd party insurance so I joined FPV UK and paid £17 for 6 month (policy runs out in July). it is worth a thought as I've spent up just getting this bird
2015-2-22
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This cover only covers you as a hobbiest, flying in fields away from people and buildings. I have the buuc-s and my insurance is 600 per year with 1000 excess for the first 12 months
2015-3-3
Use props
stoneyphil
lvl.2

United Kingdom

david.spencer@b Posted at 2015-3-4 13:23
This cover only covers you as a hobbiest, flying in fields away from people and buildings. I have th ...

I'm only a hobbiest
2015-3-4
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

david.spencer@b Posted at 2015-3-4 13:23
This cover only covers you as a hobbiest, flying in fields away from people and buildings. I have th ...

Ouch..... That sounds like John Heath !!!! Lol.

There are much better and more competitive options than Coverdrone becoming available now.
2015-3-4
Use props
brianmlevy.me
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can, of course, get third party insurance by becoming a member of the British Model Flyer's Association (BMFA). You can either become a national member or, if you can join an affiliated model aircraft club. I think you will find that membership is incredibly reasonable and includes insurance. I am horrified by the prices quoted in the comments made here... I think that, like so many insurance companies, there are some rip-off merchants about. The BMFA has been around for ever and I definitely trust them...
2015-3-4
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Do you know if their insurance covers you for commercial work?
2015-3-4
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The model association does not cover you for commercial work, you need CAA permission to fly for commercial work.

Yeah mine is with cover drone which serves a purpose for my first year, I will have a better look when it's renual time
2015-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules