Warning - battery could fall off!
1081 8 2017-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SwedishDrone
lvl.2
Sweden

Yesterday I was about to fly over a bridge, and as I looked at the drone, I could se a rather large crack on it, and when I looked closer, I realized it was not a crack on the actual drone, but a crack between the battery and the drone. The drone started and everyting was ok, but the battery was actually not in the correct position. It was rather loose. I imagined it falling off when I would be above the water - rather dire consequenses. Just a warning, make sure the battery is attached correctly, and you can hear the "click"...
Good luck everyone!
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi SwedishDrone, could you please take some photos of the crack or make a short video shows the issue?
Did you get any error message from DJI GO app?
2017-2-26
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

When I tilt the battery about 2mm after pressing the release button, power is shut off.
2017-2-26
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

Thanks. Good advice SwedishDrone.
2017-2-27
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

In my opinion, install mavic battery by pushing it down until you hear a loud click would be the best. If you install it by pressing 2 locks, battery might not seat properly and it can pop up.
2017-2-27
Use props
armoredsaint
lvl.1
United States

is this the Karma forum now?
2017-2-27
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.2

United States

I suspect that at least a portion of the scattered reports of Mavics falling out of the sky are due to folks not making sure they have the battery fully installed and locked. No company can make something completely brain fart proof.
(Not a slam on you OP. EVERYONE has an occasional Brain fart, including me)
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just make sure the battery is seated and locked and it will not come out.
2017-2-27
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Hi Ken,

A quick off topic question for you, sorry OP. Do you think its ok to charge mavic battery using phantom 4 charger directly?
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules