IPAD 3,4 or MINI models?
2114 16 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PVILOTIC
lvl.1

Serbia

Hello,
what would you suggest , IPAD 3,4 or mini options?I am thinking about mini models,probably 2,because i am a bit on a budget right now.Also, for carrying it around, it will be much easier i guess  then bigger ipads?I was always android user, so i don't have expirience with Apple products.Also, would it 16gb be enough?I have anyway 2 batteries in total, so i can't film so long,daily.
Would ipad mini 16 gb be a solid shopping...?please suggest , because i am now using my phone Samsung s7 edge, but i am not so satisfied, i have glitches etc, also can't zoom in out.
its urgent ,so any help ....thanks
2017-2-27
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I use an iPad 3, which works perfectly but is a bit clumsy and large. If it were just for flying, I'd MUCH rather have an iPad mini 2. So much smaller, lighter and big enough. Here I would take the latest version, because it comes with Retina display. Hope that helps.
2017-2-27
Use props
PVILOTIC
lvl.1

Serbia

fivetonine Posted at 2017-2-27 05:08
I use an iPad 3, which works perfectly but is a bit clumsy and large. If it were just for flying, I'd MUCH rather have an iPad mini 2. So much smaller, lighter and big enough. Here I would take the latest version, because it comes with Retina display. Hope that helps.

thank you ! also, i totally forgot that P4 has its own SD slot, so i guess capacity on Ipad mini is not so important in this case ...xD
2017-2-27
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, I use iPad mini 4, I've had no problem with it.
2017-2-27
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

I think the iPad capacity is a non-issue, because you'll want to store videos and RAW images on the SD card. If you plan to use the SD card later on your computer, then you can go for a low-storage iPad.
2017-2-27
Use props
tundrwd
lvl.2
United States

fivetonine Posted at 2017-2-27 05:08

Which version of DJI Go are you using?  I've tried to download DJI Go 4 to my iPad3, and am told it is not compatible with iOS 9... (which is where the iPad 3 is now stuck)
2017-2-27
Use props
PaulL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23898 ft
United States

PV,

I would suggest purchasing the iPad 4. You would be able to upgrade the Go app for a few more years at least. And with each upgrade, there may be more features that you wish you could employ to your drone. The cost difference is minimal. I purchased a used IPAD mini 4, and as a rule I try to keep as few apps on it as possible. Just to help save space and avoid conflicts. I tried using a iPad, but it was too big and heavy for me. I also like the way the mini fits in the Phantom hard case.

Good luck and have fun!
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you're going the Mini route, I would say have the newest one you can get. The processor is normally just one generation behind, so you'll be 'future proof' for a little while longer.
2017-2-27
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

tundrwd Posted at 2017-2-27 11:14
Which version of DJI Go are you using?  I've tried to download DJI Go 4 to my iPad3, and am told it is not compatible with iOS 9... (which is where the iPad 3 is now stuck)

Sorry I just checked and it is iPad 4. So no problem with Go 4, I use it all the time.
2017-2-27
Use props
Towerjockey
lvl.1

United States

I just upgraded from my iPad Mini 2 to a iPad mini 4. Huge improvement I have experienced no lag whatsover like I did with the Mini 2.
2017-2-28
Use props
kou
lvl.1

United States

I am using an iPad 4 now. I think this iPad model has an amazing processor!  Only my personal opinion. If you're interested in other types but can't decide which one is the best,  you can try to see more pros and cons of all iPad models for better comparison.
2018-10-15
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft

kou Posted at 2018-10-15 01:43
I am using an iPad 4 now. I think this iPad model has an amazing processor!  Only my personal opinion. If you're interested in other types but can't decide which one is the best,  you can try to see more pros and cons of all iPad models for better comparison.

I have been using the iPad Mini 4 for over a year now, it is a great little iPad. Two weeks ago I decided to purchase the Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10, and with the extra 2 " screen, it is a whole different world. I also paid $209.00 for it which is a lot less than the Mini 4. Also once you have the Android system set up properly, to use the Huawei takes one input and it automatically starts the DJi 4go program for you. (I am doing a visual piece on that now). I will tell you, not only for the price but the ease of use, the Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10 is the way to go.

(I also strongly suggest dedicated you mobile device to DJi, not using a lot of apps, which will put undo stress on the processor.)
2018-10-15
Use props
Michael Kemper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1709583 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe it had been mentioned elsewhere, but I recommend avoiding the iPad Mini *3*. I thought the drone or controller were having video transmission issues, but it was just that iPad and another Mini 3 I had tried. Mini 3 has the A7 processor and Mini 4 has the A8. Seems the A8 is much better suited for the job!
2018-10-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use an iPad Mini4 with cellular - works perfectly with both GO apps.
2018-10-15
Use props
Spacer2711
lvl.4
Flight distance : 821821 ft

Michael Kemper Posted at 2018-10-15 04:41
I believe it had been mentioned elsewhere, but I recommend avoiding the iPad Mini *3*. I thought the drone or controller were having video transmission issues, but it was just that iPad and another Mini 3 I had tried. Mini 3 has the A7 processor and Mini 4 has the A8. Seems the A8 is much better suited for the job!

That isn't my experience with the iPad Mini 3 (cellular). I don't experience any problems when using the iPad Mini 3 in combination with DJI Go or Litchi. Perhaps I'm a positive exception.

2018-10-15
Use props
Michael Kemper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1709583 ft
  • >>>

Spacer2711 Posted at 2018-10-15 09:59
That isn't my experience with the iPad Mini 3 (cellular). I don't experience any problems when using the iPad Mini 3 in combination with DJI Go or Litchi. Perhaps I'm a positive exception.

Really?! I'm glad to hear it. Mine worked for the longest (also cellular) then started having issues... I wish I tracked if it was an update or what. Then I got access to a factory reset Mini 3 to give it another go and same issues. When I switched to my Android phone or new iPad the issues went away. No telling.
2018-10-15
Use props
tecgeek
lvl.1

China

I think the faster components of the iPad mini 4 are well worth the extra cost. It will get a longer software upgrade from Apple due to a faster chipset and extra RAM. Spend the extra cash and get a new iPad model.
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules