Matrice 200 using XT = No XT coming for I2??
2704 10 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark847
lvl.2
Flight distance : 745374 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, the marketing for Matrice 200 says it can use the zenmuse XT... so I'm guessing this has to mean that ONE of the two gimbals on the craft is using the OLD camera connector (I1) to be able to use the current zenmuse XT.

If that's the case... I'm wondering if they are just going to stick with the current XT model and not even worry about creating one for I2 (new connector)?  I really hope not.

Thoughts?

2017-2-27
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

using an adapter.

Just wonder if it means that it can be used on I2?

backwards compatible mount for X5.jpg
2017-2-27
Use props
Mark847
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ha. So now they are going to have an adapter , which means all the people who have went out now and bought an x5s could have used their existing X5 on their Inspire 2?  I mean , awesome if that's the case (I just have the x4s so far), but wow... seems like they should have mentioned that adapter at release of I2.
2017-2-27
Use props
Mark847
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-27 11:28
using an adapter.

Just wonder if it means that it can be used on I2?

btw , where did you get that image from? can you post a link? thanks
2017-2-27
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

There is no XT coming for the I2. The I2 is designed for cinematography and the m200 is more for commercial applications.

Mark G.
2017-3-1
Use props
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark847 Posted at 2017-2-27 12:36
ha. So now they are going to have an adapter , which means all the people who have went out now and bought an x5s could have used their existing X5 on their Inspire 2?  I mean , awesome if that's the case (I just have the x4s so far), but wow... seems like they should have mentioned that adapter at release of I2.

No the X5 cannot work on a I2 the processor is in the platform and not in the camera as on the X5.
2017-3-2
Use props
Mark847
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Confusing how BOTH the XT and the X5 worked on the Inspire 1, but now ONLY the XT works on the Matrice 200. ???   They were the same connector etc. Why would one work and not the other?
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Mark847 Posted at 2017-2-27 12:36

Even if you rigged the I2 with the mount shown in post #2, firmware would keep the older X5/X5R from being recognized since the I2 uses a different flight controller fromthe I1. Having backwards compatibility is not expected for the I2, so having a I2 version of that mount is highly unlikely.
2017-3-2
Use props
Mark847
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It's definitely a really good business plan as far as generating more sales, but IMO the cameras should be universal across the different models of drones. Especially within the same iteration Ie. Inspire 2, Matrice 200... They were basically developed right around the same time.   It's a very bizarre mish mash of compatibility.  The Matrice can use the X5S, and so can the Inspire 2...so they went PART of the way with the cross compatibility, but not all the way.
And why now box I2 owners into a corner of the market ?  Why shouldn't I have the option of buying a thermal camera for my I2?  
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Mark847 Posted at 2017-3-2 11:28
It's definitely a really good business plan as far as generating more sales, but IMO the cameras should be universal across the different models of drones. Especially within the same iteration Ie. Inspire 2, Matrice 200... They were basically developed right around the same time.   It's a very bizarre mish mash of compatibility.  The Matrice can use the X5S, and so can the Inspire 2...so they went PART of the way with the cross compatibility, but not all the way.
And why now box I2 owners into a corner of the market ?  Why shouldn't I have the option of buying a thermal camera for my I2?

The trade off between the M200 and the I2 is that the X5S is not used to its full potential  on the M200 as you can on the I2. The M200 cannot use the SSD in order to use ProRes or CinemaDNG RAW codecs and essentially the 5.2K resolution. This continues to maintain the separation between cinema and industrial use. An industrial customer can still have use for a higher end 4K camera like the X5S which makes the X4S and X5S well rounded payloads, but there is no real cinema use for an industrial camera like the XT.
2017-3-2
Use props
JT2518
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1014 ft

United States

Hi guys , I have a Matrice 200 and XT Flir. Connected it to the aircraft and its not doing its usual function test. Is the XT Flir compatible witht eh M200 ? Cheers  
2018-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules