Official statement concerning cam problems?
1763 8 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sordrac
lvl.1
Germany

Since the beginning of this year I think about ordering a Mavic and I read a lot about all the problems with blurry pictures. I really wondered, why up to now there is no official statement?
Does it just happen with a very little percentace of Mavics or is it a general problem? Reading through all the forums I habe the impression, that it's a general problem....
Did I miss something, or is there a lack of information?

Ps: Sorry for my bad English as I'm not a native speaker.
2017-3-4
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sordrac,
   Your English is far superior to our German! We look forward to your joining the Mavic community.

The Mavic Pro is a compact aerial camera, a photographic and video tool. Like all consumer cameras, this tool can be used to take breathtaking shots and can likewise be misadjusted or poorly deployed to record junk.
More often than not, the quality of the image is determined by the photographer/videographer and not the equipment. Focus, exposure, depth of field, combined with airborne motion, wind, and piloting skills provide the tip of the iceberg for achieving quality images.

Admittedly, the Mavic Pro was rushed to market because of the Gopro Karma. Combined with multiple product releases - P4Pro, Inspire 2, etc, DJI is pushed to their supply chain limits, their support system limits, and their vendor eco-system limits. But the Mavic Pro is an outstanding platform and along with the OSMO, has become my perfered aerial platform.

If you want an official announcement from DJI, please explore Skypixel at https://www.skypixel.com and see the images that the DJI tools are capable of providing with the help of talented photographers and videographers...
2017-3-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi Sordrac.
As Daroga points out much of what you are reading has to do with inexperienced photographers and many who no very little about videoing or stills photography, so it becomes easy to blame dji for what a lot of the time is just lack of knowledge.
Admittedly dji is not very progressive on issuing any kind of manual with reasonable instructions on how to work or for best settings for camera, if they were more progressive in third department then they might not have half the problems.
If you look around on the likes of you tube you will see some excellent photography and videos created by good amateur photographers as well as professional, these are not lucky guys who just happened to get a good Mavic, but rather guys who are willing to put the work in to get desired results.

So don't pay to much heed to what you read around here, these forums are a place those who may have problems come to complain, the truth is there are many many more happy Mavic owners out there with none or very little problems.

Good luck..
2017-3-4
Use props
Sordrac
lvl.1
Germany

Hi and thanks a lot for your fast response. So I think I have to place an order next. ;)
2017-3-4
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

To be fair, even on perfectly fine Mavics, there are some issues with the camera, some of which are just physics facts of life, and others which may be addressed in future updates, for example, the hot spot and low light performance. The real test is whether people are allowing these limitations to prevent the making of great photos and videos -- the answer to this, as Daroga and hallmark007 point out, can be found in some pretty awesome content on YouTube, Skypixel and Flickr.
2017-3-4
Use props
Sordrac
lvl.1
Germany

So now I did the first few pictures with my Mavic and here a two test photos. On both I focused at the middle of the image and they are blurry at the lower right part.

Have a look at the gras crossing the picture.

Have a look at the tire lines in the lower right part.

So what do the experts think? Is this "normal" or should I open a support ticket? In most of the pictures I've seen up to now, there are blurry parts and I wonder myself, if it is possible to get a better one....

Thanks a lot for your response.
2017-3-12
Use props
Sordrac
lvl.1
Germany

Hmm, seems like the direct upload did not work.

So here are the links:

See the gras line

See the tire lines
2017-3-12
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

Sordrac Posted at 2017-3-12 12:08
Hmm, seems like the direct upload did not work.

So here are the links:

I definitely see it and think its an issue, but would I send mine back over it... probably not. Chances are the one you get back will have the same or some other worse issue, and you'll end up waiting a month just to get it.
2017-3-12
Use props
Sordrac
lvl.1
Germany

Hmm, have to think about it. It's a great product, but I have a problem to accept a reduced quality at this price level...
2017-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules