United States

Repairs Mavic
2017-3-8
Use props
fansfe5c1c02
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90702 ft
United States

On February 10, 2017 I had a minor accident where the Gimbal was compromised. I tried to fix it myself but it was a little difficult because the "Gimbal Vibration Damping” was broken. I checked online the authorized places to repair my mavic so I went to Drone Nerds in Aventura, Fl. I went there and some unexperienced guy without looking at my drone told me that takes around 2 months to fix it and the camera needs to be replaced. I asked him how he know if he didn’t even see it. Long story short, I thought this guy was an ignorant so I left. I went online on feb 14 and I filled the form out. A three days later I received the UPS labels to send out. I completed the instructions and I sent it. Then on feb 28 I received an email from support stating that on Feb 24th they received my drone. After 2 weeks waiting for the estimate of damage, on March 6, 2017 I received an email from DJI support stating that 4 arms, front, back, camera was damage and the cost of repairs was $440.00. I immediate reacted because the camera was the only part broken (hanging). Even after the accident the drone was flying perfect.
I think DJI support don’t check the devices received in detail, they just generate a random assessment and send it out. I already contacted support twice in the chat and they are going to check the damages one more time.

This service is awful. This people don’t have too much people available in California and service is horrible. Hope you don’t brake yours because you will be out of drone for at least 2 months and a huge bill.
2017-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansfe5c1c02 Posted at 2017-3-8 15:39
On February 10, 2017 I had a minor accident where the Gimbal was compromised. I tried to fix it myself but it was a little difficult because the "Gimbal Vibration Damping” was broken. I checked online the authorized places to repair my mavic so I went to Drone Nerds in Aventura, Fl. I went there and some unexperienced guy without looking at my drone told me that takes around 2 months to fix it and the camera needs to be replaced. I asked him how he know if he didn’t even see it. Long story short, I thought this guy was an ignorant so I left. I went online on feb 14 and I filled the form out. A three days later I received the UPS labels to send out. I completed the instructions and I sent it. Then on feb 28 I received an email from support stating that on Feb 24th they received my drone. After 2 weeks waiting for the estimate of damage, on March 6, 2017 I received an email from DJI support stating that 4 arms, front, back, camera was damage and the cost of repairs was $440.00. I immediate reacted because the camera was the only part broken (hanging). Even after the accident the drone was flying perfect.
I think DJI support don’t check the devices received in detail, they just generate a random assessment and send it out. I already contacted support twice in the chat and they are going to check the damages one more time.

Since your aircraft had a accident before and our damage assessment is strict, our engineers would suggest you to replace the parts that has been damaged.
I have brought this to the attention of our designated team and we will review your case then keep you updated.
2017-3-8
Use props
fansfe5c1c02
lvl.1
United States

NO Mindy, this is the first accident.
They reopen the file on Monday back and 4 days after i haven't received anything back.... again, the service is very very bad!!!
My question to is: if the aircraft flights good after the Gimbal Vibration Damping was broken , why did they write in the assessment, replace the 4 arms? whats wrong with the arms. the piece was broken is this one on the post
2017-3-9
Use props
fansfe5c1c02
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-8 18:13
Since your aircraft had a accident before and our damage assessment is strict, our engineers would suggest you to replace the parts that has been damaged.
I have brought this to the attention of our designated team and we will review your case then keep you updated.

Mindy, here is the case number
CAS-450163-W7W8L4
2017-3-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansfe5c1c02 Posted at 2017-3-11 19:44
Mindy, here is the case number
CAS-450163-W7W8L4

Thank you for your information.
Our support team are working on your case.
If I get any update, I'll let you know.
2017-3-12
Use props
fansfe5c1c02
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-12 23:10
Thank you for your information.
Our support team are working on your case.
If I get any update, I'll let you know.

finally i got a email from DJI stating that they wont be doing any "Cosmetic repairs" so they lower the invoice to $200.00 (wrong still)
after I paid. Today march 23. i havent received my drone back

WHAT A HORRENDOUS SERVICE!! WOW . Amazing Drone but the worse service ever!
2017-3-24
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

fansfe5c1c02 Posted at 2017-3-24 08:58
finally i got a email from DJI stating that they wont be doing any "Cosmetic repairs" so they lower the invoice to $200.00 (wrong still)

Yea.... Not a good look at all even after the price drop.
2017-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansfe5c1c02 Posted at 2017-3-24 08:58

I have checked your case and it has been updated early today.
We will arrange the shipment as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding.
2017-3-24
Use props
fansfe5c1c02
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-24 22:05
I have checked your case and it has been updated early today.
We will arrange the shipment as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding.

My drone finally was update after 2 months on 03/27/2017.

They create a UPS a label on Monday but they haven't shipped yet... common????
whats the problem with that awful service.

CAS-450163-W7W8L4
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansfe5c1c02 Posted at 2017-3-29 14:43
My drone finally was update after 2 months on 03/27/2017.

They create a UPS a label on Monday but they haven't shipped yet... common????

Really sorry for that.
I have sent a request to designated team and we will help to find out what's going on with your case.
2017-3-29
Use props
fansfe5c1c02
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-29 23:46
Really sorry for that.
I have sent a request to designated team and we will help to find out what's going on with your case.

Since Monday 3/27/2017 after 2 months trying to get my drone fix. I received a UPS tracking number. Today 4 days after the UPS tracking number. DJI have not shipped my Drone.

2 months texting, writing email, calling.

This company should not release the product in high scale if they dont have the resources to have a customer service.
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules