Texas Quarry
792 11 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Poop Chute
lvl.2

United States

The Mavic "Proteus" explores the Texas Quarry...

2017-3-12
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nice video and I like the music;-) although a bit long! Is that a chalk quarry for making cement?
2017-3-12
Use props
Snap_Shot
lvl.2
United States

We don't have anything like that up north here in Massachusetts. Very cool to see, thanks for sharing.
2017-3-12
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.2

United States

The Texas Quarry was established by Irish immigrants in the early 1800s to mine marble & limestone.  The marble base of the Washington Monument was mined here. The mine continues to extract marble & limestone, as well as aggregates, crush & run, & fill material.  I don't think they actually produce concrete here, though I am not 100% of this.
2017-3-12
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Nice . We have a white Marble quarry here in Sylacauga Alabama that has marble in the Washington Monument . I've thought about asking them for permission to fly over. I'm sure they'd give it to me .
2017-3-12
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.2

United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-3-12 12:06
Nice . We have a white Marble quarry here in Sylacauga Alabama that has marble in the Washington Monument . I've thought about asking them for permission to fly over. I'm sure they'd give it to me .

I have family in Alabama from Montgomery, Birmingham, & Talladega.  We used to visit the family lakehouse on Lake Jordon every year ner a town called Wetumpka.  I recall a quarry I think it was called Gant's Quarry or something like that?  You should head north for a day & get some shots of Talladega Motor Speedway!
2017-3-12
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.2

United States

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-3-12 09:20
Nice video and I like the music;-) although a bit long! Is that a chalk quarry for making cement?

Thanks.  On the length the video was created from two full flights totaling some 40+ minutes.  I favor making my drone videos into little featurette movies of sort.  
2017-3-12
Use props
MavicMule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

Nice work Poop Chute.  
2017-3-12
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.2

United States

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-3-12 09:20

Watching the quarry videos I noticed a whole fleet of concrete mixers so it appears they do indeed make concrete.
2017-3-12
Use props
JonCahillPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15256 ft
United States

The stunt drones are, indeed, essential. Nice!
2017-3-12
Use props
magstauk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 849367 ft
United Kingdom

Very nice!! love seeing different sights from around the world..
2017-3-13
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Poop Chute Posted at 2017-3-12 12:23
I have family in Alabama from Montgomery, Birmingham, & Talladega.  We used to visit the family lakehouse on Lake Jordon every year ner a town called Wetumpka.  I recall a quarry I think it was called Gant's Quarry or something like that?  You should head north for a day & get some shots of Talladega Motor Speedway!

Cool , small world isn't it ?  Yes it is the old Gant's Quarry and I do plan to get some shots of the speedway and other sites when work lets up on me . I also want to get permission to do some flyovers of the GP race track there in Talladega and also of Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds as that's where I have made quite a few laps on motorcycles over the years .
2017-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules